notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I have. Can't remember which draggies I've done it with, but I'm pretty sure I've done it. And I know for a fact that I'm ashamed that I forgot about one of my best codes when I named the dragon with it. It's code was 'Supr'--I froze it and named it 'Pock'. *headdesks*

In the past few days I've gotten some good ones to work with (all caps removed) - d1or, odde, wace (wacky?), must, and gpsy.

One of my little black dragons had the code "c3nt" so I named him Pocket Change.

3 times, so far.

Jirquese (code jRQS)

Uwgu (code uWgu)

Pydepv (named after parent's codes pybb and d3pv)* note: caps messed on these codes only.

I made these coded names:

My silver w/ the code "frys" = Phillip J. Fry

My vine w/ the code "TBA1" = To Be Announced

My so far only alt vine has the code pixi. If it had been female, I'd have named it Pixi or Pixie. Instead, I named it Pixilated Vine. I recently mated it with a white named Dizzy Twilight. I think they are a permanent couple. Their names just go together so well!

Edited to add that I have a red with the code lyGt. I named it Crimson Lyght. And a mint with the code genx named Generation X-citemint. I also have a couple now that I might do something with.

Edited by mamaotter

My most current "code name" (and favorite so far) is :

Jess Kyd'N (code= kydn)

bonus* it's a weather dragon! biggrin.gif lol!

I use the codes for almost all of mine!

diKP=Dikip

srEU=Sereu

HAm4=Hamfir

YHmu=Yehmu

mAF4=Maffir

qvgp=Qivip

VQj1=Vaqiji

wsHz=Washiiz

pEVd=Pevod

1FPW=Ichifei (this one gave me trouble....ichi=1 in japanese, dropped the p and w)

t2Sm=Titusom

4AiA=Firaia

only three of mine weren't named like this xd.png;

I normally don't do code naming but there is a paper egg on my scroll right now with a code that I'll definitely be using when naming it! xd.png

My roommate named his Split

"Galleon and Frigate" (poor dear had to ask me how to spell them :/) after he got the code Sh1p (caps edited)

His girlfriends sister was going to name one of her dragons Guardian's luwx (pronounced lucks) but mistyped it, opps! Code was Luwx(caps edited). She named another one in Spanish because it's code made her think it needed to be spanish named (Acar).

Sh1p - Galleon and Frigate

Luwx - Guardian's Luxw

Acar - Guardar en su Cama

1gin = drunk as a skunk

nzst = greenstone kiwi (after the famous NZ jade stone/greenstone)

ymak = old macdonald

vwgo - not a boy called Viggo (it's a girl and anyway, viggo is taken, unsurprisingly)

I don't very often name after code though, unless it particularly stands out.

cCoy became Coy'al

g2Rm became Get a Room

NANw baceme W'nan

ceut became Ceutie

I have a few others. I collect fun codes. I just caught beer (wrong caps.) I also have oKay and YYuk and Lil1 that I haven't named. I managed to breed a fun code this morning qpup (also wrong caps.)

I've pretty much only done it once, but I will be doing it again soon. biggrin.gif

Avie's Kim = Ki9m (the mothers name is Avie).

I really hope my winter egg with the code: FEMM turns into a female! xd.png

I have a couple that are named based on their codes like:

Ecri (code ecRi)

Ochen Zloe (code zLOe)

Ayayai (code AYAy)

Peakoni (code PKoN)

Envigi (code NVGi)

Smyggi (code 5mYG)

Happi (code HApy)

...and several(as in many) others xd.png Actually, kind to think of it, I do it pretty often. Most of my naming is -at least- losely based on the code somewhere somehow.

I also have some that are named in response to their codes (like a silver with the code PUKE was named The Result of Indigestion), but we won't talk about them as they're likely material for the 'badly named dragons' thread. *hides her badly named dragons* laugh.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

Nearly all of my dragons has a name based on the corresponding code.

Even Lunastra, whose code is mhXD. In my head, MH = Monster Hunter. xd.png is an emoticon I use often. Lunastra is a boss monster in Monster Hunter, and quite a lot of fun to fight. I thought her name was appropriate while still fitting in with the naming.

The only exceptions are Teo Teskator Jr and Nana Teskatory Jr. But that's because their parents are Lunastra and Teostra; their Japanese names are Nana Teskatory and Teo Teskator, respectively.

Edited by Lythiaren

Oh, yes, I have: smile.gif

sAuX - Zaux

GyHr - Gryho

RyPP - Midnight Ripper

sZQc - Zevs(Zeus). Don't ask how I saw that name in the code. xd.png

I also happen to have a dragon with the code 6Ydi, and I have this urge to name her Jedi (as in star wars) or something like that. xd.png

I'm doing it more and more often now that I'm starting to run out of names. It's a lot of fun! Here are a few dragons that I've named after their codes and/or were inspired by them in some way:

jamy - Jamy of the Starless Night

Mhic - Mhical Snowhallow

hUuu - Hugh Otonio

ZayC - Zaycee & Zaira (split)

XAxU - Xaxu Verdi

BUPA - Bupalos

In other cases where the code isn't as feasible for a name, I'll try to find a name that at least starts with the same first letter as the code, or else a name that somehow incorporates elements of the code. It saves me a lot of trouble of coming up with names from scratch. wink.gif

I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will eventually (currently have one live hatchling. Sad, isn't it?).

I have a couple whose names are loosely based on their codes. For instance, the Magi 3go3 is Power of 3. There are others, but some may only make sense to me. lol

No, but I've kept eggs entirely based on code.

My pink is Dmpl=Dimple. It was too cute not to keep even though I could have just traded for a pink er hatchling.

I tend to use some of the letters from their codes from time to time if I'm feeling a block on what to name them.