TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

52 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

Where did the 8 dragons go? Not so many colour variants after all? What a pity! Would have loved to see so many variants ❤️

Have to say I really enjoy the simpler releases though. I love the astraels but I still haven't caught up on them and their nine variants yet. Some of my favorite breeds are the ones with one or two adult forms that are really striking, match a lot of other breeds I like and are easy to build in checkers. Not everything needs to be a rainbow to be cool 🙂

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

You could always join Dragon Cave Group on Facebook.

We announce new releases when we discover them.

That's only useful for people who use facebook, though.  Plenty of people don't touch it or even have an account.

Same could be said about any off-site group.

13 minutes ago, KageSora said:

That's only useful for people who use facebook, though.  Plenty of people don't touch it or even have an account.

That would include me ! UGH.

13 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Same could be said about any off-site group.

Indeed. But there IS a notification on the main cave page for a new news post - and it specifically mentions the new release - and it DOES show up in your notifications (when the little bell is filled in) - not to mention that anyone with a forum account can set up an alert for new news posts. I don't know what more anyone could reasonably expect TJ to do.

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

Have to say I really enjoy the simpler releases though. I love the astraels but I still haven't caught up on them and their nine variants yet. Some of my favorite breeds are the ones with one or two adult forms that are really striking, match a lot of other breeds I like and are easy to build in checkers. Not everything needs to be a rainbow to be cool 🙂

TOTALLY agree. It is very tiring trying to build nebula checkers as it is.... 

At the very least I prefer alts or variants we can control rather than the random ones.  Less headache for breeding!

14 hours ago, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

Click on little bell > cogwheel > select your desired settings.

Screenshot_20240325_131758_Chrome.jpg

I enjoy many colours :D I nabbed all Astrael colours by now, majority are CB, same goes for the Gemshards which have new sets of colours and oooh I simply love it. Sure it takes time to collect them but for me its, the more colour variants, the merrier!

Hmm, half of the hatchies have vanished?

I'm.... OK with that, honestly 🫠I like the simpler releases, and the idea of tracking down 7 alts was a wee bit overwhelming. Guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on when TJ gets adults. 

I really wish we could freeze the eggs like we’re able to do with hatchies cause the designs are always so AMAZINGLY AWESOME cause I very much honestly get a little bit 😢 at the loss of the absolutely BEAUTIFUL artwork. Maybe someday TJ’ll add the option to do so.😊

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, tjekan said:

Same exactly. I like to be able to catch up with the new stuff fast and simple!

And ofc as KageSora mentioned... better something that isnt RANDOM as well:P

Edited by Ioanna

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Indeed. But there IS a notification on the main cave page for a new news post - and it specifically mentions the new release - and it DOES show up in your notifications (when the little bell is filled in) - not to mention that anyone with a forum account can set up an alert for new news posts. I don't know what more anyone could reasonably expect TJ to do.

The on-site notifications with the little bell do NOT work on iOS Safari. 

6 hours ago, PokeCat said:

Screenshot_20240325_131758_Chrome.jpg

These on-site notifications "the little bell" do not work on iOS.  It is a limitation of some sort. They have never worked.

I didn't see the "news" section pop up, either.

Email is the only option that technically works, but I get sooooo many emails. Currently I have emails from the site set to if I win a prize and for forum PMs, and they aren't set up as emergency alerts in emails, just whenever I see them.

I wish we could have a background that would change colors whenever there was a new release. I might offer that as a suggestion in Suggestions.

Anyway I did manage to catch some of them, but I do wish the on-site notifications worked with iOS Safari.

13 minutes ago, missy_ said:

These on-site notifications "the little bell" do not work on iOS.  It is a limitation of some sort. They have never worked.

I'm confused bc I also use iOS safari and the notifications worked for me-did you mean like a pop-up of some kind? Bc for me what happens is that the bell icon on the upper right side turns from the empty white outline icon to the filled out white bell icon when there is a notification. Granted I did notice that the icon changed color at sth like, 5 minutes after the initial release but it was there! Didn't think to take screenshots but yeah... just went back to see my notifications and there it is. 

I'm not trying to be disparaging or dismissive, I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is that isn't working for you btw! 

IMG-3723.jpg

I’m primarily a mobile user on iOS Safari. my notification bell lit up when the release started. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This release has lasted for much longer than previous releases??

wow they're still dropping

6 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

But...but...but how do you live your life without it?

I mean it is such a great place to meet strangers who want your money by pretending to be princes.

I figured the event had to be last weekend or the one before, so I have been setting my alarm to go off just before midnight.

Mostly it has nothing to offer me.  I'm in contact with all the friends and family IRL that I care about, have no desire to reconnect with old classmates or distant family, the only local stuff I care about is announced via email newsletters I'm signed up for, and honestly I just prefer the circles I've built for myself over on Tumblr (and to an ever-dwindling degree, Twitter) far more than any I ever connected into on FB.

Also I refuse to use my real name or face anywhere on the 'net but that's what FB favors.

UNRELATED more on-topic:

I'm so excited to see those volcano ones grow up!  They're my favorite so far, I wish they'd been the sole release so I could have grabbed max of them XD (lets see how this holds up once they're adults!)

Yea! New dergs! I'm excited for the adults!

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, missy_ said:

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

I agree with longer releases.  I've already noted my support in the 'extend floods to 24 hours' thread.

For the rest, I've just (slowly, painfully, via several missed breeds) trained myself to glance at the sidebar where news appears at least once every time I log in.  Easiest way to find out there's a release!  It takes some work to form the habit, but once you do, no need to go to some obscure separate area for notifications or announcements, or keep up with any separate site like email - just log in, and look to the right before clicking away to my your scroll or a biome.

Edited by sorenna

At this point I just check each day on weekends unless we just had a release recently or we know when the next release is happening (like during holiday time or around the site anniversary).

for people on flight rising, releases tend to happen on the same day as a festival starts!

Posted (edited)

Lots of the NR dragons are dropping again! Volcano was full of them. Very happy since I originally missed the blue speckled egg, and I've managed to get coded ones too! :D

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

Amphiteres and Westerns? Do I have that right?

The red ones stand out. But I think I prefer the others this go round. Something somewhat horsey/deerish about them. I would like more of those. Horses, Hellhorses, Amaltheans, and the hooved Astaarus are among my very favorite dragon breeds. I'd love another horsey/deerish one. Though I could be way off base with what they'll actually look like.

12 hours ago, PokeCat said:

Thank you for this little guide! I haven't done anything about Site News notifications. Now I'll get them!