TJ09

2024-03-24 - March Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, laevsk said:

Ahhh, but if they are as intelligent and capable as humans, why do we own them, choose their mates, choose when they die, etc.?  Regardless of what's said about them in the lore, the "reality" of this game is that these are animals owned by us humans, to do with as we wish (within the boundaries of the game, of course).

But the actual reality is that they are little pictures on our screens and limited by the game, so what's the point of arguing about inbreeding? It's not actual inbreeding. It's an open choice allowed by the game we are playing. Nothing immoral, illegal or unethical about it.

I still won't inbreed.  That's MY choice. 

By the way, modern humans (species: Homo) bred with Neandertals and DenIsovans, who were less advanced and probab!y more animalistic. This shows up in many people's DNA.

Personally, my conceptualization of it is that we players are only making decisions about who the dragons mate with on a meta level, just like RPG's where we choose romance plotlines for the characters. Within-game itself, the dragons must be the ones making those choices.  None of the holiday minigames and stories make any sense otherwise. It's not just an obscure lore thing, the dragons are consistently described as intelligent, thinking, speaking, independent, self-aware individuals. We can't really be breeding them like animals any more than we are with the characters in Baldur's Gate lol.

That would not negate your point about inbreeding though. If a player has their dragons inbreed, then in their story the dragons just chose to do that. Some humans chose to do that too (Ancient Egyptian pharaohs et al.)

Edited by tjekan

3 hours ago, Aurora-Silver said:

I'd be all in for a CB cave drop.

I agree this could be an awesome addition. 

I'm loving all the new sprites.

I'm so curious to see what kinds of lineages people will come up with for the Deltas. For my owns scroll organization purposes, I'm getting a full batch of CBs (for me that's 8; 4 male and 4 female) for each size so I can have 8 full size and 8 pygmies. Not sure what will happen with my bred Deltas but I'll probably pick one size for them and keep them that way. I also love how classically "dragon-y" they look, like something right out of a fairy tale

I love how glowy the Lalopias are, including their egg cracking sequence. I feel like these are going to pair well with so many things, I might end up with a new breed to hoard.

I know people have already mentioned Diplocaulus and Garchomp when looking at the head shape, but I'd like to add the Dreepy line of Pokemon, as well. :lol:

Spoiler

1*RwdN6SmQOhYQfSyVgAiwHw.jpeg

6 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I'm loving all the new sprites.

I'm so curious to see what kinds of lineages people will come up with for the Deltas. For my owns scroll organization purposes, I'm getting a full batch of CBs (for me that's 8; 4 male and 4 female) for each size so I can have 8 full size and 8 pygmies. Not sure what will happen with my bred Deltas but I'll probably pick one size for them and keep them that way. I also love how classically "dragon-y" they look, like something right out of a fairy tale

I love how glowy the Lalopias are, including their egg cracking sequence. I feel like these are going to pair well with so many things, I might end up with a new breed to hoard.

I'll probably do the same and keep them their size once transformed.

I'm a big fan of Delta x Thalassa Xenowyrm and Lalopia x Golden Wyvern! (caught a CB Thalassa today to get started XD )

Spoiler

image.png.87128fb89fdfe094a35d9ba176b13968.png

image.png.6633598e5fec31a0db97ddaae8d673a4.png

The new guys are sooo pretty! I love glowy fiery dragons, and the deltas have such a nice color scheme. (Their pygmy sprites are really cute too!)

Whoa, the Deltas are going to be such a big deal for lineages! Wasn't expecting something like that to ever be possible. And the Lalopias are just so pretty; excited that I was right about the fins on the hatchlings. What a great release!

The new dragons are in the encyclopedia now, and the Deltas have two separate entries for Delta Dragon and Delta Dragon (Small). Only the small variant comes up if you filter for pygmies.

23 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Aren't the Arrakyma Dragons earth leviathans?

You are correct! I actually thought they were wyrms. Lol my bad.

But we have all four elemental Leviathans! Yay!

