TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

Very cool adults. Can't wait to learn how the Deltas change sizes.

I really love that classic dragon head on the Deltas, they look absolutely majestic. Can’t wait to see the alt, it’s a really neat concept. The Lalopias are also stunning, that glowing belly is beautiful. Also grinning at the idea of the hatchies learning to control the temperature and completely overcooking their food. 😂

Thank you JOTB, Munin, Hawaiianbabidoll and TJ. ☺️

Hmmm I wonder if the Deltas have a BSA for changing size?

Posted (edited)

Ah! I love them both very much. :wub: The Lalopias are legit land sharks sometimes and that is just so cool. I'm thrilled it is a Leviathan after all. We need more of those!

I'm looking forward to figuring out the Delta mechanic. It is almost certainly reliant on which partner they have last bred with (edit: or a BSA). They are very pretty and have some great lineage potential, similar to the way Wisterias match many things.

Very excited for when these grow up on my own scroll! 

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Both are such lovely and beautiful dragons ,will be adding them into my hoard list for sure ,thank you to all the creators 

Oooooh BIG fan of the Lalopias!

And looking forward to the various Delta forms too. Size changing BSA mayhaps? 👀

I love both the adults. Wonderful job spriters. Congratulations!

Thank you TJ

Very curious about changing their size at will. Great release.

Ooh wow, beautiful adults! Thank you spriters, writers and TJ!

Congratulations on another great job, spriters.

I love both of the new dragons! Definitely going to be collecting a lot of lalopias! Thank you so much to all the spriters and writers for both beautiful new dragons!

Posted (edited)

The Lalopias head shape looks so familiar. Is it inspired by something? 

Edited by Nerei

Normally, doesn't TJ at least display the alt sprites in his post even if nobody knows how to get them? It's so weird to repeat a dragon in his opening post but have it look totally the same.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Nerei said:

I severely doubt this was anyone's inspiration, but they reminded me of the salamanders from the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire pc game lmao. Just, you know, way cooler and better art. 

Spoiler

bc0c4c1ac3c6fbefe67128633353e65f.jpg

3 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Normally, doesn't TJ at least display the alt sprites in his post even if nobody knows how to get them? It's so weird to repeat a dragon in his opening post but have it look totally the same.

If the alts have to be acquired by breeding or BSA, he might have to manually apply that to his own dragons. They probably can't just grow up as alts already. I'm sure we'll see the differences later when he's actually around.

Edited by MissK.

Absolutely love the lavaiathans ❤️ and the deltas are adorable! Very smoochable noses.

43 minutes ago, Nerei said:

Possibly Diplocaulus? 500px-Diplocaulus_-_skeleton_and_model.jpg.b7f12ba74c46ce98db46d2cd7337c592.jpg

Posted (edited)

Oh both the adults are very pretty, volcano face reminds me of Toothless^^

Now since the others look all the same might it be they change their color at any specific time? Day, night perhaps, cus probably two are adults?

woops apologies, I had not read the description when I wrote that lol, so all is about size changing, huh?

Edited by Su_Halcon

Beautiful adults. Loving both of them! Thanks to TJ, the spriters, and anyone else who had a hand in bringing us these dragons.

I am guessing from the lore that the Deltas will have 3 sizes -- the default that we see now, a small one, and a larger one. A BSA sounds like the best mechanism to achieve changing size "at will" but I suppose there are other possibilities. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Lovely Dragons, thank you, spriters!

I hoooope the Delta shrinking BSA would make them breedable to pygmy size. It would be cool.

Whatever the method is to get the alts, I hope it won't be too difficult for people to obtain! I wanna make sure I have enough egg space for the next release and I don't want to have the process take a whole month to complete! LOL!

To me, it doesn't make sense to have their size change by breeding (there's more Large dragons than small ones that aren't Pygmy variants I believe)

My guess is, like the Glystere dragons or Celestials, is that they've a BSA that'll change their look to big or small but won't affect anything else.

Won't know for another few days unless someone earthquaked a few into hatching early

Ooooo Diplocaulus dragon! I love Lalopias’ unique head shape, and its color palette is beautiful! The Delta dragon is a solid little guy, I can’t wait to see its small and big forms