TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Nero7002 said:

Ida above adding them to the wiki?

The wiki is not an official site; I have no doubt the volunteers who run it will get to it.

ETA Wait - they ARE in the wiki. What was it you wanted adding ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I really like these new dragons! And YAY for the shrink BSA. I have just shrunk one male and one female delta and bred them successfully! I'll keep both adults in shrunk status. I like having both the large AND the small version :D

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, inghelene said:

Also enjoying how people can’t believe that a dragon turning into a small dragon would find dragons of its new size attractive. Never change people. 😂

(tbf, I guess it’s under communicated that Pygmies are a classification of small dragons?)

It's the Drakes people were discussing though, not pygmies. According to the Drake creator, drakes are not dragons and have only animal intelligence, so it feels wrong to a lot of people to have the shapeshifting dragons pursue them. Thus the explanation for why minimized Deltas can mate with pygmies but not drakes.

Course there's a lot of human-animal hybrids in Greek mythology so it probably wouldn't bother most of us if the Minotaur doesn't... XD

Edited by tjekan

3 hours ago, ealbiest said:

you mean your Delta changed gender when shrunk?

They have no dimorphism, either for the pygmy or the big one.

My mistake, I thought the pygymy were dimorphic.

Got a late start, but surprisingly, I have managed to collect 16 new releases in all.  Eight of each...

Thank you TJ and Spriters...

6 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

The other parent is a Painted Ray and they can multiclutch ;)

*headdesk* Of course. Thank you for the reminder! :)

Now which ones to shrink ...

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

My mistake, I thought the pygymy were dimorphic.

Thanks for the answer - mine will be ready to breed tomorrow and I was getting a bit anxious, but if they keep their gender no worries!

(ETA because I typed a silly note previously in a hurry... and just to add that the tiny Delta egg is incredibly cute!)

Edited by ealbiest

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

So... delta pygmies seem to be able to multi-clutch. Can anyone confirm this, please?

They're very cute!

Yes. I was able to breed three eggs from one clutch. 

Screenshot_20240330-135620.png

20 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

That looks like you bred with a Painted Ray, which multiclutch.  I don't think the Deltas are able to on their own, though.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ValidEmotions said:

Darn, I only got 1 egg from all my breedings with Avea Pygmies.

Is it only certain breeds that can multiclutch?

Edited by ShorahNagi

12 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Is it only certain breeds that can multiclutch?

Only Painted Ray Pygmies, Celestials, and in-season Holidays can multi-clutch :)

Now I'm, also, looking forward for a Two-headed and a Drake that can multi-clutch... 🤤

14 hours ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Only Painted Ray Pygmies, Celestials, and in-season Holidays can multi-clutch :)

Ah that's right (knew Holiday and Celestial but forgot Rays)

Thanks 

of COURSE it's something I didn't even think of lol. I read the Delta description and saw the size-changing aspect and didn't figure it out until someone else posted about it, but now it makes so much sense. Of course, I'm still scroll locked and have been adopting some of the AP low-time eggs too so I didn't get around to breeding my new dragons yet. Now, my CB Painted Rays have been sitting there all bright and colorful for a year because I never got around to breeding them (trying to collect everything else lol), I'll probably make checker/chevron lineages now yay

Did we ever hear extra info from the artists? I’d love additional background (especially the Lalopias inspiration)

On 3/30/2024 at 9:05 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

The wiki is not an official site; I have no doubt the volunteers who run it will get to it.

ETA Wait - they ARE in the wiki. What was it you wanted adding ?

To the page where it shows which page corresponds with which dragon, I don’t know if it’s been added there yet; If it has then disregard 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nero7002 said:

To the page where it shows which page corresponds with which dragon, I don’t know if it’s been added there yet; If it has then disregard 

These are still on the Current Release page of the wiki.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Here's the Lalopias concept art. They were inspired by the sharks that live inside active volcanoes. Originally they were much more earthy and warm in color and had less armor. I was really struggling to get the lava look I had wanted them to have before Munin came in and really brought these guys to life. Send all your praises to Munin for the absolute stellar shading job on these guys.

lavasharksketch.thumb.png.bc081881e0068f83391607d12e733a54.png

Lalos also have a bit of thresher shark inspiration to them, so that plated tail of theirs? Watch out, they'll whip it at you faster than you'd expect and leave you with a nasty burning bruise.

Yes, these leviathans can go on land, but no, they don't really like to. They will explore every option they can to stay where they can swim before they finally drag themselves across solid ground. But if something is standing a bit too close to a body of water, they absolutely will temporarily beach themselves to catch their meal.
They can't breath fire, but as long as they have stones to eat, they can spit lava so don't think you're safe just because you've managed to get one up on land where they can't really maneuver well. These lava spitting trashcans will eat anything they can bite, too. Definitely make sure they know you're a friend, not a food.
Though these leviathans can swim in lava, they cannot breath it. They can however breath both water and air.

11 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Definitely make sure they know you're a friend, not a food.

Great distinction! Thank you for these lovely dragons and the additional info.

17 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Here's the Lalopias concept art.

Thanks so much for the art and the extra info!

Can anyone, please, tell me whether upside-down Mints stay upside-down if frozen?

1 minute ago, Seejey said:

Can anyone, please, tell me whether upside-down Mints stay upside-down if frozen?

yes they keep upside down.