TJ09

2023-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 minute ago, Glaciarie said:

I see! Like lets say right now its 5 pm, so refresh 5h5 pm, 5h10 pm, 5h15 pm..etc?

Yes, exactly like that. Good hunting! 

5 minutes ago, stagazer_7 said:

Yes, exactly like that. Good hunting! 

Thanks! I was able to get two eggs now! :)

And my husband did get 4, but after that long, long freeze on the hour, it's locking up at every 5 minutes and he can't even get the page to refresh.  

And at the 4:00 hour, nothing....and now it's almost 5:00 and he's going to try again, and if it just freezes, what the heck is he supposed to do?  It doesn't matter how hard you try if there's too much cave lag.

LOL I guess griping about it helped....mission accomplished.  Whew!  It did lag again for almost a minute, I told him not to give up.

Edited by daba555

I finally got them, good grief. What works best for me is to position myself right over a dragon and then hit f5 and then an instant click. Just over and over, 20 times or more in a couple seconds. Refresh click refresh click refresh click. When the drop ends I usually have between 3 and 8 eggs, You can catch eggs faster than the game can alert you I've caught 8 before without being notified even once. The faster you refresh and click on a dragon the better, because you can catch one the instant you refresh, faster than anyone else seeing the dragon arrive and trying to grab it. Of course this drop took me 17 hours to get that to work. It's finally starting to work, maybe people are giving up after no luck for so long.

Holiday releases are usually a relief from the usual stress of drops. Not this time. I'm not sure what was changed, since it can't be a sudden influx of users responsible, but this is not a good change.

Edited by Ashywolf

Love these little guys, hopefully I can grab three more of them if not oh well maybe next year, as I will not be near anything with internet for a few hours and by the time I get off work it's midnight.

Finally egg-locked! That sure was an interesting experience, I'm not sure I've ever had a Halloween where it took me almost a full day to catch my fill, even with all the lag we had in the original Pumpkin release in 2008. But it was a fun side project to work on while I stayed up til 2am local time (10 am or something cave time??) for work, and I'm even more in love with these little guys now that TJ's eggs have hatched - gorgeous work spriters!! Cannot WAIT to see the adults. ♥

This is super disappointing, it's already 12am at my place and I still can't catch any eggs ;A; I did try during the day but no luck :/ Never had situation like that before...

I didn't start hunting for the new release until later in the day because I had to babysit my nieces with my dad until they left to go trick or treating with my brother, aka their dad, and his fiancé. It took a little bit of time, but after dinner, I managed to catch 3 since I really only need 3 to fill out the encyclopedia regardless of whether or not there are notes for them in it. I will say to those who are still struggling, don't give up! You still have time before the event ends! Just try to think positively and things will work out just fine! Happy Halloween! ❤️

Due to an issue resulting in fewer eggs being produced by the cave than in past years, the drop of this year's Halloween breed has been extended from 24 to 48 hours.

New eggs will continue to drop throughout November 1, ending November 2. The event biome is unaffected by this change and will disappear in 4 hours as originally announced.

1 hour ago, alyelle said:

Finally egg-locked! That sure was an interesting experience, I'm not sure I've ever had a Halloween where it took me almost a full day to catch my fill, even with all the lag we had in the original Pumpkin release in 2008. But it was a fun side project to work on while I stayed up til 2am local time (10 am or something cave time??) for work, and I'm even more in love with these little guys now that TJ's eggs have hatched - gorgeous work spriters!! Cannot WAIT to see the adults. ♥

Vampires were in 2008.  Pumpkins were in 2009.

Finally got the rest of my 8...was trying to get one from each biome ( plus a 2nd in jungle and volcano)...ended up getting 3 volcano and no alpine somehow. O_o  Oh well...time to breed last years' CB's before I run out of time I guess.

24 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Due to an issue resulting in fewer eggs being produced by the cave than in past years, the drop of this year's Halloween breed has been extended from 24 to 48 hours.

New eggs will continue to drop throughout November 1, ending November 2. The event biome is unaffected by this change and will disappear in 4 hours as originally announced.

You rock, TJ!  Thanks so much!

Thank you so much. orz It seems like a lot of folks are having trouble this year -- I've gifted several bunches of eggs today, and all were grabbed immediately, even when it was a full pack of four.

Thank you TJ! I struggled most of the day to get my 8 and normally it calms down so I was wondering what was up. I'm glad because this gives everyone more chances to get these eggs which are really beautiful! I can't wait to see what they look like as adults!

Edited by Syiren

Thank you, TJ! Glad to see that everyone that has been trying for them without any luck will have a grace period.

Ahaha after all the hours hunting for them I will now trade some away to get November 1st ones aswell. This feels so stupid, but it makes me happy. ^^ Also glad that everyone who could not get any/enough today will get a chance tomorrow! Good luck hunting everyone!

To clarify, that means no regular eggs will mix in tomorrow, right?

I got my 8 eggs very easily, which was a bit of a relief, because the last few months I had a really hard time getting any eggs at all, and sometimes I had to wait until they were released into the market.  Anyway, good luck to everyone.  They look really beautiful.  Thanks, TJ and the spriters.  🙂

I still haven't gotten my 8. Why aren't these mass dropping? And no I mean why aren't there just a continuous drop like in the past? Some of us don't have the time to hang out here all day long.