TJ09

2023-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 hour ago, Chorsana said:

Snagged two and made sure they were opposite genders, definitely gonna be breeding next year. Something seems to be buggy, however. When I clicked on the eggs in the cave, I kept on getting the message that I was too late, until suddenly I was egglocked apparently. I literally wasn't notified about getting my eggs at all, this doesn't seem like it should be happening.

It happens all the time - you clicked and then clicked again and there wasn't time for the "got it" page to show up.

Blood for the blood god

Skulls for the skull throne

Wyrms for the noodle soup

accually got one pretty early, happy Halloween

EDIT: cool they’re leviathans, my first one actually but they’re not going in the noodle soup

Edited by FuecocoBoi09

Little leviathans are adorable. Probably up there among my favorite dragon subtypes. :D

Happy Halloween!

I was able to catch my quota, but the lag is really bad. If you wait for the "got it!" or "you missed!" page to show up, you will find it hard to catch them. I just kept hitting ctrl-R and clicking madly. It didn't even look like the page was refreshing, but I still caught eggs. I am hoping to dump some of these and try for some z-codes later, but it will be hard to do that if the lag stays this bad.

Cute little hatchies! Can't wait to see the adults.

29 minutes ago, darkladyselenity said:

So, it took a full minute for the hour drops to appear, then every biome lagged out and I couldn't catch a single egg. 

People have been complaining about these drops for the better part of a year, and it seems like it's just getting harder and harder to enjoy this site. 

I think I'm done after Christmas. At least with Christmas, everyone is limited to two so there's a chance we can collect those eggs. 

The drops get easier later in the day when people start getting egglocked.

1 hour ago, Chorsana said:

When I clicked on the eggs in the cave, I kept on getting the message that I was too late, until suddenly I was egglocked apparently. I literally wasn't notified about getting my eggs at all, this doesn't seem like it should be happening.

same thing happened with 5 of the 7 eggs I caught. 

still need 1 more later tonight when an egg hatches, but I did fine on mobile data at the 5 min drops, so I’m not worried about grabbing the last egg. 

Edited by mishhelle

I just want my eggs to hatch so I can grab some of these cool new Halloweens. I have to wait 2-9 more hours, booooo.

I'm hoping the lag will improve by the time I'm trying to catch them. It's been really bad for the past few days when I've just been trying to breed my remaining Halloweens.

A lot of the stress comes from people trying to grab them immediately, which while I understand means you're fighting every single other person that wants them early. It'd be alleviated a lot if the Halloween drop went for 48 hours, though...

e: I just don't think a single day is enough time anymore, not for a limited breed. I know where was a suggestion post about this, just can't remember where/when...

Edited by Guillotine

48 Hour drop for Halloween eggs would honestly be pretty awesome; I could collect more bred eggs without worrying about being locked for the new Halloween eggs. XD

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

A lot of the stress comes from people trying to grab them immediately, which while I understand means you're fighting every single other person that wants them early. It'd be alleviated a lot if the Halloween drop went for 48 hours, though...

They’ve been dropping for 11 hours so I don’t think “immediately” applies anymore. But you’re definitely right about the 48 hours. Or just drop more during the 1 day drop, the cave is always empty now after a couple of seconds. I don’t see the point in making these so difficult to grab; it’ll be a full year before anyone can get them again, it’s not like they’re in danger of being too common and people are limited by scroll limits anyway. 

But this has been a problem for the past 14 years, so eh. Not really holding out hope.

I’ve managed to grab some though, my problem is more that I’m egglocked to high heaven. 😅

The lag is exceptionally bad for me, using my iPad. No mouse here, just going from one biome to the next. I have only caught eggs with great effort, none on the hourly drops where I generally don't even see any eggs. I'm not sure why this Halloween it is so hard to catch them.  In general the lag seems bad on the site, whether it's accessing my scroll or the cave.

3 minutes ago, blah said:

They’ve been dropping for 11 hours so I don’t think “immediately” applies anymore. But you’re definitely right about the 48 hours. Or just drop more during the 1 day drop, the cave is always empty now after a couple of seconds. I don’t see the point in making these so difficult to grab; it’ll be a full year before anyone can get them again, it’s not like they’re in danger of being too common and people are limited by scroll limits anyway. 

But this has been a problem for the past 14 years, so eh. Not really holding out hope.

I’ve managed to grab some though, my problem is more that I’m egglocked to high heaven. 😅

TJ did expand the Valentine's drop for one day to three within my time playing, so I wouldn't give up entirely. It's why people know the change is even an option now.

2 minutes ago, blah said:

I managed to get my full clutch, but it was a literal fight. 