35 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

You are correct! I actually thought they were wyrms. Lol my bad.

But we have all four elemental Leviathans! Yay!

Does this mean we can combine all four to make an avatar leviathian xD

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MoonlightEevee said:

Does this mean we can combine all four to make an avatar leviathian xD

PLEASE! But not an Avatar, though. A Creation Leviathan and then others for all the other element groups in Dragon Cave lore, than a leviathan GoN and the same for every other type of dragon would make a great birthday release.

I love elemental magic and DC's is quite interesting but underused in my opinion.

Besides, a birthday release that expands and enriches the lore of older dragons would be better than what I thought was gonna happen last October with the spooky regular release right before the Halloween one and was very disappointed it didn't. 😞

Edited by Seejey

Love the new release! Especially Laos for the colour and body shape. Really really cool silhouette.

The new bsa is also really cool. Two dragons for the price of one. A splendid deal. Can’t wait to see Pygmy s1 as small sprites gives me happiness. 

Also enjoying how people can’t believe that a dragon turning into a small dragon would find dragons of its new size attractive. Never change people. 😂

(tbf, I guess it’s under communicated that Pygmies are a classification of small dragons?)

I just want to say how much I love love love both of these releases! Two releases at once is such a treat and both are so beautiful! I love their colors and silhouettes and the pygmy function of course! I also took way too long to realize that the name Delta probably refers to the changing property XD

14 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

I also took way too long to realize that the name Delta probably refers to the changing property XD

Ah man this is so clever! 

Ohhhh, I love the pygmy sprites!

Debating how I want to sort these into my scroll, since I generally keep things sorted by basic body morphology with two-headeds/pygmies/drakes separated and sorted following the same basic rules. Do I want to keep some permanently big and some permanently small, and just sort them in with Westerns/Pygmies accordingly? Or do I wanna throw them all together in one place or the other? 

That's a problem for future me to figure out, I guess. 

Posted (edited)

someone had a delta pygmy egg hatch, so we have the s1 now. so small!

Spoiler

image.gif.7ccafde6581eb99ab5508e6b7c86b5f0.gif

Edited by Dizzywing
put the little guy under a spoiler, just in case

I just shrunk two of my Delta dragons, one male, one female, and both show the female Pygmy sprite. Is this just a bug, or is the Pygmy dimorphism not based on sex? 

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I just shrunk two of my Delta dragons, one male, one female, and both show the female Pygmy sprite. Is this just a bug, or is the Pygmy dimorphism not based on sex? 

only 2 variants, 1 normal and 1 pygmy, another 2 are S2 hatchlings(?)

51 minutes ago, Dizzywing said:

someone had a delta pygmy egg hatch, so we have the s1 now. so small!

Reveal hidden contents

image.gif.7ccafde6581eb99ab5508e6b7c86b5f0.gif

so cute!

So... delta pygmies seem to be able to multi-clutch. Can anyone confirm this, please?

They're very cute!

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So... delta pygmies seem to be able to multi-clutch. Can anyone confirm this, please?

They're very cute!

I haven't seen this yet! And I've bred two so far. 

Just now, Jazeki said:

I haven't seen this yet! And I've bred two so far. 

I saw one in a trade and went to click the adult for encyclopedia purposes and lo, it had two offspring. I'm hoping that's not a glitch.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I saw one in a trade and went to click the adult for encyclopedia purposes and lo, it had two offspring. I'm hoping that's not a glitch.

The other parent is a Painted Ray and they can multiclutch ;)

3 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

The other parent is a Painted Ray and they can multiclutch ;)

AND you need to select one to keep or both wll auto-abandon.

5 hours ago, Daypaw said:

Do I want to keep some permanently big and some permanently small, and just sort them in with Westerns/Pygmies accordingly?

I sort my dragons the same way you do and I think I will keep the sizes permanent and sort them accordingly. I have not shrunk any of them yet.

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

you mean your Delta changed gender when shrunk?

They have no dimorphism, either for the pygmy or the big one.