TJ09

2023-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

9 hours ago, MissK. said:

You have 17 items but not the second painting...? Are you sure? That should be everything. Did you get the description from Mark and then go to (I forget the name) the painter? 

I discovered that I had an extra herb that shouldn't have been there - hence the confusion!

Got everything my first playthrough, but now on my second I can only get 16 items (missing a painting)

Spoiler

This time, I got what I assume is the 'quality painting' (the one with the red scarf on the woman in the painting) first as opposed to the other one. Wonder if that has something to do with some people only getting one painting?

Edited by ShorahNagi

3 hours ago, Axl-fox said:

Ok so I got the 1st ending and figured you don't need ALL items to get it. You just need to make sure to get the items from the right NPCs

> Get the incense from the oddities' shop, NOT from the tailor 

> Get Temprias to help with the portrait, NOT the cobbler

> Get all 4 feathers (butcher,  apothecary, starsingersand and Mark) to get TWO pillows made

> Get the herbs from the apothecary, NOT the herbalist

> Talk to the starsingers first to help you with the melody before making the windchime (I dont know if this is actually required but better safe than sorry)

> PROFIT!

It isn't quite so strict with some of the items.

Here were some of my findings when trying a minimum item best run:

- Does not matter where you get the incense. I haven't found a non-best source (yet?)

- Temprias's help is not required for any of the best items.

- The oddities shop isn't necessary either, but can help with the herb, incense, and one of the windchime components.

- I am not sure if it's even possible to craft the windchime unless you talk to either the Starsingers or Temprias. But you'll need the Starsingers anyway for their down.

- Making a pillow will always require 2 sets of feathers, and they are not used twice: for the best ending, you need two pillows and thus, all 4 sources of feathers.

- Herbalist can be skipped.

The minimum inventory for the best ending is 14 items. I know there's also 2 worse-quality items, and one fetch-quest item for another source to get one of the best items...

I haven't found more than 17 items myself, so I'm curious how people have 17 while missing the first painting. (I suspect they are actually missing the worse painting, since you cannot get it if you got the best one already. The better one has a red scarf!)

3 hours ago, Axl-fox said:

Ok so I got the 1st ending and figured you don't need ALL items to get it. You just need to make sure to get the items from the right NPCs

> Get all 4 feathers (butcher,  apothecary, starsingersand and Mark) to get TWO pillows made

> Talk to the starsingers first to help you with the melody before making the windchime (I dont know if this is actually required but better safe than sorry)

> PROFIT!

I got the best ending too and didn't need to do these things. The insence from the tailor was good, and the portrait from the cobbler was good (but with the description from Mark, NOT from Marge). I also got the good quality herb from the oddities shop instead of the apothecary (after getting the bad quality one from the herbalist first).

32 minutes ago, Platykwak said:

- I am not sure if it's even possible to craft the windchime unless you talk to either the Starsingers or Temprias. But you'll need the Starsingers anyway for their down.

I've tried. We can't craft the windchime without Starsingers / Temprias' help. 

---

for someone try to collect all items:

-If missed the first painting: I didn't found any way to get after got the correct one. So start over and paint one before finding mark/temprais.

Edited by D-wing

I find the best way to farm candy is to go onto Snowball Shuffle (the second window) and spam your arrow keys.

EDIT: gasp! They’ve gendered! How will this affect the OU meta?

Edited by FuecocoBoi09

11 minutes ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

I find the best way to farm candy is to go onto Snowball Shuffle (the second window) and spam your arrow keys.

Ah yes - you can get surprisingly far in the 2048 games just by spamming towards one corner! So choose a corner and only use the directions adjacent to it. (South-East corner -- down and right. Etc.)

Same thing is also a secret to having a successful long game. Always push the bigger numbers in one direction.

Got 2 NR in 2 seconds. biomes stuck. This overkill limit from times when DC had 1 biome is SO unnecessary.

I didn't manage to get my 2nd CB Light Weaver, I don't remember why I don't have 2 CBs but it was totally impossible to see it for me this year. Trades failed too because nobody can trade them or want to waste so many days on trying to get another if they trade this year's catch, and fail like me. Halloween was MUCH better, more fun, less frustration.

Hm, is NR a decorated holiday tree?

Edited by Bialy

Does your badge actually change when you get the BEST outcome ? I had the nearly best and just got the best - and forgot to notice !

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Does your badge actually change when you get the BEST outcome ? I had the nearly best and just got the best - and forgot to notice !

I'm pretty sure mine's the same.

I have to say, @schenanigans has to take a rest. After doing some math, ever since Schen’s first dragon (Pitfire) released, there has been 61 dragons added to the cave. Schen has contributed to 15. That’s nearly a quarter of all the dragons in 3 years. Take a bow!

12 hours ago, D-wing said:

The Speedrun method to get all 17 items and the best? ending.

Thank you! I was so stuck and going in circles.

15 hours ago, Axl-fox said:

> PROFIT!

you can get the portrait from the cobbler you just need mark's description. temprias is kinda a bonus, u dont need his help to complete :) (edit: oops thought i was on the last page someone prolly answered this)

Edited by Metafarers

5 hours ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

I have to say, schenanigans has to take a rest. After doing some math, ever since Schen’s first dragon (Pitfire) released, there has been 61 dragons added to the cave. Schen has contributed to 15. That’s nearly a quarter of all the dragons in 3 years. Take a bow!

Not only that, Schenanigans worked on all 3 holiday dragons this year, in addition to 3 regular releases. That's half a year of (at least partially) Schen dragons. Impressive productivity! 

Edited by MissK.

Happy holidays! Thanks for the nice little story and an adventure of giving. I finished it this morning for the first time and my guy was quite chuffed. 🎄🎅

My candy stock isn't growing by playing any of the calendar mini games (and I've also completed and got best result from the story).  I still have just the 700 that were there at the start (presumably from last year). Is anyone finding the same?

Happy holidays! The new hatchlings look adorable ❤️. I managed to get all caught up on CB holidays from past years this winter …. now to get all the hatchlings!

6 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

My candy stock isn't growing by playing any of the calendar mini games (and I've also completed and got best result from the story).  I still have just the 700 that were there at the start (presumably from last year). Is anyone finding the same?

Its working fine for me (just did a speed match of Snowball shuffle to test and my count went up). Although Depending on which game you're playing, it doesn't grow by a lot (ex. I only get like 10 candy max from snowball shuffle as its score based)

Likewise, you only get candy for sending cookies, and far as I recall, there's no candy given for decorating your wreath.

Maybe try clearing your cache and cookies? Or refreshing the page.