notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

kjeu sounds enough like a name anyway that I used it as a code. Better than anything I could have come up with.

I've just started naming based on code. It really has to jump out at me, for me to use it.

b3CD - The Music Of Christmas (2008 Christmas Dragon)

Voi7 - Vorbei (Name means 'Over' or 'Past' in German, and is a song by the band, Panik)

iVMk - Mint Milk (Mint Dragon)

Edited by SilverDragonBlood

Stone hatchling with a name that is an anagram of Loki got named after the Norse god. Silly thing gendered female and is now giving me dirty looks. Tough!

Earlier I clicked, "No, I have my own naming system," but as it happens my first frill has no parents (of course) but does have the code Ozo2. So she got named Ozo. Very convenient, that biggrin.gif

I always try to base at least the first, and if possible the first 2 letters of the name, on their code. I like having it match a bit. smile.gif

One time, I had a silver male hatchling with the code "msqd," which looks like "masquerade." I thought it would be great to give him a name like that. I tried to gift it to my friend Kelly, who also liked the idea, but it was intercepted. :[

EDIT Haha, I found him. <3 MsqD. He doesn't even have a name!

Edited by milkskate

I have a dragon (white female) with the code EDGE (it was all caps) and so I named her Moonlight's Edge.

The dragon named Cids on my scroll literally has the code "Cids". xd.png Then I accidentally abandoned one that was OZIZ and I was going to name it "ONOZES IT'S OZIZ".

The only one I can remember is my vampire, Kywu. Its code was kywu and it seemed suitable. I feel like I've based others on their code, but they don't come to mind.

Edited by miszamouse@yahoo.com

I usually check if the code has anything interesting but I have yet to name a dragon based on its code. I may later on if it conveniently fits my naming system.

Yips = Yips

Jullaia = Jull

A few of the soldiers have code-based names.

Where possible, if a dragon has an element symbol in its code, I'll use the element in the name.

UsPo = Po - Polonium

BnGd = Gd - Gadolinium

My favorites are probably:

The1 = The One Asterism To Rule Them All (I name all of my silvers after gemstone phenomena)

boxx = The Box Dragon

NOUN = Pronoun

yuqy = Yami and Yugi (it's a male split)

npAI = Artificial H2O (it's a water)

I just did, actually.

I'd snagged a chicken (quite some time ago) for somebody who'd wanted one, but unfortunately I couldn't get hold of her before it matured, as her Dad limits her puter time and uses it a lot himself as well, I'm guessing for work.

It was especially sad that she didn't get it, as she'd have loved the code, which I finally immortalized in the name: HeTJ.

Obviously, this doesn't refer to the female chicken herself, she's merely making conversation in identifying one of her creators.

Only once. Koao, my Autumn hatchling. I was planning to just name her based on the code, maybe add a few letters, but I just liked her code so much I named her what her code was. x3

I haven't had any usable codes, yet. D= But I would love to, as long as I could also use parent names...

I've done it a couple of times:

My silver Hinu - code hinu - an alternate spelling for a Native American thunder god

My black ooOlong - code ooOl - Oolong means black dragon in Chinese

How could I resist?

I did once that I can remember, my red 'Flaming Rays of Sun' who has the code RAys.

My sister has a frozen purple named 'Rikk' exactly after its code though xd.png

One of my frills has the questionable code QfuC (caps messed for protection), but since I didn't want to give it a similarly questionable name, I went for a name that would incorporate the letters in the code, and I came up with... Quentin Frillentino.

I know it's silly, but I'll admit it's one of my favorite names so far. X3

EDIT: Typo. x_o

Edited by zaefyr

I'm thinking of naming one of mine Euli. It's code is eu1i. Though I had already thought of a different name for him/her. haha.

My son's name is Kyle. He's been begging for a chicken... I caught one last night with the code 4kyl (wrong caps.) I gave it to him. I'm not sure what he'll name it though.

My frill 6pgm was named Pygmy. And yujb is Ju Ju Bees.

Once my valentine egg hatches, it's getting a nice name based on its code.