TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, DarthDestiny07 said:

Cantors change color based on what BSA was performed. Teleporting a cantor egg to another scroll produces the orange variant.

Of course, if you teleport it and then precog it before it hatches, it will be the precog color variant.

I know all that, but mine never moved spontaneously..

3 minutes ago, Metafarers said:

Rainbow sorting

THAT is a good point. I use custom sort, so I guess mine didn't dare get out of line ! They ARE sorted by colour on my scroll - but in the order I put them within each colour.

Posted (edited)

I actually just meant that they moved around among each other and displayed in an order other than the order they were created in when people used BSAs on them. I think it's even happened multiple times. We also worked out that the light saber pygmies were random because BSAs had no effect on them

Edited by _Charky

Posted (edited)

Rats!!!  Totally missed this release!!!  Are they still dropping in the Cave???

Question answered, was able to grab two 'Cooled Lava' Eggs...

And, in this update_:  I now have 5 Blue Spot and 3 Lava Eggs...  I

I'm happy...

Edited for updates...  

Edited by Husky51

On 3/25/2024 at 10:46 AM, tjekan said:

Have to say I really enjoy the simpler releases though. I love the astraels but I still haven't caught up on them and their nine variants yet. Some of my favorite breeds are the ones with one or two adult forms that are really striking, match a lot of other breeds I like and are easy to build in checkers. Not everything needs to be a rainbow to be cool 🙂

I'm a fan of the dragons with more variants personally. I was stubborn and have a bunch of Astraels btw, if you want some 2-3gs I'm happy to trade for something I'm looking for later

anyway I've been able to get all four of the lava eggs I wanted, and four of the cold deserty dragons too (think I'll get a total of 8 from the cave though, might as well just stick to double the number on TJ's scroll because why not and they're still common.)

9 minutes ago, roxasxaxel said:

I missed it, darn guess I won't get these 

Don't give up. They are still dropping fairly frequently in the cave.

I guess soon the OP's dragons are going to grow. In a few hours. I am very curious to see their adult forms hehe

I managed to grab one Spots, they're harder to grab than the Lavas were for me. Five to go!

I've got another full scroll of lavas, so I don't think anyone needs to worry about finding those. Can't speak for the spots though.

The spots are fairly easy to get too, at least I could get a few more, as the "possible alts" craze died down a little.

One more hour~

Adding our new lava babies to my personal favorites and must-hoard list. Thanks so much for these beautiful additions, Munin and HB!

Hm, no visible dimorphism between the adult males...

Spots saying "Change their size at will" looks like it might be a BSA alt like glysteres and aegis', then? That's a relief, I don't need to try catching any more 😂

Just now, _Charky said:

Spots saying "Change their size at will" looks like it might be a BSA alt like glysteres and aegis', then? That's a relief, I don't need to try catching any more 😂

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing as well, it'd make most sense

Does make me wonder if they could maybe breed with pygmies. Can't remember if that was strictly a size difference or if they're genetically incompatible.

Very nice adults!

I was SO certain they'd be called Lava... but no, Lalopias Leviathan. 😂 Very beautiful sprite, and the lineage tile looks good too!!

Delta dragons look very nice so far, I always enjoy the simpler, more classic designs. Waiting with baited breath what will happen to the other sprites...

I absolutely adore the Lalopias dragons. They are 100% lava sharks and you can't convince me otherwise

Posted (edited)

Adults are beautiful - and in very different ways! I also like the lore, on both.

But I'm completely mystified about the Deltas. The adults are all identical! ETA: even the female. So. ?!

Edited by ealbiest

Posted (edited)

The wait for the female is torture!

Edited by KageSora

YOOOOO BEAUTOFUL ADULTS

The Lalopias are my favourite because they have a huge advantage of being two things I adore, leviathans, and lava. The spritework is gorgeous, with the lighting especially good. I really like their design with the flat shovel like head and the subtle bits of blue. Amazing 10/10

Though we can't see the alt for Deltas yet I'm loving their lore and concept, such a neat idea! The full sized adult sprite that's up right now it's so lovely, a really nice pose and they look so soft and kind ❤️ Their pattern is nice too.

Thank you to spriters Munin, Kit, and JOTB :D

Hm, full identical adults--3 size options, maybe?

Very cute new adults! Too bad about not getting to collect 7 alts haha but I’m sure we’ll get our chance come May ^^

Once again we get gorgeous dragons! They're a wonderful addition to our land of dragons. 

The Lalopias is intense and dramatic with its coloring and shape. Love the fins! A dragon that can swim through earth is pretty amazing. Love the leviathans!

The Delta is what I call a "classic" dragon. I grew up reading about dragons and this is the type of dragon I always imagined, so they're special to me. The blue color will fit with so many other dragons, too. It will be interesting to find out if we actually get to see them change size! So fun.

Thank you to JOTB, Hawaiianbabidoll and Munin for these fantastic new beasties! And, of course, thank you to TJ! (And if there's an alt, please don't keep us in suspense for too long ..😄).