TJ09

2023-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 hour ago, Library_gremlin said:

We really need another egg slot. 

It would be amazing to have another tier level and be able to pick up more eggs. 

Dang I was expecting the hatchie wall to be done with by now. Very impressive.

4 minutes ago, Mika said:

Dang I was expecting the hatchie wall to be done with by now. Very impressive.

Yeah, this Halloween was quite chaotic lol. How long did the wall last on Vday? I wonder how long it'll take to clear the wall since the current hatchies were hatched around yesterday at 4 pm (cave time) and there should be a huge batch that are about 6d 13h old

I'm shocked the hatchie wall is still up! I won't have any free slots for 9 hours. I wonder if any will be left?

Wow, what even happened? Did a lot of people just rapid fire hatch the almost-dying eggs and abandon the hatchlings??

15 hours ago, Cheesecake_Raccoon said:

Is this the first Halloween the death wall has happened on? What caused this? 

I feel like I've noticed less eggs being both bred and grabbed from the abandoned page since the addition of CB biomes for holiday dragons. From what I remember, before it was added the Holidays used to dissappear because they were all nabbed. I remember refreshing as they were all cleared out of the Abandoned page until no holidays were left. 

Did anyone notice what time it changed back to eggs, or catch a picture of it?  I was trying to do that but RL interfered.  😞

Edited by Stormcaller
Time now is 2:42 pm, so it was before that.

I think less than 20 mins ago there were still all the hatchies, why did it stop so suddenly? Didn't they have more than 6 days left? I expected them to be there some days more lol. But of course can't remember when they usually stop.

45 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

I think less than 20 mins ago there were still all the hatchies, why did it stop so suddenly? Didn't they have more than 6 days left? I expected them to be there some days more lol. But of course can't remember when they usually stop.

It could be there were no hatchlings behind them--all those with 6 plus days hatched yesterday in the nick of time, I'd guess.

Aww I missed the end of the wall. Oh well. Halloween is officially over lol.

3 hours ago, Zonnedauw said:

Wow, what even happened? Did a lot of people just rapid fire hatch the almost-dying eggs and abandon the hatchlings??

There were people working on that up until the last minute last night. And then it was too late and the last of the eggs died at midnight. :( 

2 hours ago, oOVacatedWisperOo said:

I feel like I've noticed less eggs being both bred and grabbed from the abandoned page since the addition of CB biomes for holiday dragons. From what I remember, before it was added the Holidays used to dissappear because they were all nabbed. I remember refreshing as they were all cleared out of the Abandoned page until no holidays were left. 

You have to remember that there were a lot less people playing back then and a lot less dragons to breed. And there has been a significant wall for several years now, at least. So much so that there were normal eggs dying behind the wall of holiday eggs, which is one of the reasons we now have one row of regular eggs in the AP during holiday breeding.

Halloween is the season with the biggest backlog of eggs in the AP because there is no scroll limit on CBs, so more people have more dragons that they can breed.

For the last few years, I have been hesitant to breed my Halloween dragons on the 31st because I was afraid we might have a wall of death like we did this time. And I have only bred the ones that I need or that someone else is asking for. I would love to breed all my pretty lineages, but if they end up unable to be influenced or, worse, dying on the AP that would make me sad.

Thank you, TJ, spriters and mods for another awesome Halloween breeding season. I wasn't as active as I wanted to be, but for what I was able to do, it was a blast! Looking forward to Christmas breeding season!

Well, Halloween is officially over! Will be closing this :) Until next year!