I didn't even bother with past eggs this year. The Halloween biome was nothing but blockers every time I checked it. 

Making it a competition to get eggs does nothing, but stress people out. It's becoming more of a headache than it's worth at this point. 

DC has always lagged horribly at the XX:00 mins. mark for me, but, for the past month or so, it has lagged horribly at every XX:X5 mins., too! 😰

I managed to get 8 eggs, but I don't know whether I'll be able to or it'll be worth the effort for next releases.  😞

Edited by Seejey

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Looks like they're leviathans!

Leviathans! Yay! This is exciting, I think I'll like them even more than I thought first. Those gendered hatchlings look fantastic!

Add my name to the list of people who wasn't able to get an egg during the last drop due to lag.  I know it should be easier later on in the day... but the problem with that is that Halloween isn't a holiday that everyone gets off of work for, so if you're at work when the event ends, you're out of luck.  Now is the only time for me to even try for them.  Not complaining, just pointing out a fact.

Edit:  Well, I got one during the most recent drop, but the rest eluded me.  *shrug*

Edited by Lightstorm12000

14 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

TJ did expand the Valentine's drop for one day to three within my time playing, so I wouldn't give up entirely. It's why people know the change is even an option now.

If I remember this right he expanded the Valentine drop because “Valentine is about love and giving” but didn’t expand Halloween because “Halloween is about grabbing as much candy for yourself as you can”. But this was a decade ago so who knows, fingers crossed. 😄

13 minutes ago, darkladyselenity said:

I didn’t even bother with past eggs this year. The Halloween biome was nothing but blockers every time I checked it. 

I caught Crypts and Pitfires without too much trouble but yes, so much, the problem is seeing them in the first place because they’re stuck behind blockers. 

Edited by blah

I am more than happy to give some egg that I managed to get earlier...if they aren't sick. Just fogged them so hopefully they are ok tomorrow. I am not a fan of throwing sick egg at people/AP lol.

Anyway enough rant from me.

The hatchling look so cute. The description The scales on its belly glow faintly with an eerie blue light. makes me think of Bioluminescent dinoflagellates (yes I google the name lol) that I saw on internet. Is this going to be aquatic one? I don't remember ever seeing aquatic Halloween one but I might be wrong. (Feel free to correct me)

The easiest kind of release, both me and my wife got egglocked on the first tries:)

Our recently discovered tweak to our hunting method is a blast! Floods became pleasant easy:) (can't be done on mobile though, we're desktop users, also wired instead of Wifi)

But not enough eggs are generated to support the current whole playerbase's size... Especially together with just one day drop.

Halloweens need to drop for 3 days and Winter+Valentines to have the unnecessary limit gone, it's weird that all holidays don't work identical, inconsistency is confusing. 

Maybe biomes should constantly refill (never be empty or refill 10 seconds after empty, ignore the xx:x5 clock) on holiday drops, small amounts but often (depends on what make lowest lag). Holidays aren't the same as normal releases, and there are a few good sollutions options for them that don't take away from any player, hope TJ will test any very soon.

2 minutes ago, Jack_Lernaean said:

I am more than happy to give some egg that I managed to get earlier...if they aren't sick. Just fogged them so hopefully they are ok tomorrow. I am not a fan of throwing sick egg at people/AP lol.

Anyway enough rant from me.

The hatchling look so cute. The description The scales on its belly glow faintly with an eerie blue light. makes me think of Bioluminescent dinoflagellates (yes I google the name lol) that I saw on internet. Is this going to be aquatic one? I don't remember ever seeing aquatic Halloween one but I might be wrong. (Feel free to correct me)

I’ll take that thank you very much/j

Unfortunately having to give this warning again -

This thread is about the release, not drop mechanics. If you have suggestions for how drops should be handled, take it to the suggestions/requests forum where it belongs. Off topic posts here will be removed. 

Edited by Kaini

23 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

Add my name to the list of people who wasn't able to get an egg during the last drop due to lag.  I know it should be easier later on in the day... but the problem with that is that Halloween isn't a holiday that everyone gets off of work for, so if you're at work when the event ends, you're out of luck.  Now is the only time for me to even try for them.  Not complaining, just pointing out a fact.

Edit:  Well, I got one during the most recent drop, but the rest eluded me.  *shrug*

You'll get them! I don't have the best reflexes when it comes to grabbing eggs, or the fastest connection, but I manged to get all 8 eggs in a half-hour. Don't give up hope!! You CAN do it!! :)

I missed TJ's eggs, but now that I have my own, they're rather pretty! :D  The hatchie's also kinda cute! ❤️ I can't wait to see the adults! :D

Edited by kiramaru7