TJ09

2023-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Ooh shiny, love the egg design already, grabbed two with nice word-friendly letter codes LOL. thank you, merry Christmas, happy holidays!

was able to get the items in the event but not all the top-quality stuff, will try again later.

Edited by bord

Merry Christmas everybody! I grabbed my 2 eggs and I'm about to start the event! Glad I am able to start it after the issues that seem to have occurred got resolved! ❤️

The hatching matured!

Hmmm, still no idea what's missing. maybe wait until tomorrow to see if any tips.XD

Edited by D-wing

Anyone know what this bit suggests ?

Spoiler

It is evident that although Harold is happy with his unexpected gift, there is a small part of him that still yearns for something more

I don't remember seeing that.  I'm going round in circles trying to find the second painting, I think it's all I need.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Anyone know what this bit suggests ?

Hide contents

It is evident that although Harold is happy with his unexpected gift, there is a small part of him that still yearns for something more

I got that on my first try, before I get the second pillow and the second painting that was painted after I got the description from the cave dragon.

I like how I get the badge by just entering the event = = too much text is giving me headache and I've decided to not actually play the game to its fullest...infinitely glad that I can have the badge tho!

I've visited the cave dragon again but all I'm getting from him now is that his magic needs to recharge before he can do anything else.

5 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I've visited the cave dragon again but all I'm getting from him now is that his magic needs to recharge before he can do anything else.

Asking about the painting has to be the first thing you ask for.

15 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I like how I get the badge by just entering the event = = too much text is giving me headache and I've decided to not actually play the game to its fullest...infinitely glad that I can have the badge tho!

i kinda feel the same. i read the opening to get the gist of the story. from there i just click every option to get either X info for other step or actually get an item. i only double check when i think i'm finished.

2 hours ago, D-wing said:

interesting. I got 17 but still ending 2. Maybe some plot are requested too.

Hide contents

I might have missed some of the imperfect items. Question about that:

Spoiler

How did you get the incense without chocolate? Is there an imperfect incense as well? I could not find one. Is it some Temprias thing?

1 minute ago, laertid said:

Apparently the cave dragon can do only one thing, and since you get all the quest items except the painting (the 2nd version) through other means, you have to ask the cave dragon to help with the painting.

This is how I interpreted Temprias as well: He's kind of a one-use cheat code for one item. However, it should be possible to get the better painting without his help as well. There's one interaction suggesting another source for the good depiction.

Edited by Platykwak

Apparently the cave dragon can do only one thing, and since you get all the quest items except the painting (the 2nd version) through other means, you have to ask the cave dragon to help with the painting.

16 minutes ago, jis99 said:

Asking about the painting has to be the first thing you ask for.

It's not giving me that singular option now.  There's got to be something else I've missed.  This is for the second portrait.

ETA: I'm in with the cave dragon and nothing I have to click on is getting him to help me.

Edited by Quinney

1 minute ago, Quinney said:

It's not giving me that singular option now.  There's got to be something else I've missed.  This is for the second portrait.

Asking about the portrait is the first and only thing you ask the cave dragon. I asked after I had obtained the first portrait, if that helps.

Darn, I'm missing a feather, so I can't get the second pillow made.

Found it, finally! But asking Temprias for help with the painting didn't actually get me the second portrait. I still just have the one.

Edited by Kith

3 minutes ago, jis99 said:

Asking about the portrait is the first and only thing you ask the cave dragon. I asked after I had obtained the first portrait, if that helps.

I'm now wondering if there's another cave I've missed.  I'm talking about Temprias in his cave?  I'm certainly not able to ask about a portrait.  I can't remember what the dialogue was the first time round with him.

6 minutes ago, Kith said:

Darn, I'm missing a feather, so I can't get the second pillow made.

Found it, finally! But asking Temprias for help with the painting didn't actually get me the second portrait. I still just have the one.

You ask Temprias for the description, and then go back to the painter to make the second portrait.

1 minute ago, Quinney said:

I'm now wondering if there's another cave I've missed.  I'm talking about Temprias in his cave?  I'm certainly not able to ask about a portrait.  I can't remember what the dialogue was the first time round with him.

Yes,  the Temprias. Did you ask him for something else, like help in building the wind chimes? That's what I did in m first try. You have to ask the dragon one thing only, and that's about the painting.

1 minute ago, laertid said:

You ask Temprias for the description, and then go back to the painter to make the second portrait.

He says he can do no better for me.

4 minutes ago, jis99 said:

Yes,  the Temprias. Did you ask him for something else, like help in building the wind chimes? That's what I did in m first try. You have to ask the dragon one thing only, and that's about the painting.

Yes, he helped with the wind chimes.  So where does that leave me?  Starting the whole thing again?

I went to check my ending and got The Best Gift Money Couldn't Buy, so I seem to have gotten the better portrait without Temprias.

If you use Temprias for something other than the portrait:

Spoiler

Talk to Mark (Beatrice's cousin the woods) for more information about the couple in the painting. He'll give a better description, then you can talk to Sylvios again, who will take a second attempt at the portrait. :)

I think Temprias is not required for anything. He can simply help you with any one thing, if you're stuck with some solution. It should be possible to get all the best items by other means. I at least found all the correct solutions elsewhere too. So if you asked him "wrong", it does not lock you out of the best ending.