TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

They both look awesome!

59 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

I hoooope the Delta shrinking BSA would make them breedable to pygmy size. It would be cool.

That would make for some pretty interesting lineages!

I love both of these new dragons! the Delta especially. I can already see myself trying to breed it with the Male Mistra. They might also look good with geodes too. :)

3 hours ago, Nerei said:

The Lalopias head shape looks so familiar. Is it inspired by something? 

It is familiar indeed and I think I can point to why!

One would be the Gible family pokemon image.png.6d6ae6de73d0f0172c05d96336baa78f.png

The other, the HTTYD cloudjumper

image.png.5fc984d01a6b564c3708958123f6927a.png

At least that is what rings with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is there any actual proof that there are alts for the Delta dragons or is it just speculation because there's four adults on TJ's scroll?

49 minutes ago, blackmoonflower said:

Is there any actual proof that there are alts for the Delta dragons or is it just speculation because there's four adults on TJ's scroll?

Just speculation at this point. Won’t know more until player dragons start growing up!

17 minutes ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

I know I'm jumping the gun, but what do you think?

Hide contents

image.png.8a8eac9d22b21650e11417f026f31648.png

Gorgeous!

Kinda strange TJ has 4 of the sandy colored one and they’re all 4 the same. No dimorphism that I can tell.

Love both of these dragons, but that sandy/blue one is gorgeous. Looks a lot like the peach pied.

1 hour ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

I know I'm jumping the gun, but what do you think?

Hide contents

image.png.8a8eac9d22b21650e11417f026f31648.png

Love the contrast!

I love both sprites, and I'm already thinking of ideas for checkers. I really hope the Delta can shrink small enough to mate with pygmys.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Talisraye said:

Kinda strange TJ has 4 of the sandy colored one and they’re all 4 the same. No dimorphism that I can tell.

Happens a lot with TJs dragons if you catch them on the day of / within a few days of them growing up - they'll either gender the same or they won't alt properly, so he'll go through when he gets a chance and manually change them so that the differences are visible. 

In this case, based on the description, it might be a BSA that allows them to change size - and that's what the extra adults are for. We won't really know until we get adults ourselves or until TJ updates his to show off any other poses. 

Editing to add some thoughts so I don't double post, lol: If there IS a BSA that changes their sizes, I kinda hope that the coloring will change! The way the speckles are seem like they could be fully covered when shrunk, but mostly blue when larger - or maybe the other way around. 

Edited by Daypaw

Posted (edited)

Three of my Lalopias and two of my Deltas (I have eight in all) have over or near 1000 views and NO clicks, no matter how many times I have tried to click on them...  Is this a glitch?

All of my New Releases now have at least one 'click' each...  Thank you...

edit: spelling

2nd edit:  verification of needed initial clicks...

Edited by Husky51

I really like these two :) The face of the Delta is so cute and I like the bright palette with blue dots ❤️ And the Lalopias with its intense colors looks absolutely mean (in a very good way). Cool release \o/

I LOVE the Deltas! So classic, so Majestic. Beautiful colors. I can't wait to see the BSA. 

5 hours ago, Husky51 said:

Three of my Lalopias and two of my Deltas (I have eight in all) have over or near 1000 views and NO clicks, no matter how many times I have tried to click on them...  Is this a glitch?

All of my New Releases now have at least one 'click' each...  Thank you...

edit: spelling

2nd edit:  verification of needed initial clicks...

gave clicks to each, they all counted.

None of my NRs are adults yet, but I’m already loving the Lalopias’ hatchie sprites……. Pretty enough for freezing 🥰 

an eq'd delta grew up - i don't own one, but it was posted on discord.

Spoiler

they have a "shrink" bsa that allows them to become a pygmy. they're able to breed with pygmies and produce pygmy eggs!

after using it, the bsa goes on a 7 day cooldown and is replaced with "enlarge".

image.png.e892215565672364801a3a722ba1d8b1.png (female sprite. no male ones have grown up yet, so no way to check for dimorphism, but there should be one soon..)

image.gif.23adaf163a3bf7f8532f400d932b53bb.gif

i bet they look really nice with painted rays and glowbacks.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Dizzywing said:

an eq'd delta grew up - i don't own one, but it was posted on discord.

Reveal hidden contents

they have a "shrink" bsa that allows them to become a pygmy. they're able to breed with pygmies and produce pygmy eggs!

after using it, the bsa goes on a 7 day cooldown and is replaced with "enlarge".

image.png.e892215565672364801a3a722ba1d8b1.png (female sprite. no male ones have grown up yet, so no way to check for dimorphism, but there should be one soon..)

image.gif.23adaf163a3bf7f8532f400d932b53bb.gif

i bet they look really nice with painted rays and glowbacks.

Thank you for forwarding the news! This is super cute. :wub:

I'm at 8 Lalopias and 12 Deltas, I might stop for now..... or maybe I'll stock up on Deltas some more. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aleoleo

Oh, that pygmy delta looks so cute! Thanks for sharing!

...Well, crud.  That COMPLETELY messes with my sorting system to have a dragon that's both pygmy and not.

I have no idea how to handle that.

So, are they able to breed without using the BSA?  It just changes which dragons they can breed with?  Because that would be fascinating to mix lineages using them

19 minutes ago, KageSora said:

So, are they able to breed without using the BSA?  It just changes which dragons they can breed with?  Because that would be fascinating to mix lineages using them

yep, that's what it looks like. unless there's a catch (like lineaged ones not being able to change form.. that'd be pretty sad), it seems like we'll be able to make mixed pygmy/standard lineages

32 minutes ago, KageSora said:

...Well, crud.  That COMPLETELY messes with my sorting system to have a dragon that's both pygmy and not.

I have no idea how to handle that.

I get that (sorting...) - I shall keep them right at the end of my pygmies, and be gently irritated at times when the sizes are mixed !

As to whether to add them to this lineage.... That might REALLY annoy me if they switch..

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I get that (sorting...) - I shall keep them right at the end of my pygmies, and be gently irritated at times when the sizes are mixed !

As to whether to add them to this lineage.... That might REALLY annoy me if they switch..

It sounds like the switch is manual, but with a 7 day cool down between being allowed to change again so as long as you're careful you should be fine.

Maybe I'll keep some permanently large, some permanently small, and split them between where I sort things?  It'd only get Weird if I tried to make a mixed lineage, I might have to build in a new section and re-sort things then...  Hmm...  But maybe I won't do a lineage with them anyway.  Eh, that's a problem for future me!

This is going to be so strange...so we could make a lineage with a pygmy version, then switch it to big version? And the pymgy will have one big and one small parent in the lineage? (Or vice versa for the sizes.)

For myself I'll probably keep some for each size permanently, since I want to have all the sprites for sure.