notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,973 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know if anyone else watched Outlaw Star, But my Yulebuck has the code 3XGP, so I named him OutlawStar. xd.png

I just named my newest ungen Silver, PQ Database Esquire after it's code PQDB (caps changed). Now watch it gender female with the luck I have laugh.gif

I did this with the first dragon I ever had, years ago on an account I don't remember.

I thought it named the dragons for you for some reason and that mine had been

named "Sypb". Now I realised that that was the code, and with my current account,

I named a dragon Sypb on purpose. xd.png

I don't pay attention to the code when I name my dragons. For instance, I had a hatchling with the code 'tank'. I named it 'Tumblefluff'.

...'Course, it's not like I could take a white dragon seriously with a name like Tank. wink.gif

I was going to twice, but I forgot both times.... And then I was going to name one of their siblings with that cod, but I forgot again. xP

Only a few of my Dragons are named after their codes.

Xebi - Witchchild Xebi (named after her parents and her code)

KFCy - Chicken Bone

8win - I'm Sorry I Ate Your Win

nYPD - NYPD

That last code was just too funny to change.

Yup. My most recent one has the code YrU1... So the name is Why Are You One.

Some others have names influenced by the codes (like what letters are in the name) But I couldn't let YrU1 have any other name than the one it has now tongue.gif

I have a few

LFBU = Leafbuck

bEIL = Beilie

Op4n = Heart Wide Open

tuxK = Tuxedo Kamen

D5pR = Despayre

SlCe = Rock Cut

pwrL = Prowlene

mAzt = Ship's Mast

I play with the code when I'm not feeling creative.

My first Geode egg that I bred yesterday has the code "PTOR". I'm trying to think up something to go with it.

I'll probably just name it "Peter of the Eldunari" haha. Unless it's a girl. Then Ptoria? haha.

I bred a water dragon and got an egg with the code 'Lamy' which made me laugh. I had to abandon it though since I had too many eggs, and whoever got it let it die T.T

All mourn the loss of Lamy, the egg that needed no name.

How can you name a dragon if it has a naughty code name??? Someone got the code fcck I'm sure they are not going to incorporate that one into the name...

I haven't, but looking at some of the creative names I've seen here today it's something I might try if I was stumped for a name. Thanks for the idea wink.gif

I've got a few that are named completely or partially based off their codes. One of my storms dragons code is nAmO (or something to that effect), so I named him Namo. I really like it for some reason.. haha.

He's not my only one, but he's the one that stands out in my mind.

XWHO - Tuntematon Sotilas (the Unknown Soldier, a well-known Finnish war novel from the 50s)

anyu - Anya, a friend's roleplay character. Should it have gendered male, I would've named it Anyu.

not yet. i haven't really had any usable codes yet

that or im just not creative enough xd.png

but, i have just got a silver egg with a code arab (caps messed up) that i was thinking of naming it after something arabic.

I just picked up a water egg with the code FYoi

I'm deciding between For Your- oi that's mine! and For Your Oinformation

hmmmm maybe even just FYoi would be ok xd.png

I also once had a dragon with the code puus, but I forgot about that when I named him...

Once. The dragon is DN*a so I named her "Dezoxiribonukleinsav" which is the Hungarian word for DNA. smile.gif

I've often named on codes.

PeEP- for a Pebble was named Peeping Pebble

BkeS- for a gold - Became Golden Harley Biker

ji3g- for a gold became Triple Golden Jig (very fitting as there was 3 gold eggs in that clutch and one red.)

PwtL- for a geode- Pweter

Etai- for a frill- Etai

I have a geode with the code UfOs which I intend to use as well