notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EVERY SINGLE DRAGON.

Just look at them xd.png I take the code, turn numbers into letters, and make it pronounceable-ish (In my head at least wink.gif). Ta-dah, my dragon has a name!

Sometimes, I have a naming pattern to follow, and so I follow that. However, I often use the dragon's code-name anyway as the 'unique' part of the name. (For instance, a Falconiform stair has all the dragons named '____ite Amberflame'. The ___ part in my dragons is taken from the code.)

I do the same thing!! Especially for CBs when I had no other good ideas...

Some of my most obvious ones:

Dr1AN = Doctor Ian

SzuRA = Festive Szura (2G from a Winter Magi)

zuan = Golden Zuan (a gold)

vIMaJ = Vimaj

MEXly = Mexly

BaHki = Bahki Kikura (the Kikura comes from the mother)

T3gHr = Teghr

jiZaO = Jizao

and tons of others that are vaguely pronounceable embellished versions of what the codes sort of look like wink.gif

Let's See...

xXMAU- xXMauXx

JrJEe- Junior Jee

raith- Raith

tim5v- Tim Timiny (Full name is Tim Timiny Tim Timiny Tim Tim Tiroo) biggrin.gif

I had a magi that I gifted before I read the code... the code was phot0. I should have kept it and named her Selfie Queen biggrin.gif

Edited by MiniatureCowgirl

A boy named Jori http://dragcave.net/view/jori5

I influenced it female and he rebelled so I punished him for it lol. yes i took it from a boy named sue ( for those old enough to remember)

Oh I have a magi named "LazeE magi yet most used" as well http://dragcave.net/view/IaZeE

I also have one named Rick my m8 http://dragcave.net/view/rCKM8

Rickard was my dads name and he was my best friend ( mate) so I honored him in my little way. Normally I get rid of my dragon's offspring

HeHasI http://dragcave.net/view/EHasI

I'm also going through and naming them. so will probably post again after I'm done

Edited by KuroYukia

Uh huh got a few...

Pink dragon, code Jmiri: named it Jmiri (pronounced Jay-miri...I think?)

Just felt lazy that day lol.

Both of my Heartstealers are named for their codes... Lazy Heart (mlAzY) and Luvvie Heart (uLUVO).

Kemai-keMAI

Gwigs-GwiGs

Kfc cinnamon-kfcCi

Triple B's-bBBmS

syumi-syumi

Hong kong zen-HkZeN

Pretty creative huh?

OHMYGOSH

I thought I was the only one who did this and I was always worried people would think it was weird! Here's some of my faves (code is on the left, name is on the right!):

N0mye - NomyE

nAdok - Nadok

aPyaS - Apyas

mroiU - Mroiu

2Ka1k - Tukalk

sliHs - Slihs

s0B6Q - Sobsiq

XDC5R - Sidcivar

IVPHv - Ivphiv

ocScu - Ocscu

uuTnA - Ututana

SEDDe - Sedde

OCF1M - Ocfim

znnNe - Zanenene

Pinks:

dhYNN - CB Dohyen

e45va - FourEva

JIa2m - Fairy Jam

ypTeR - Yepter

ilhbX - Lilbinx

Magma:

J0idE - Joidi

Golden Wyvrn:

JqQcj - Jaqee

i0sgI - Isogal

Albino:

keJrf- Kerloof

I name as many of my dragons as I can after their codes. Most of the time, it happens that the codes become the first letter or part of words in their name. Some, though, are special enough codes that the dragon gets it as its name. smile.gif

Examples include:

Jholly (JholY)

Leggy 9 (Lgg9i)

War on the Drops (warDp)

FedEx Delivery (FDexD)

Winter Cupcake (CukpE)

GlorYrolG (GllYG)

Marketplace Waffle (MpkWf)

Error 909 Not Found (eNrr9)

And sometimes I name them after their code just because it is an interesting/fun code (though I'll change the upper/lowercasing of a letter to make it fit with the word). Such as:

TvatT

Z'ajia (ZAjiA)

Oziok (OZI0k)

0bbAA

Z'Keai (zKeAi)

Her Pi (heRPI)

Aagem (Thuwed) (aaGeM)

Oo Mi 2 (0oM2i)

RIVAE

I named my gold with to code orPgy just that. I wanted to take the P out so bad but *sigh* So it goes.

I used to give my dragons Latin words as names, then after finding that harder and harder I began work on Australian Aboriginal words. Now I pretty much do name almost exclusively based on code.

Exceptions are generally special now.

I name using codes if I don't have a better idea, or if they're name-like enough that I want to keep it. But only CB dragons; with lineaged ones I happily draw on their parents' names.

My CB trios (that being nearly all of them) are named using their codes, though now that I'm actively using them in lineages I hope to come up with something better. I'll probably name the Anagallis, Gemshard, and Spirit Wards something code-based just to have names on them at all. The Glaucus drakes use their code as the base for their individual names, but garbled enough that it may not show. Blue-Banded, Brute, Trihorn, Gilded Bloodscale, Hooktalon, frozen Vine hatchies... like the Glaucus, all CBs have a family name and then a code-derived personal name.

Yeah, I wish I was more creative, and someday I hope to rename a bunch of those, but I have a really hard time naming CBs. dry.gif

Pinks:

dhYNN - CB Dohyen

e45va - FourEva

JIa2m - Fairy Jam

ypTeR - Yepter

ilhbX - Lilbinx

Magma:

J0idE - Joidi

Golden Wyvrn:

JqQcj - Jaqee

i0sgI - Isogal

Albino:

keJrf- Kerloof

adding to my list, some of these I missed, some are new

Magi:

a1i52 - Aluring Ali

Reds:

casVh - Cash Forge

OJAls - O'Jals

Glaucus:

R6nKK - CB Ryken

Pink:

2MmTX - Tometex

Edited by Kiya_Felixea

I can't believe I just stumbled on this again lol.

I almost always name my drags after their code now, partially because it's amusing to see my own little names, and plus the chances are slim that anyone else has the name.

I often name my dragons based on their code. In some cases it's a temporary name - for dragons that don't have a mate and aren't a part of any specific lineage. But sometimes I like that name, so I keep it.

I just went through and renamed all my frozen white hatchies. I use them to help break up the dragon breeds on my scroll and later on, to break up certain lineages. So they all have their name, and then the breed they are a "messenger" for.

L7XoT - Xlott -Xenowyrm Messenger

uNw88 - Nuwaite- Black Dragon Messenger

uZ1px - Zupix- Nebula Messenger

wIvkl - Wivikil- Lunar Herald Messenger

JHOKi - Jhoki- Horse Dragon Messenger (he just had such a good code. perfect for horse dragons. Jhoki the Jockey)

LniBh - Linbih- Black Tea Messenger

oRh2u - Rhotoo- Hellfire Messenger

ZuHfx - Zufix- Spirit Ward Messenger

K4cZQ - Kazico- Sunrise-Sunset Messenger

qeQgl - Queqgal- Duotone Messender

9bcKj - Jbeck- Anagallis Messenger

yffcu - Yuffu- Vampire Messenger

HDRQK - Hadroq- Purple Messenger

h7h70- TwoH Two7 O- Magi Messenger (personally, my favorite lol)