TJ09

2023-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Man these new eggs are running through the biomes despite not having actual legs lol

I wish the Halloween biome adjusted to have the newer years a bit more, totally missed out on Crypts last year and maybe saw the blink of one. Thankfully managed a few pitfires!

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

In all these years I have never not been able to catch Halloween eggs.  Till now.  I really hope this is not going to be an issue.  They are my favorites.

My husband hasn't even tried yet.  I have exactly one.  It's rather disappointing.

And hard to tell how I like them if I can't catch them, I just feel disgruntled.

That. After literally hours and hours of trying I finally resorted to spam clicking and now have three eggs, but seriously what is wrong this year? Did TJ reduce the number of eggs or did we double our numbers or are some superbots around stealing all the eggs?

does anyone know how long the eggs will be dropping for/when they stop dropping and return to the regular biome drops?

1 minute ago, lexi_ said:

does anyone know how long the eggs will be dropping for/when they stop dropping and return to the regular biome drops?

At midnight unless we get an extension on drops.

the hourly drop had a ~20-second delay before eggs actually appeared in the biomes. so if you're still hunting and dismayed the biomes are empty at the xx:00 or xx:05 or whatever, give it a few seconds... they're certainly moving fast, but not like... hyperspeed, ha.

i'm egg-locked now (after hunting through maybe 2 drops this morning and 3 this afternoon?) and look forward to seeing how these little things glow up 😉

3 minutes ago, welkinwight said:

the hourly drop had a ~20-second delay before eggs actually appeared in the biomes. so if you're still hunting and dismayed the biomes are empty at the xx:00 or xx:05 or whatever, give it a few seconds... they're certainly moving fast, but not like... hyperspeed, ha.

i'm egg-locked now (after hunting through maybe 2 drops this morning and 3 this afternoon?) and look forward to seeing how these little things glow up 😉

Actually, for me, the 3:00 drop was delayed more than 40 seconds, and I really thought it went so fast I never saw it.  But then, lots of egg drops and I got 6, with about 40 misses, LOL.  So, I am much happier now.  And the eggs really are pretty.  Just have to get one last one, which at the 5-minute drop was impossible, and then see if my husband wants to try for his.

glad this isn't just one day only. i haven't even seen the egg thanks to hoarders. 

I haven't even gotten one new event egg yet. :(

Edit:  I say that and then I get one, haha.  But only one. 😕

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

4 minutes ago, syth said:

glad this isn't just one day only. i haven't even seen the egg thanks to hoarders. 

Hey, funny story…

Even hoarders end up egg-locked. Patience is key. Are you showing up ion the 5 minute drops - that's where I got most of mine.

8 hours ago, laevsk said:

Throwing out a guess on the name, based on the bioluminescence and the name sorting:

Aequorea Dragon.

(The Aequorea victoria is a bioluminescent jellyfish).

Now that I've had some sleep, I realize that this would NOT sort before Aeon ...*sigh* ... Never post when it's nearly 4 a.m. and you're running on fumes.

25 minutes ago, syth said:

Per the Halloween event first post:

"A new dragon will be released on 10/31 and drop for 24 hours. After that, it's gone until next year."

They are today only + however long tossed eggs last in the AP, and then CB only in the Halloween biome going forward in subsequent years. 

First I could not get any eggs, then I stayed on and klicked even after the time went on to the next minute.  At .06-.07 eggs dropped, so I got 6 in a row.

Now I'm egglocked. 😜

I'm incredibly frustrated at this point.  I stayed up all night trying to get the new Halloween eggs and didn't even get a single solitary egg!.  The lag has made it even worse!  At this rate, I'm afraid this may be the first Halloween I do not get the new egg. :(

Well, complaints are vanishing for no reason, but not much is happening to give us more eggs. This is the first year since DC opened that I can't catch any eggs a 15 hours after a drop starts. It's appalling.

48 minutes ago, welkinwight said:

the hourly drop had a ~20-second delay before eggs actually appeared in the biomes.  😉

Thank you, this has been most helpful! I had just given up on an hourly drop because no eggs were appearing, but then I saw your post, went back and got two!

I've got my full quota. Ctrl+click works great for me- just open all the eggs in a new tab, swap to another biome, and repeat. Then go through the new tabs and see what you got. It's definitely getting easier as people fill up- there's only a bit over half as many people hunting as there were last night.

You do have to be aware of that lag at the hourly drop. It's not that the eggs vanish- they can take almost a minute to start appearing at all.

Edited by Fishkeeper

Hey people, what's happening???

I can't get any new halloween eggs. This never happened in previous years.

I'm worried that it will be impossible to grab any until they vanish.

52 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Even hoarders end up egg-locked. Patience is key. Are you showing up ion the 5 minute drops - that's where I got most of mine.

I managed to get a couple, only one during the 5-min drop, the lag is so bad the eggs are gone by the time I click on them. I hunt on my phone and have been hunting this way for years, but I don't recall having this many trouble catching Haloweens, by the end of the day it got rather easy., especially at 5-min drops where I usually get my new releases. This year the pressure is still on. And today I'm lucky to have the time for hunting otherwise I probably wouldn't catch any at all. 

I look forward to seeing the adults, the sprites are pretty and look interesting, so I'll probably try for a bit more and try trading for the rest. I 100% agree that patience is the name of the game here. 

Can anyone explain to me this minute/hour drop thing? Is it drops every hour and every 5 minutes? It has been so hard to see any eggs today, haven't gotten a single one

11 minutes ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

Hey people, what's happening???

I can't get any new halloween eggs. This never happened in previous years.

I'm worried that it will be impossible to grab any until they vanish.

They're dropping but there is a lag, so you need to refresh a tad bit longer and hope for the best. I only managed to cath an egg every few tries and have been on it for quite some time... honestly, it's turning into a chore in a way. :P

I guess I won't get any eggs this year.  😥

I have to work and don't have all the time to be hunting. What a disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Can anyone explain to me this minute/hour drop thing? Is it drops every hour and every 5 minutes? It has been so hard to see any eggs today, haven't gotten a single one

There are very short drops every 5 min and a regular short drop every hour. Just camp in the Cave and refresh like crazy every 5 min and you'll see them. Good luck! 

Just now, stagazer_7 said:

There are very short drops every 5 min and a regular short drop every hour. Just camp in the Cave and refresh like crazy every 5 min and you'll see them. Good luck! 

I see! Like lets say right now its 5 pm, so refresh 5h5 pm, 5h10 pm, 5h15 pm..etc?