notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I tried naming one of my eggs after its code, (once it hatches) it'd be killed instantly. ohmy.gif

Good thing I have something else in mind for when it does hatch.

I had wmhp - William's Hope cause it gendered female.

and edyz - Edys Legacy, her dad was named Edy's Gift, so I couldn't resist after that code.

dtwrites

Edited by dtwrites

InQQ = Inquarian

IMMD = Iamindis

RXgI = Ruxgeil

ZAMx = Zamarax

Ix7o = Ixuillo

I think that's it for my code-based names. I only started doing it a few weeks back, and only when a name pops into my head upon first seeing the code.

If I tried naming one of my eggs after its code, (once it hatches) it'd be killed instantly. ohmy.gif

Good thing I have something else in mind for when it does hatch.

I've got one like that... I'm still thinking of a good name for her. Right now it's looking like, "I have a REALLY bad code."

No, although I've seriously considered it. I have some seriously good codes. rFIT, MOcO, KRyn, AzqI, and ZHiA have all seriously tempted me. I was on the cusp for both MOcO and ZHiA, but I had good names already lined up.

I've named one after a code.

"OoA" became "Shock and Awe", and I'm contemplating making "Hmaa" into "Hmm Ahh". That's a pink I accidentally picked up accidentally after abandoning another pink in hopes of a second V-Day egg, so it may be named after that instead.

I have named two of my dragons after their codes. MagicDebug, my white female, has the code Dbug. ShadeSeeker, my male vine, has the code SEkR.

I've got some great codes in my brood... dzzy, 5jew, pity, bg4O (the big 4-O), run3, ozie, aakn, vppp, irim, sugs, iddo, tia2 ...

However, I name my all of babies in French, with a common prefix of "Heart of". Even with those priceless codes, I just couldn't seem to name them by code and still fit in the theme.

Until this week...

I was gifted an alt vine, code: syke.

The breeder and I repeatedly joked about what prank syke might pull, such as hatching alt, but growing up regular... or choosing to be female, but growing up male...

She is named Coeur de sottise (Heart of mischief).

I have two dragons named after the code. One is a frozen water hatch (F), whose code is vuzb and name Vuzb (I thought it's the perfect cute name for a frozen hatchling which I won't be needing in breeding, because he isn't CB). The other is an adult guardian (M) and his code is Suob and name (suprise suprise) Suob.

I've done it a couple of times.

Vadac(Male Split)Vdac

Xylari(Femle pink)Xoyt

There is a few more I think, but I cannot be bothered to look at this moment.

Lol, I haven't yet, but I have an egg with the code MSLI and I immediately thought of Muesli... So tempted to call him/her that.

I've done it once, but it wasn't one of mine dragons who had the code I name it from, it was one I saw in AP.

I can't remember the code, but it's Yuiz I've named after one code.

I do it for my vines.

Unfortunately, my last two male vines have the codes cn4w and k7vz and I can't think of any cool names based on that.

I was tempted to name Hadu to "hadúr" which m eans "warlord".... but it was a white so I couldn't do it.

GoRY my one frill became Gory McFrillface.

ltye my paper looked like slightly, so it's Slightly Used Toilet Paper.

FVol my frozen red became Firefighting Volunteer.

mtAR my frozen magi is Martyr of Frozen Childhood.

My water just bred three eggs, the one I kept sqap (caps messed) reminds me of soap so I'll probably name something to that effect.

xd.png I have a few named after their codes:

White with the code aMAr, gendered female so she became Amarria

Guardian with hAXd is I R 1337 DR4GUN, and her mate, with the code AhOK is If You Say So Dear

I've a female skywing named Messed Up In The Head because her code is highly lewd in my mind. Poor skywing xd.png

I have a frilled dragon with the code "APUZ" (not sure of the capitalization on it) but since I toyed with the idea of naming him Ana's Puzzle I decided that I didn't like the sound of it and named him Ana's Conundrum (which is, of course, a synonym for puzzle) instead.

My frill with the code cnsr (caps changed) gendered today, so he is now officially Horatio Prude the TV Censor. smile.gif

I've done it at least 3 times.

The skywing with the code 37us became Skies of Nebraska--Nebraska is the 37th state in America.

The black with the code eFiB became Nightmare's Little Liar--her sire is Blackened Nightmare.

And the seasonal with the code WnRR became Bright Winter's Winner.

Hubby and I swore that we should've made the youngest name her black with the code 2CAN "Sam" or something. Instead she named him Blacker than Black of Rubies. biggrin.gif

I named one of my winters (Frozen Sea) after his code sa1l, because the code was like Sail, so I needed to do something to do with saying.

My stone egg has a code of Mimx, so I might do a play on that. xd.png