notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have done it at least twice.

Lex Luthor with code nLex.

Elvsia with EVIS. xd.png (Although, I manage to misspell the name. >.< Was suppose to be a another I in the name.)

Hmm...I've got one hatchling with the code wXyz... Thinking of naming this one Alpha Beta...or something along that line! smile.gif

So far I only have eggs, so I haven't actually named any of them yet.

But I have a couple codes that are pretty cool for naming purposes.

NAIR- will be Naira if female, Naireo if male.

J8wn- Will probably be Jatewynn.

CwDk- Chadwick, if male. smile.gif

Had a white hatchling with code wiec, she gendered female, so I named her Wieca.

ohmigosh

I have a dragon with the code T4TU and I would LOVE it if I could change her name to that... "Tea for Two" hahahahaha

idk why I like it so much but I do. I was hunting and picked up an egg with the code of uggo. caps taken out of course.

I have a cb female vine named after her code (97LS) Little Red Corvette. I've been trying to find her a mate. Found one today! A male cb vine w/a code of WFFN, which reminded me of a radio station. So after I verified that they liked each other, I named him WFFN Satellite Radio!

There has only been one dragon that I have tried to name in line with its code. It was a Purple dragon with the code KALz.

Named her: Kali Zee

There was a green egg amid the wall of green and black yesterday. The poor little thing's code was hOPE.

OMG my new Valentine's Day hatchie's code is HopE and I named it Harrison's Hope! How cool.

Yopp: Yopp

DAWG: Dawg-

The first one is the code, and the second is the name, if you couldn't tell. xd.png

I woulda named it UGA go dawgs

One of my frills code was BBLF. so i named him Be Back Later Foo huh.gif

i also have a water hatchling with the code SPEW so i named him Spew Your Guts Out. My sister recently did a report on bulimia tongue.gif

I've only done it a couple times, but I plan to do more in the future if I find interesting codes.

tOoy - Toy

past - Historical

tEaM - Teams

FlKr - Flikers

The dragon's since been released, but I once had a female whose code was irjW, so I named her Irjwdd. biggrin.gif

I do it all the time. Every dragon that was not bred by me and is not part of my pure-black project is named after their code.

A lot of times ^^ Cause sometimes I can't think of anything,

but sometimes its also because I find the code unique

I've got:

HuGG - The Fearsome Abominable SnoHuGG

TuNA - Do not mix with peanut butter

I HAD hw4y, but I lost him. i was gonna name him "life is a highway" after that catchy counting crows song sad.gif

DVNO = My valentine's dragon. I named it Pretty Young Thing, in honor of a song by a band called Justice where they mention PYT, a michael jackson song, who also have a song called DVNO.

I just named my Valentine "Vhentu," based on her code: Vntu. I just liked it. My husband has a pretty set pattern for his names-- ie, all his Winters have Celtic names that start with B-- but one's code was EcPZ, so he named her "Easy Peasy." Couldn't resist. wink.gif

I really don't name based on code. Sometimes if a friend does me a favor, I'll name an adult after them (my only example is my Primus Bloodnightmare). I just make up my names or name them after something that relates to their descriptions (like types of clouds for the Grey dragon.

I did have the intent to name a dragon based on code...(my gold with the code of shOy) but I forgot to when the time came.