TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

Got my four of each. Have to say that although the usual 'I didn't even see any eggs...'  was present at times, this drop has been the easiest for a long time.  Thank Goodness!

22 minutes ago, seventhdevil said:

The only plus of getting up at 5am for work is that I get to grab my new eggs early. Curious as to what size has to do with these releases - I thought one might be a pygmy, but they both appear standard.

Maybe one of them like mint(?)

Oh. No hatchies yet. Still working on catching some, but I'm glad the drops seem to be lasting longer. 

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Oh. No hatchies yet. Still working on catching some, but I'm glad the drops seem to be lasting longer. 

I must be unlucky, then. Went straight at 15m, refreshed, and they were already all gone.

9 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

I must be unlucky, then. Went straight at 15m, refreshed, and they were already all gone.

I mean slightly longer than they were at 12:30am. LOL.

They're permanent. So we have time.

And I have so many eggs I CANNOT drop :( Heigh ho....

1 hour ago, Charity322 said:

Not exactly related to this release, but something that I've wondered about with a few releases.

When eggs aren't available in all biomes, why do the biomes that they aren't in also run out of eggs?

To minimise the chance of a misclick in a biome that has no new eggs in.

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

My guess is that it was an error and they mentioned one of the other biomes

Ah, okay :) I'll just keep focussing on Alpine and Desert than :D

Posted (edited)

First hatchling! Cute! 😻

Aand the other one looks lovely as well. Such adorable descriptions, too. I'm excited!

Edited by Tiira

I’m sooooooo glad that it’s a permanent release cause right now at 7:05 am the lag is actually WORSE than the practically permanent lag that neopets has.Ugh. Hopefully later on in the day I’ll be able to snag some from at least one from each of the 3 biomes. I’m LOVING the look of the new eggs and can’t wait to see what the adults are going to look like. AMAZING work by the spriters.

Good morning, DC - happy hunting!

Love the new sprites... is it just me, or does the Volcano hatchling look like it has fins?

Posted (edited)

Ah, just found that I may misunderstand about the number. 8 could be 4H 4A too, means more pattern like day/night is available too. but look like all S1 is the same... interesting.

Edited by D-wing

Finally snagged one of the ones from the volcano biome and it’s surprisingly has a really cool code.

I'm at work. Can't hunt. LOL. Got 2 "lavas" and 1... the other one. ❤️

New eggs! :)

Thank you, TJ and spriters!

I'm home, which means spotty internet, but I've managed to snag two lava and one speckled so far.

Happy hunting, everyone!

57 minutes ago, Shin'a'in said:

I’m sooooooo glad that it’s a permanent release 

They all are; the only one that "wasn't" was the vampires being found in the cave,.

Thanks for the new draggies! I have caught 7 so far -- 2 volcano, 3 alpine, and 2 desert.  Guess I will try for one more desert, since there are more eggs of that variety. Will be interesting to see how those play out.

Posted (edited)

Alright, I'm almost good. Got 2 Lava eggs and 4 Alpine and 2 Desert (I want 3 and 3 but I got a little click happy in the Alpine)

For those having trouble - focus on one biome instead of jumping between [I've been trying for 2 hours to get my eggs and only now did at the hourly drop]

Now, sprite wise?

My guess on the blue egg is dimorphic s2 and adults (one for alpine, one for desert)

Edited by ShorahNagi

woohoo new eggs.
do wish release windows were longer though

yay new eggs, they look beautiful .. happy hunting

Whoa. The volcano hatchies are kinda glowy  on a dark background. 

1 hour ago, D-wing said:

Ah, just found that I may misunderstand about the number. 8 could be 4H 4A too, means more pattern like day/night is available too. but look like all S1 is the same... interesting.

That would be like the nebulas--all the S1 are the same and you have to wait to S2 to find out what color (I finally completed a breeding goal with green nebula x black ... can't even begin to tell how many times I got purples).

Just now, Maia NaViolith said:

That would be like the nebulas--all the S1 are the same and you have to wait to S2 to find out what color (I finally completed a breeding goal with green nebula x black ... can't even begin to tell how many times I got purples).

Hm, if they're like Nebulas or Flare-Tails, then you'd be able to tell what color they'll be at s1 by using breed sort and seeing where they fall.

The second dragon is nervous around bigger dragons. Maybe it has a BSA to make itself appear larger, like a frilled lizard, and that's what the extra sprite per biome is for (instead of dimorphism)

5 minutes ago, tjekan said:

The second dragon is nervous around bigger dragons. Maybe it has a BSA to make itself appear larger, like a frilled lizard, and that's what the extra sprite per biome is for (instead of dimorphism)

Oh, that would be so cute!