TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Seejey said:

Another disappointing short release.

I'd love to have more of the speckled ones, but had to settle with filling my scroll with the lava eggs.

Are the release day floods supposed to be this scarce or was there another mistake?

They've been like this for quite some time now, unfortunately :( There is a thread to extend floods to 24 hours, which would be great for timezone reasons if nothing else, and to increase the amount that drops at each interval which I'll bump here in case anyone would like to add support for that. 

3 hours ago, casprrr said:

I expected new dragons next week, not today. Still managed to get seven so far, yay!

Next week would have been a problem, as we all would have had to leave an eggslot free to try to get an upside-down Mint on April 1, or have someone hold an egg so we could try.

The speckles appear to be in multiplied demand by users due to their predicted alt count.

Through three refreshes this hour (15 minutes straight) now, the Volcano has remained clogged with their new egg.

I wonder if the alts will be like pyropellis dragons! Where you have to use a bsa on them after the fact to get them to change? Or a new bsa altogether that transforms an individual- like glysteres.

This has been a difficult release for me. I've only just snagged my second speckled after trying on and off, and especially at the top of the hours, since this morning. Now that I'm egglocked (I had other eggs I wasn't willing to drop), I'll relax. :P

32 minutes ago, Seejey said:

Another disappointing short release.

I'd love to have more of the speckled ones, but had to settle with filling my scroll with the lava eggs.

Are the release day floods supposed to be this scarce or was there another mistake?

Short ? there's nothing else mixing in yet....

If anyone finds out information about the other sprites, please let me and others know so we can work on obtaining them asap! Thank you for another release! This will definitely keep me busy for a while! ❤️

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There has. The flood ended 40 minutes ago, at the rollover of this hour - can see for yourself in Forest right now.

Love the new eggs & hatchling sprites, looking forward to the adults.

Interesting luck this time for me, 7/8 precog'd female. Guess I'll be trading for some males 😆

5 minutes ago, Lushwave said:

There has. The flood ended 40 minutes ago, at the rollover of this hour - can see for yourself in Forest right now.

I was just there before I posted and there was nothing anywhere - and on the 5 minutes there were loads of new eggs in Alpine and Desert (I didn't check volcano.) And now there's nothing anywhere again. So I went back again  - there are only new eggs in Alpine and desert, and only Forest has ordinary ones.

7 minutes ago, Awdz said:

Love the new eggs & hatchling sprites, looking forward to the adults.

Interesting luck this time for me, 7/8 precog'd female. Guess I'll be trading for some males 😆

Don;t you have any pinks ?

Got four eggs from the Volcano, two from the Alpine and two from the Desert. Can’t wait to see which alts the speckled dragons will have and how to obtain them. :) 

And now regular eggs also in coast and jungle - but still ONLY the new ones in alpine, desert and volcano. Interesting....

43 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There was a smooth and shiny in the desert just after 4 p.m. ;)

Posted (edited)

Oh. I am wondering if there's some kind of glitch actually.

And again on the half hour - still exclusively new ones in their three biomes, gone rapidly leaving nothing there at all. I am starting to wonder if TJ has set up a new system where only the biomes with no new eggs get their regular stuff for a while and the new stuff carries on on its own for a bit, and it's slipping up occasionally ?.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

This was a tougher release to get, at least for speckles. But I managed to get another even with the flood technically ending. I'm excited by the prospect of so many alts! 

46 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Don;t you have any pinks ?

Only 2 males, as I limit my scroll to 2 male and 2 female adult sprites and 1 of each adolescent form (zombie fodder the only exception, and that only until I get the same for each of those sprites).

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

Maybe one for every day of the week?  Either catch day or grow day?

If so, then none of us will see the whole spectrum this generation, since they'll all have been caught on the first 2 days.

16 minutes ago, Awdz said:

Only 2 males, as I limit my scroll to 2 male and 2 female adult sprites and 1 of each adolescent form (zombie fodder the only exception, and that only until I get the same for each of those sprites).

I have 8 pinks on my scroll, 4 girls and 4 boys, so I have enough to influence a scroll's worth of Halloween and other NRs. I have them in a group so I can find them easily. I don't see any reason to limit your number of dragons you like and/or find useful, since scroll space is unlimited and we don't have to feed these guys.

Edited by Moondragon007

Well…FINALLY got my 4 lava eggs. Gonna save my brain for a bit before attempting to get the others. 😋

I’m SO TOTALLY going to breed myself an army of the lava beauties.

This was a hard one, but I was finally able to catch one of the speckled eggs.  I hope I can catch another one before it gets too late tonight.  :D 

8 hours ago, casprrr said:

I expected new dragons next week, not today. Still managed to get seven so far, yay!

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would normally have expected them next weekend (so I was full of good bred stuff, luckily not too far for hatching) but then I realised with Easter next weekend, that could be a bit much. They still seem to be exclusive drops though, so there's still time, as people start to lock with new ones.

Don't forget, the Monday after next weekend is April Fool's and if the chance for the upside down Mint returns mamy people would be forced to abandon one of their NR eggs for something they might not even get which I can't imagine would go over well.

I am so annoyed. I just discovered the new release by accident when I was browsing the trading forum. Had no idea we had a new release. Even though I’ve been on here every day.

The releases need to be longer, and there needs to be better notifications because I don’t even see the notifications.

oh total 7 speckled... It's both good news and bad news for meXD I'm very glad for more new dragons but that also means more pressure when catching. Just send one into AP and misclick a Siyat. lol.

Now need to consider is it abandoned 5 speckled and re-catch some new speckled a good idea.