notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A friend has an egg with the code Karl (caps altered). It is a CB black-- they were going to release it to the AP (were playing the alt.black lotto), but I told them to hang onto it for now, just in case. Never know if someone might want Karl the Dragon!

~T.

My two caveborn frills:

beII: Alexander Graham Bell

9nbc: Brian Williams (news anchor for the NBC Nightly News)

However, there have been other times when I've meant to. DmWt is one. I had meant to include "Dimwit" in the name, but I forgot.

Yep, I've done it once.

Jinc= Jinc

Lol. Really ironic. Code not altered at all. happy.gif

A black hatchling I got off the abandoned page- Volt SHREDDER. Code: vlt3. -and one of the parents had the name SHREDDER-.

I have a stone hatchie with avra. If it's a girl, it's Ise Avra. (I use the Ise for all my dragons).

And a guardian egg w/ 7eko. Ise Zeko, it it's a boy.

phXX = Winter Phoenix Snowflake

My favorite is the code for a female frill I picked up at the cave. Her code was 'lily' so I named her LilyFrills.

Edited by Sandispinsin2009

I usually don't but my little blue yoshi's code was E8Hm, so I had to name him Ate Him. biggrin.gif It was just too cute.

Not usually but I did have an autumn dragon code with the code blZg who I named Blazing Leaves, and a black called edVR who I named Edvard.

I had another dragon with the code SCRO who I thought about giving a name referring to my Scroll, but it gendered wrong so I traded it. If it was a paper I would have kept it just for the code. :-)

Edited by tjekan

I voted on my housemate's behalf, since he doesn't have a forum account (Him: "Why should we BOTH have accounts? Anyway, I'm an antisocial cuss!") -- he got a vine hatchling with the code c6po, so he named it C-6PO and claims now he just needs an egg with r#d2 as a code.

ROOF = Raise the Roof 8D (I loved this code so much)

I have another white egg with the code vALe.

And I had a really cool one with the code Tuka but I forgot to name it for it's code >>;;

I've done it once. The egg code was 1BVF and I named the black hatchie (mother is a Valentine) One Black Valentine Forever. unsure.gif

I do that all the time! If I get an interesting code, I change it to fit the theme of my dragons. Some of these are hard to tell how the name even came from the code, but I did in fact use the code as inspiration for the name.

Uuseyun - use1

Hyiiff - hyif

Mizkaai- mzp8

Zinuvrais - znvs

Cortuugen - cort

Eisaii - ysay

Q'iilsiar - qlsr

Almost every one of my dragons are named based on the code xd.png

(Exceptions being stone and splits. And one christmas.)

I just sound out how it'd be. Or I reorganize the letters to sound them out. Occasionally a character is removed. For numbers I use a sound in the number or the related letter.

LuZZ = Luz

ogb3 = Ogbe

9tWn = Nitawna

zisT = Zisty

LGBK = Logbook (Yea sometimes they make words)

Some more obscure names...

nN3q = Nequin

75E4 = Sefir

G2Ro = Tiroa

C8bI = Sebi

I tend to add "th" to the end of most of my dragon's names, so they're not exactly like the code... and some may be a bit of a stretch, but were inspired by the code.

Sometimes I forget that they had a code that I could make into a name and miss out on a good opportunity.

orkh = Orkth

oY2D = Odryth

jobi = Jobith (jobi was taken:()

gDup = Hiyo Silver (Yes, it is a male silver! I couldn't resist, it was too perfect!)

THfe = Thefynth

81mv = Myvinth

hwRa = Hywrath

ETA: Replied to Fire Hazard... I was going to keep that baby, but tossed it to make room for another hatchie. I hope it sexes right and breeds lots of alts for you! happy.gif

Edited by razi

razi, I just caught a hatchling from Orkth and Jobith! If you were trading her/him, though, I'd gladly return it. x]

On topic, though, I have a paper dragon whose code is LOSR and I'm thinking up of names for it. It's too cute to waste. xd.png

I just got an egg with the code "yrly" (caps messed with) -- It's SO getting named a variation on "Ya RLY" once it hatches!

I was holding out for a geode tonight but that code was too beautiful to pass up.

One of my pebbles is now Wauz, his code is UAUZ.

And my newest magi had the code nudi and that's his name now happy.gif

I have done it...ONCE. So far. My silver had a code that was PERFECT for a name for an eastern-type dragon...zeam (caps messed). I changed it to Zee-Am.