notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't been able to name her yet, but I have a Ridiculous lineage dragon with the code jurZ. I was thinking I'd name her Ridiculous Jersey Girl. (When I get my actions back, that is! xd.png) Edited by MindsEye

I haven't named any after codes, mostly due to how almost none of them resemble decent names. Though I do have one with the code TmeU. It always makes me think of this random phrase from a show, "To me, to you" or something. o_O I don't like that code interpretation much though, so I won't be naming it that.

Edited by Hylian Dragon

I might start being more aware of this and acting on it, but the fun stuff I see in codes tends to be acronyms, like MCAT or OBGYN. xd.png So . . . it's probable that I'll just stick to my extant naming scheme.

hmmmmmm that's an interesting idea,would someone mind telling me how to go about doing that please biggrin.gif

I'm afraid that I'm guilty of NOT naming my dragons based on code. I really don't remember to do so by the time I name them.

I never really looked at codes until I was on here. Haven't named any of my dragons after their codes yet but I'm thinking about naming my winter with the code PoEM, Winter Poem. smile.gif

I haven't named based on code yet, but I have a skywing egg with 4FoG for it's code, so I'll probably name it something like 'Foggor' or '404 Fogged Error' (because I got it during lagcave and such).

i got tired of thinking up random names, so i started using their codes as base for names, so far im guilty of more than a few named after their codes. my victims are:

Lovely Jexa (code JxO7)

Iuhta (code iUHt)

Bozai (code boZI)

Nessis (code n5lS)

Alken (code eJk3)

Raax (code rAAX)

Eiliel (code 3i3L)

Zajier (code ZJ1R)

Yellow Juek (code jUek)

Weao (code w34o)

Lovely Sins(code siN2)

Icebound Xas(code vXaS)

Icebound Ribbons (code RbZi)

Icebound Gwynfei (code wGfe)

Icebound Tecopa (code 7KOp)

Icebound Evyern (code evym)

My very first geode gendered during the lag-- it's a boy. His code is Amie, though, and I *really* liked it, so... I have a boy named Amie. smile.gif

I did this for the first time, recently. I picked up a pebble with the code AsyS. I named it As Is. Which is a little appropriate, actually, because I was gunning for a male but probably would have hung onto if it were female (or, accepted it "as is"). It gendered male, though. Now I just have to wait and see if it'll mate with my female.

My guardian hatchling has the code EHVY, so I named him (you guessed it) Ehvy. It would have been better if he were a girl, but it was too good a code to pass up.

My 1st 2 CB's since the lag ended:

- CB Guardian named: Harlequin's Desire (code hqr1)

- CB Red named: Extreme Violence (code xvuh)

And the neat thing about the names is whether they gender male or female, the names are unisex.

I have an adult magi with the code Mboy (thankfully its a boy) and I'm trying to come up with a good name to compliment the code.

I have my own naming system, so I don't give them a name, which is based on their code smile.gif

I have an adult magi with the code Mboy (thankfully its a boy) and I'm trying to come up with a good name to compliment the code.

How about "Mmmmm Boy"

The mother of my gold's code is "b8TJ" and her name is "A bee ate TJ." I suggested it to her own when I saw the code and it was so funny that she used the name! I'm going to name the baby, "Mommy, a bee ate TJ."

I just bred a geode with the code of O07Q (007's Q) so I'm trying to figure out a name that goes with my theme and is James Bond-ish.

Any help would be appreciated, but the name has to end with Vugg since that's my geode name theme. (Nifty info: A Vugg is a gas-filled hole in an igneous rock. The can later be filled with crystals from fluids passing through and then become geodes)

I just bred a geode with the code of O07Q (007's Q) so I'm trying to figure out a name that goes with my theme and is James Bond-ish.

Any help would be appreciated, but the name has to end with Vugg since that's my geode name theme. (Nifty info: A Vugg is a gas-filled hole in an igneous rock. The can later be filled with crystals from fluids passing through and then become geodes)

Agent Vugg?

I've only named one after it's code. It's my male split, and I think the code was something like "gjui", so I just rearranged two letters and named it "Guji".

I don't remember the code exactly, but I know I didn't add/remove an single letter, just changed the order of them.