TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

You could always join Dragon Cave Group on Facebook.

We announce new releases when we discover them.

Second this, there's even Discord and other options that notifies you of a new release. It's also pretty standard that a release will -usually- happen on the last 2 Saturdays of the month.

Edit: Saturday Nights leading into Sunday* (AKA Sunday Midnights)

Edited by Laugh

On 3/25/2024 at 4:09 AM, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

There are quite a lot of ways to get notified:
* Notification settings (like Pokecat posted): site, push notification AND email. The bell notification on the site shows on all pages. The bell in the top right corner will be filled if there is a notification.

* Official Discord server

* Facebook group

* Official Twitter account

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

The on-site notifications with the little bell do NOT work on iOS Safari. 

On mobile you need to add DC to your Home screen and then activate push notifications. I’m on an iPhone and it works very well. 

2 minutes ago, blah said:

On mobile you need to add DC to your Home screen and then activate push notifications. I’m on an iPhone and it works very well. 

Doesn't work for me on Android.  It works if I open my chrome browser up to do something but it won't work unless I already have chrome open and running and I don't feel like having it sitting open and running 24/7 on my phone.

I've always got my notifications through just fine on android/Firefox. Well, they open a blank tab when I try to click through to the forum post, but that's never been enough of an issue to complain about

Got all eight lavas I need; still waiting to find out how the spotties work.

I always see the little notifications bell on DC itself though I check out the forums at least once a day usually anyways.

The bell works fine for me but I'm only on desktop; I'll be caught dead before I try to hunt on my phone lol

Has there been anything said on any of the platforms about what happened with the Speckled egg hatchlings?

That aside, I've got 6 of them that I did the following actions to so we'll see if it affects the adults:

3 Alpine eggs - 2 influenced and incubated, 1 untouched

3 Desert eggs - 2 influenced and incubated, 1 untouched

Although I'm wondering now since *assuming nothings changed since I last looked at them* TJ's hatchlings are 3 males and 1 female...I wonder if we'll have Dimorphic adult Males (one alpine, one desert) and the female's the same no matter the biome. - just a thought

I've got my second batch easily this morning.  I've influenced and incubated them all but I do have four of each from Alpine and Desert.

8 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Although I'm wondering now since *assuming nothings changed since I last looked at them* TJ's hatchlings are 3 males and 1 female...I wonder if we'll have Dimorphic adult Males (one alpine, one desert) and the female's the same no matter the biome. - just a thought

If I'm remembering correctly, I think TJ's hatchlings for releases always just gender whichever way they naturally generate, and then once they become adults they get changed retroactively to be whatever they need to be to display all the sprites/forms? Might be misremembering though.

4 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Has there been anything said on any of the platforms about what happened with the Speckled egg hatchlings?

That aside, I've got 6 of them that I did the following actions to so we'll see if it affects the adults:

3 Alpine eggs - 2 influenced and incubated, 1 untouched

3 Desert eggs - 2 influenced and incubated, 1 untouched

I think TJ was saying on discord that they "never existed" which means it was probably an error in the dragon-adding system. Maybe some complication of... However this alting mechanism works.

Seel is right that TJ's just turn out how they turn out and he'll trans their genders if needed- but I think it's more likely that they're an undimorphic breed with two alts than a breed which is only dimorphic sometimes.

Given that nothing I've done seems to have affected the order of the eggs/hatchlings, and they're not sorted by biome, I think the CBs will all just end up the same and the other two sprites (whatever they may be) will come from breeding. Maybe there's a big sprite and a small sprite depending on the size of the other parent / the dragon you mate it with, or some such thing.

We don't know that there is any alting mechanism..... I hope it isn't' an incubating thing, as I have incubated all mine :) 

On 3/24/2024 at 11:09 PM, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

On the subject of notifications - I've found a method that works pretty flawlessly (for me, at least).

Like others have mentioned, you can change your site notification settings so that you're emailed when a news announcement is posted. I take this a step further, and set it up so that my phone will give a notification when I get an email. This has enabled me to jump on new releases pretty much immediately, even when I'm not expecting them. For anyone who gets a lot of emails or might not want their phone going off for everything... my solution would be to set up a new dedicated email and switch your DC account to that one. I actually wanted notifications for all of my emails, though, so I don't have a problem keeping DC on my primary email (I'm the sort of person who forgets to check their mail for weeks at a time unless something reminds me).

Granted, I love to stay on top of things, so I analyzed the timings of past releases and made a personal calendar that warns me a few days in advance of the most likely date for each monthly release (so that I have time to get things hatched). For March, I knew that we might be getting something new on the fourth Sunday of the month. It's a bit of guesswork but has been right about 90% of the time.

Just picked up my second batch of NR eggs, so it's time to sit back and watch em grow! Eager to see what the situation is with potential alts on the "nervous" hatchlings.

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We don't know that there is any alting mechanism..... I hope it isn't' an incubating thing, as I have incubated all mine :) 

We don't *know*, sure, but there needs to be a reason behind three adult spirited and the only options I can think of are "they alt" or "one of the adults is ungendered".

But no I think we can be pretty sure that it's not BSA related because they would likely have started roaming around people's scrolls like the cantors did.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's why I left 2 untouched.

I'm still hoping for a simple dimorphic look as opposed to alts (again, assuming TJ's hatchling genders are not random/got fixed..I'm hoping for different sprites between the males depending on biomes and a default color for females [ex. Alpine male is white, desert male is tan, female is a mix])

I've just caught one I shall save unincubated till I'm sure, and hope to get another - though I SHALL influence them. I am hoping (against all hope !) for simple dimorphism.

1 hour ago, Cinnamonear said:

Has someone tried EQ? 

Oh god PLEASE let it not be EQ related....

Sadly could only get one of the lave ones and none of the blue spots ones—are they still able to be found in the cave? I can’t find them when I look in the cave and I’ve been there for a literal hour :(

I managed to snag two spotties today after having missed the initial drop/flood. So they're still there.

34 minutes ago, mapleteadragonn said:

Sadly could only get one of the lave ones and none of the blue spots ones—are they still able to be found in the cave? I can’t find them when I look in the cave and I’ve been there for a literal hour :(

I just had a look at the :30 drop. Saw two Lavas, three Blue Spots in Alpine and two Blue Spots in the desert. And that was with biome hopping to check and they sat there longer than I was willing to refresh. It really helps to check the 5 minute drops. ☺️

I'm seeing them both all the time. I've actually caught loads today.

2 hours ago, _Charky said:

We don't *know*, sure, but there needs to be a reason behind three adult spirited and the only options I can think of are "they alt" or "one of the adults is ungendered".

But no I think we can be pretty sure that it's not BSA related because they would likely have started roaming around people's scrolls like the cantors did.

They WHAT ? Cantors roamed ? When and how ?

25 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They WHAT ? Cantors roamed ? When and how ?

When you use BSAs on them, since it changes their coloration and they have alts. 

But they don't move around. They're all cantors.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Cantors change color based on what BSA was performed. Teleporting a cantor egg to another scroll produces the orange variant.

Of course, if you teleport it and then precog it before it hatches, it will be the precog color variant.

Edit: Comment below mine makes more sense than mine. Sorry.

Edited by DarthDestiny07

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Rainbow sorting