notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a male split dragon that had the code oKTj

So i respectively named them Ok and TJ...each head has a name...i do that with all my splits. I'm a nerd!!!!

Thats the only one ive done that with tho.

I named my black dragon after its code...the code was Abby...so I named her Abby..

A chicken with the code bwuh - it was too good to be true, so the chicken is now named Bwuh, too.

I voted for couple of times, but in fact it was only the once...yesterday.

I had a code that was 5u5e, which reminded me of the name Susie, so when the little darling helpfully gendered female (yay!) she got the name Susie Somnium (the latter being the clan name).

No, I haven't because I tend to stick to something poetic or name my dragons after some Animal/Plant genera (mainly basing on the colour of the organism involved xd.png).

My gold dragon Little King had a code yumj, so I might have named him Yummy biggrin.gif

I wanted to name my pink hatchling Jerk because her code is jERK but that name was already taken, so I'm probably just not going to name her so she will keep showing up by her code.

Edited by Adustion

Yumm was named after her code of yuMm.

Blazing Muffin was originally going to have an egg based name due to its code of 3ggy.

I couldn't come up with a good name based on eggs that wasn't already taken, so it received a silly name instead.

I wanted to name my pink hatchling Jerk because her code is jERK but that name was already taken, so I'm probably just not going to name her so she will keep showing up by her code.

you could name her Nancy Jerk or Jenny Jerk or whatever...

I have my own naming system - names of mighty dragons from fantasy books and games combinated with Quenya language smile.gif

Edited by Vlad.von.Carstein

At least twice that I can think of:

joJo > Jojorab -- an emergency egg I planned on abandoning but fell in love with the code

LUxu > Cluxury -- my little chicken hatchling

I haven't in the past, but I have two hatchlings with the codes odde and d1or (reminds me of the designer Christian Dior). The caps were removed.

No, I haven't, actually. I DO sometimes tend to name the dragons after their parents, though, especially lately. So I guess you'd say I have my own system for naming. Although, I really did consider doing this at one time, for one of my black dragons who had a code that looked like the word "Jinx." I kind of thought that would be a nice name, but then I sort of forgot about it once it actually came time to name. LOL! laugh.gif

mine are

SterlingAjacx= aJCx

SterlingXxX= aXxX

FallenleaVz= eaVz

not as creative as some ,but not bad

I haven't yet, but I'm sure I will start to eventually, once I run out of names I come up with on my own.

tulipano = TLIP

Six Long Hours = SLhr

i'll fake my love for you = f8k6

four gigabyte ipod classic = ip4g

<3 i got lucky.

Some of my dragons are directly named from their code, with my suffix in front:

Selas Ryai

Selas Naia

Selas Frey

There are other dragons I have that I probably could have named based on their code, but I just didn't think of it when it was the time to name them.

These are the two I have:

Easy Lovr (gold) code=lovr

Martin the Meek (frozen black) code=meek

I bet people who get offspring from Easy Lovr think I spelled her name wrong. lol If only they'd check the code...

Havent done it yet, but Im about to name my next female white hatchie Tyla, because my white dragon code was tYLa.

~now Im worried someone else is going to name his dragon Tyla...~

EDIT: Someone already named his dragon Tyla T.T

congrats on a lovely name

Edited by Muffin**

Even though I've been naming mine in the fantasy language that I've created, I've had a couple that have had their codes incorporated into their names and in doing so, had two new words added to the language. One, a female, had the code Clei which looked like it could be part of the language. I decided it meant Lady. I now have several that have "Clei" as a part of their name. (sorry, I can't remember offhand which was first.)

The second was at the same time, an earth dragon with the code duk7. He is now named Duk Set - Lord Seven, with duk becoming the word for Lord.

rolleyes.gif

I've done it for quite few of mine, lol!

My dino is Kerr'Quinnell - code: QNE7

I have a silver name Kerradiant Jon'z - code: JONZ (pronounced Jonesy)

I just named my new alt Kerr's Maltaj Oni - code: OnIj

Also, Karrat el Kuzodd incorporated his code: Rat7

My stone I named KerroKa' Jurr, code: JURR

A black named Kerr'Khym, code: khym

I also based the name of one of my splits off of her code. Named her Kerril du'Dronett, her code is: A4nb (a foreign bee - drone is a male bee, but she gendered female, lol)

Kerre'Giurare Draku's name is also based on her code. Her name means "Swearing Dragon", her code: damU - her nickname is "Pottymouth", lol.

Kerr'Ariellian's name is somewhat based on her code, but messed up a bit. Her code is IIaa, and she has 2 i's and 2 a's in her name, just not in sequence with her code.

I've based several names on the codes

Peeb - straightforward steal. I froze this one because I thought the name suited a hatchling better than an adult.

ISP3 - I spy pie

CCCP - as that's USSR in Cyrillic I tried to think of a name that matched my naming scheme, and decided on 'Estonian Mittens'. Don't ask, you'll regret it biggrin.gif

DRMS - Patons Dream

I've been tempted so many times by cool codes but I was trying to stick to my naming scheme. I think I'm just going to abandon that idea for now, and go for the funny. tongue.gif