TJ09

2023-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

4 minutes ago, alyelle said:

If you use Temprias for something other than the portrait:

Hide contents

Talk to Mark (Beatrice's cousin the woods) for more information about the couple in the painting. He'll give a better description, then you can talk to Sylvios again, who will take a second attempt at the portrait. :)

Thanks, I'll have a go at that.

I'm not getting anywhere, packing it in for now. Thanks all who have tried to help me. 🙂

I tried to gather only the "2nd class" items in the game, and got a third ending.

Spoiler

A Humble Gift

Only the necessities—a dried herb, a single pillow, and an inaccurate painting—were gathered alongside the wind chime and incense. Harold expresses satisfaction with the presents once they are given to him. Despite their simplicity, his enjoyment is clear. But Grant is still a little nervous that Harold might not be as happy with simpler things as he could have been. The young man nonetheless sincerely appreciates your efforts in spite of this. He recognizes the effort and consideration that was put into each item you supplied, and he is grateful for the work you have done.

Is it even possible to acquire a "not-best" wind chime? Or incense (for which I found two sources but they don't seem to vary in quality)?

I'm excited to see the new eggs as they grow into dragons! 

Meanwhile, I'm missing a feather which means no pillows yet. 

34 minutes ago, Platykwak said:

I tried to gather only the "2nd class" items in the game, and got a third ending.

Reveal hidden contents

A Humble Gift

Only the necessities—a dried herb, a single pillow, and an inaccurate painting—were gathered alongside the wind chime and incense. Harold expresses satisfaction with the presents once they are given to him. Despite their simplicity, his enjoyment is clear. But Grant is still a little nervous that Harold might not be as happy with simpler things as he could have been. The young man nonetheless sincerely appreciates your efforts in spite of this. He recognizes the effort and consideration that was put into each item you supplied, and he is grateful for the work you have done.

Is it even possible to acquire a "not-best" wind chime? Or incense (for which I found two sources but they don't seem to vary in quality)?

I haven't been able to (yet, anyway).

I've wasted a lot of time on the game and feel like I am walking in circles. XD Not my favorite sort of pastime.

Those hatchies are adorable! Can't wait to see the adults.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I've wasted a lot of time on the game and feel like I am walking in circles. XD Not my favorite sort of pastime.

Those hatchies are adorable! Can't wait to see the adults.

It took me so long to find my way back to Mark a second time. I swear I walked through that woods for hours - meaning I must have earned another serving of bread pudding. 😉

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

feel like I am walking in circles.

I literally have ... twice.

I'm at 11 items now.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I literally have ... twice.

I'm at 11 items now.

I've got 17, and no matter what anyone here tells me to do, I'm missing something I need to do to get the second painting.  I've gone round in circles so often I'm dizzy.

Oh boy, I'm in the mood to decorate some cookies, hope it's back soon

And I'm happy about the new dragons, noodles with arms and wings are my favorite

Merry december merriment y'all

7 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I've got 17, and no matter what anyone here tells me to do, I'm missing something I need to do to get the second painting.  I've gone round in circles so often I'm dizzy.

Hiya, I only got one painting on my first run because I crossed both descriptions and the character gave the one he was confident in to the painter. I looked for the second painting like a headless chicken, lol, but I gave up and got the best ending. Was surprised. 

Maybe the same happened to you? 

Anyway, hope you figure it out!

Merry Christmas, Happy (belated) Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and a Happy New Year! 🎄🎁 

Now to play the event.

Edited by Shokomon

Too much text!  My eyes are starting to ache from staring at the screen for far too long - and the perfectionist in me is dying to rectify all the typos!  Starting to think life is too short for this sort of puzzle -lol.  Only got 7 items so far . . . 

Edited by LadyMadonna

48 minutes ago, Quinney said:

You have 17 items but not the second painting...? Are you sure? That should be everything. Did you get the description from Mark and then go to (I forget the name) the painter? 

Really had an easy time with the story this year. And this is very much NOT a complaint. I tend to get exhausted fairly quick when playing text based adventures, so really happy I could easily finish this. And I loved the writing and cute little items as aslways.

And the new eggs and hatchies:
OMG. ❤️ They are green and cute and I can't wait to see the adults because the hatchies already look so nice. And once again I want to be able to freeze egg sprites. ^^°

Now to patiently wait for the cookie decorating to come back. I am determinded to send out as many as possible. :D Best time of the year. Always looking forward to exchange them!

Edited by Reykur

I successfully completed this year's event on my first attempt and without help. I really enjoyed it!

