notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a few times ... but i don't really keep track... but there are 2 i did on purpose.

Ly9n - Lynn

Qx7f - Quistis - this one is a long stretch... but it made me think of final fantasy and what was the coolest name i could think of that began with a Q.

I've done it quite often. laugh.gif

TOrU - Soaru (the pronounciation's identical)

RsnG - Rosange

WQrh - Weiqueth

eD8L - Edithe

abEa - Abeena

vsrE - Versree

ZYNI - Zyneel

JmqO - Jemmie

NNAv - Elenav

P9VJ - Pivej

dLWJ - Delwu

ApOd - Apodina

Edited for apparently not knowing how to spell "identical". sleep.gif

Edited by lilyice

I haven't had any interesting codes yet, but if I do - I'll definitely try to use it in a name.

I got a black dragon with a code diet (caps removed) and though I try to avoid too silly names, especially if the dragon’s parents have good names, I just couldn’t resist naming the dragon Diet is Die With a ‘T. Though I kind of messed the name, it was supposed to be Diet is Die with a ‘T’, but oh well… ninja.gif

I've done it twice now, Wmhp (caps messed) became William's Hope(gendered female)

I was gifted an Autumn who's male parent was named Eady. I named the Autumn Eady's Gift because he was. His first winter egg's code was ediz, had to name it Eady's Legacy.

I waited until all participants were grown to add to this thread.

dtwrites

I only did once, code was MMRS and I named him ThnksFrThMmrs after the Fall Out Boy song. The father even had Pete Wentz's initials in his code.

My brother has a dragon with the code ojhn, and I keep trying to persuade him to call it OH JOHN RINGO NO, but he says that's stupid. laugh.gif

I've never named my dragons after their code (not that I have that many yet), because I've got a naming system in place. I do try to look for names that use similar letters as the code, but if that doesn't work out, I go for the naming system over the code. If I did get a funny code, it'd be very, very tempting to be silly, but so far that hasn't happened.

I have!

OFQU - PessiMistic Sort (with a code like that, I had to give it the name PMS)

SMXC - (Smexy) Right Said Fred

NEMU - Kurotsuchi Nemu (Bleach character)

NVRV - Snowbird (Because only snowbirds drive RV's in Nevada)

L4MR - (Lamer) Wannabe

2BIG - (Female) Hello Dolly (After Dolly Parton, but I didn't want her reported xd.png )

AAFK - Be Right Back

SHUG - Sugar Sugar

NF7I - Infinity (I'm wierd enough to see that in the code)

SK8R - Elissa Steamer (female skateboarder)

None of mine are based on the codes. They're based on Morosian names.

Lihhetho, Shaada, Vyene, Syndre, Loevhalei, Borianena, Sowempai, Kytdo. All of them are Morosian. Some time soon, I'll probably name them after the codes if I find an appropriate Morosian word... :]

ok, I need the help of the code-namers. I have 3 hatchlings, and all of their codes are perfect for naming, I just don't have any ideas. What do yall think? (all code's caps have been messed with)

ungendered split hatchling: HYSE

ungendered split hatchling: RRWC

ungendered skywing hatchling: OYVA

Thanks happy.gif

Haha, I'm going to name bLog something about a blog. ;D I can't wait. She's hidden right now (feminine because about 85% of my dragons turn out to be girls) so. x3

All but my first four are named this way. xd.png

Some notable examples are Reaf (reaf), Ilyqila (1ly1), and Jarx (j4rx).

bolt was the code of one of my Magi, so I named him Bolt. smile.gif I named a couple of mine after the codes, but none of them formed words like "bolt". Though, now that I look, I did breed an egg with the code cUSS. biggrin.gif

I've name a few more since my last post here. It's just too fun using the codes sometimes, lol.

A green dino, code: AmQc Named: Kerr'Amerquec

A regular black, code: zjm2 Named: Kerr'Zimmery

A black alt, code: unej Named: Kerr's Altu'Nejori (incorporated both code and parts of the parents names into its name, and also the word "alt", kinda a signature thing now, all alts have to have the word alt in their name on my scroll, lol)

Ravi- Little Ravi

iFoX- Lady Vixen

MAry- Maria Luna

EMKj- -Emma- (after my friend Emma, EMK is her initials..)

That's it..yeah. biggrin.gif

My dragons are all named in foreign languages. The surname for my vines is Zelena, or Zelen (depending on gender).

I got a vine that had the code Maca.

If it were a girl, I would freeze it and name it Maca Zelena. If it were a boy, I would let it grow up and name it something else. Lucky me, Maca is a girl!

I picked up an emergency red egg yesterday with the code RBY2 - am hoping that this hatchling genders female so that she can have Ruby in the name somewhere. Susie was kind enough to gender properly, but my luck today hasn't been so great.