TJ09

2023-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

3 hours ago, Meruru said:

hey friends, I've been seeing people wanting to trade the new eggs for CB females, and now i'm confused, aren't this years dragons gender set as male?

Yes, only male, no female. Every year the hub would have some newers who didn't know the v-day and christmas's gender are locked. Unless some bugs or special reasons are appear (didn't heard any change about nr) otherwise no chance to have another gender.

edit: forget to say, you can reassurance because I'm sure people would asked for stratosphere if they could got a different gender. I think no one would abandon the chance to get PB/rare 2G/super things for a normal hatch : D

Edited by D-wing

6 hours ago, Meruru said:

hey friends, I've been seeing people wanting to trade the new eggs for CB females, and now i'm confused, aren't this years dragons gender set as male?

Yes, they will all be male. Some new players may not realize that and are hoping to get a breeding pair.

I saw several people asking to trade for female Yulebucks a few days ago.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, hazeh said:

THE BOYS ARE HERE!!! 
Thank you everyone for your kind words about the Harkfrosts! Schen and I are thrilled they were chosen this year. 

Here’s some official art for you all to enjoy. Happy Holidays everyone!! 
TxlWH4i.jpg

Schen was kind enough to line/color/make the beautiful wings on this image for me:

2GVS38Y.png

Some tidbits of info that will (eventually) make it to the Encyclopedia:

-they are nocturnal dragons. They see best at night, and daytime tends to be too bright for them. 
- for sleep, they bury themselves under the deepest snow they can find. If you come across a tunnel system in the snow, that’s from a Harkfrost! 

and hatchlings just:

V8cS.gif

These are absolutely glorious! There are too many awesome Winter Holiday dragons to pick a fav anymore, but this floofy-tailed regal beauty just placed itself easily in my top 5! Probrably sitting in a strong 3 spot. I can't wait to start planning lineages! 

THEY LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: I can't believe how detailed these sprites are! ❤️ 

THEY ARE GORGEOUS!! So happy to see such a beautiful holiday dragon as I did not like the Halloween dragon as much this year!

YIPPEE adults! super pretty, great job to the spriters!! absolutely love these snowy crismun tree dragons :v

Edited by ShadowMistaken

Oooh, the HarkFrosts are really pretty; even better, they look really nice with all of the Prizes. I'll have plenty of hunting to do next year~

The Harkfrosts are just so awesome! And now I can't stop imagining hatchies just jumping and rolling in the snow - pounce, pounce, pounce!

I notice that on the wiki page, there are images of two adults-- one with all the snowflakes and sparkles, and another without them.
TJ only has one sprite, with the sparkles.

Any guesses what might be up with that...? Perhaps they are destined to lose their sparkle during the non-winter months?

Edited by tjekan

8 hours ago, blah said:

They’re gorgeous, I love that shade of green!

I too absolutely love that shade of green.  Next year I'm planning on getting more adults, and freezing hatchlings- I am also in love with the hatchlings.

The adventure was fun.  The second time thr, I was able to get the best ending, thanks to the person who clued me into the need for the four different types of feathers needed.

2 hours ago, tjekan said:

I notice that on the wiki page, there are images of two adults-- one with all the snowflakes and sparkles, and another without them.
TJ only has one sprite, with the sparkles.

Any guesses what might be up with that...? Perhaps they are destined to lose their sparkle during the non-winter months?

Would this be a hint? "A Harkfrost Dragon’s scales take on a beautiful sheen under the moonlight of both Aurax and Cirion during winter," ? It's just Aurax moonlight at the time so I take this does not mean both moons have to be on simultaneously to produce the sparkles - but maybe the sparkles will fade when winter has passed (as visible in one's Leetle)?

And lots of thanks to the flowing plenty of old and new things - and especially congrats to spriters for the Harkforsts - they must be my totem animals because that's me in the snow when there's any to be had....

Edited by ealbiest

Hey, there! If anyone is here sad about missing this year's release, I've seen around six or seven new eggs in the AP with two days left to hatch. You might find and catch one or two there! :wub: 

Why are so many eggs in the AP extremely messy? When I breed my dragons I try to get a lineage that someone will actually want.

Should there be two adult dragons to collect?  I've just gone to the encyclopaedia to see if I've clicked on enough to unlock them and there's another sprite still greyed out.

ETA:  Just read about the thoughts on moon changes with them.

Edited by Quinney

This event has completely alienated me and made me have a depressive meltdown because I cannot earn candy because all the things that give candy I cannot do due to my disabilities so I just don't get to do or have anything. This is severely ableist and I expected better out of a game this old.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

These babes create Change avatars!

ETA: Both my adults are sparkly and I don't see a BSA.

Could they sparkle for a few days when they breed ? I haven't breed mine yet - not least because they are still hatchies  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Astral-Crescent said:

This event has completely alienated me and made me have a depressive meltdown because I cannot earn candy because all the things that give candy I cannot do due to my disabilities so I just don't get to do or have anything. This is severely ableist and I expected better out of a game this old.

Bad luck - what games exactly can't you do; what are the issues - I would think some of them would work. We have a lot of players with disabilities, who have certainly managed in previous years.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Could they sparkle for a few days when they breed ? I haven't breed mine yet - not least because they are still hatchies  :lol:

I think it's a day/night thing bc for me, they were sparkly at night and now that it's daytime on dc they don't sparkle anymore. 

I think you have it - Jazeki's aren't sparkling any more !