I am having difficulties finding anything about the feathers, so have been looking for them and no clues who to go to

Adding - I found the feathers but can't get Marge to sew the dragon down I found.  Hmph

Edited by Cthulhu

9 hours ago, Platykwak said:

I might have missed some of the imperfect items. Question about that:

Hide contents

How did you get the incense without chocolate? Is there an imperfect incense as well? I could not find one. Is it some Temprias thing?

Hide contents

Ask Joe to know the incense's name, and than found marge

Screenshot_20231226-135859_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c0d393f0ebb6c6e6eadeccdde25cd419.jpg

Edited by D-wing

Is there a walk-through for the event?  I'm tired of going in literal circles and I swear I've visited everyone at least twice.

How can I earn candy?? I completed the event successfully but i don't see any rewards 😕

Edited by theworldofjinny

just found that I might misunderstand something about the best end. So according to others, the game as least had 3 ends.

Hide contents

1st end - Get all the high quality items. see next floor. for collector: mix items=17

Hide contents

-The best gift money couldn't buy-

Through perseverance and diligent effort, you are able to gather every ideal item on the list. The result is a touching scene of total joy and appreciation. Harold’s admiration for each item’s care and high calibre is evident in every facial expression. He is aware of and sincerely grateful for all of the effort and consideration that went into granting all that he wanted. Grant is ecstatic about it all, personally. Harold is overjoyed when these ideal components have been successfully assembled, and Grant feels an overwhelming sense of relief and fulfilment. Knowing full well the amount of work and commitment required to make this happen, he is immensely appreciative of your assistance.

2nd end - only give him a few items.

Hide contents

-A Great gift for a great men-

Along the way, you’ve acquired a variety of objects, some ordinary and others remarkable. Harold displays his gratitude for the presents you gave by sharing his happiness with them. Grant appreciates your help as well and thanks you for your effort. He cannot ignore the faint trace of longing in his father-in-law’s eyes, though. It is evident that although Harold is happy with his unexpected gift, there is a small part of him that still yearns for something more.

3rd end- only give the minimum requested

Hide contents

-A Humble Gift- 

Edited by D-wing

Ok so I got the 1st ending and figured you don't need ALL items to get it. You just need to make sure to get the items from the right NPCs

> Get the incense from the oddities' shop, NOT from the tailor 

> Get Temprias to help with the portrait, NOT the cobbler

> Get all 4 feathers (butcher,  apothecary, starsingersand and Mark) to get TWO pillows made

> Get the herbs from the apothecary, NOT the herbalist

> Talk to the starsingers first to help you with the melody before making the windchime (I dont know if this is actually required but better safe than sorry)

> PROFIT!

The Speedrun method to get all 17 items and the best? ending. the other endings

Spoiler

Head to bed*  - > Head out - > tailor’s shop - > Talk to Marge  - > About pillows - > About portrait - > About wind-chime - > go to the bakery - > About herb - >  About portrait  - > the outskirts of town - > the cobbler’s shop - > a painting commissioned - > go to the apothecary’s shop  - > About pillows  - >  “I hate to ask...”  - >  About portrait   - > “William says...”  - > “I have a description"  - > About herb - > ‘Summer cress’  - > go to the butcher’s shop - > About pillows - > “Marge was saying..." - > About specific incense - > Head out of town and into the woods - >  left - > deeper into the woods x2 - > Head towards the clearing - > Talk to the starsingers  - >  About wind-chime - > About pillows - > Take the shortcut to the main road - > main road - > Turn back - > right - >  talk with mark - > “Beatrice asked..." - > About pillows - >  About portrait - > Return to the main road - > Follow the road back to town - >   right - >  deeper into the woods - > running water - > downstream x2 - >  to town - > apothecary’s shop - >  About portrait   - > “William says...”   - > “I have a description...”   - > Head into the town center  - >  the bakery - > “Mark said thanks ..." - > the herbalist’s shop  - > Speak with the apprentice  - > ‘Summer cress’  - > go to the tailor’s shop  - >  Talk to Marge - >  some pillows put together - >  make into a pillow - >  Discuss things further  - > specific incense - > "Joe suggested..." - > “I think that’s all I need for now, thanks.” - >  Talk to Marge again - >  some pillows put together - >  make a second pillow - > go to your shop  - > Use the workshop  - >  Assemble the wind chime  - > Talk to Sophie - > “I think I’ve got everything” - >  Hand everything over x2 - > end!

* don't need to talk with Sophie, but if you need to find Temprias: Double-check with Sophie > About Temprias

ps. just found that we could saw our pumpkins (Halloween event) now.

Edited by D-wing