TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

the new releases are still showing up?

volcanoes are still filled with cooled lava releases

30 minutes ago, Iveolra said:

the new releases are still showing up?

volcanoes are still filled with cooled lava releases

I'm seeing normal eggs resume in the volcano, it might just have been coincidence that all 3 were the new ones.  Hopefully that means they'll be dirt common, they're so pretty so far--if the adults keep up the look I'm gonna want so many and will be so sad if they're hard to find.

They do seem to be pretty common, yeah. I got most of mine only after they started mixing. Which, I'm fine with given that I'm going to want a lot of the Volcano ones if they keep the look they have as S2s.

I only JUST finally got my 4 from the desert cause…well…even Hades Himself would probably want to book some serious shrink therapy time from going crazy even trying to get the new ones from the alpine.

Hey absolutely. Initially managed to grab two lava eggs and one measly speckled, but right now it was raining speckleds - both Alpine and Desert, and had no trouble getting five more. Hopefully this means the speckled ones are not going to be anything like rare - and that the real issue with them will be how to get the alts. Which is cool and a mystery and though I never manage to solve those, somebody here eventually will.

And thanks for the new ones, the lava one is definitely cute, and the speckled one gains cuteness as is matures.

Yay for the new release!

and many thanks to all who posted descriptions of said eggs on the first page for those of us who forgot.

Lovely new dragons. ♥

I missed the release yesterday, but got my batch all in one drop so I am happy. :)

Cheers

Seriva

1 hour ago, ealbiest said:

(...) and that the real issue with them will be how to get the alts. Which is cool and a mystery and though I never manage to solve those, somebody here eventually will.

That sums up my whole DragonCave experience! 😅

I'm definitely happy that the speckled seem to be very common (for now at least), all those alts were making me nervous.

The lava hatchies look very, very promising! I hope the adults keep those intense, almost glowy colors.

10 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

If so, then none of us will see the whole spectrum this generation, since they'll all have been caught on the first 2 days.

Well, no. They are a permanent release. If it were like that (one to each day of the week)  - so are the Gemshards.

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

Keep an eye on the notifications on your scroll. It was in there (and on the main cave page - but I dont' go there either !). Or set up an alert for news threads. What more could TJ do ?

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

Don't forget, the Monday after next weekend is April Fool's and if the chance for the upside down Mint returns many people would be forced to abandon one of their NR eggs for something they might not even get which I can't imagine would go over well.

Oops, I HAD forgotten that; I was thinking it might come early because of Easter. Catching new stuff around the Easter eggs would be a real nightmare.

The opening post is looking a little empty. Goodbye, four spotted hatchlings. o7

So four hatchlings left, and no S2 dimorphism... three adult alts??

Posted (edited)

Ooo-errr . . . spooky!  Where'd they go . . . ?

EDIT:  Could they be fogged to prevent them being able to hatch at 4 days - something like a Siyat?

Edited by LadyMadonna

19 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

Ooo-errr . . . spooky!  Where'd they go . . . ?

EDIT:  Could they be fogged to prevent them being able to hatch at 4 days - something like a Siyat?

Usually TJ would just go in and fix them after they grow up

...Well, the removal of 4 of the hatchlings certainly adds to the mystery.

So we down to three alts?

I've seen that apparently tj uses an auto generator for new releases, if this was a glitch I'm really curious how it happened xD Never seen anything like this on dc before

Maybe all a part of the weird way things have been dropping.

Hm, if it's down to 3 alts then it's possible there's one per biome and one that we don't know, maybe a bred alt with no dimorphism?

Why 3 alts ? There are (now) 4 hatchies; that's the norm.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hatchlings don't seem to have dimorphism, though... usually it'd be three hatchies if it was non-dimorphic hatchies/dimorphic adults. Still something amiss I think

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So, 2 dimorphic adults and 2 non-dimorphic s2 hatchlings?

Then again, a variety of the previous release posts have multiple identical adults and no hatchlings at all...

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thought in the past the breakdown on sprites has been:

2 dragons* - non-dimorphic s2 and adult

3 dragons - non-dimorphic s2 and dimorphic adults

4 dragons - dimorphic s2 and adults

If something is not amiss with sprites still, this would potentially mean 3 adults (my guess if that's the case - one for desert, one for alpine, one from breeding)

Here's hoping we get an answer from TJ or someone at some point

*By dragons I mean the number of new release eggs for a breed, not the amount of dragons released

Edited by ShorahNagi

22 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

Hatchlings don't seem to have dimorphism, though... usually it'd be three hatchies if it was non-dimorphic hatchies/dimorphic adults. Still something amiss I think

True to all these posts. I can't remember when we have in the past had 4, whether the S2's have ever turned out non dimorphic.... WE will find out in DAYS AND DAYS AND DAYS....  :D  (OK 2 days.)

TJ is just messing with us.

Where did the 8 dragons go? Not so many colour variants after all? What a pity! Would have loved to see so many variants ❤️

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

You could always join Dragon Cave Group on Facebook.

We announce new releases when we discover them.