TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

They are dropping, just going super fast! I can barely get two refreshes in. 

..... And I forgot which biomes I'd already grabbed something in and accidentally grabbed a 2nd 'cold lightning' egg, dang. I'm almost there though, only need a Jungle one!

Yeah ... I haven't caught a single egg yet ... 🙃  

ETA: Finally caught one. 

Edited by missy_

Was just awakened by the sound of thunder and I see that the birthday is upon us. Happy birthday, DC! Gonna try and get these before I have to go to work in a few hours.

9 minutes ago, laevsk said:

I was staring at the 7th egg, wondering if the tealish color could be a green X blue combination (like when you breed Royal Crimson X Royal Blue and get a purple dragon).  Then I noticed the brown area along the right side of the egg, and the tiny dots in the brown which reminded me of the dots on the Siyat dragon egg... So then I wondered if blue Siyat X green Siyat might work.  But the whole feeling of "clawing dread" doesn't seem to go with that, so I'm probably way off the mark.

Does anyone else think TJ and the artists who worked on this are sitting back laughing their heads off as we try to figure this out? *LOL*

Melanie

I don't know about laughing their heads off but luckily we have some very intelligent and thoughtful members here who have shown they love a challenge.  I can fully see TJ and the spriters plotting together and saying "Right, let's see how long it takes you all to sort that one out, then"!

I've tried messing with the URL bar, like how you find the Graveyard, but so far I haven't found anything. I've tried words like "adventure", "quest" and "dungeon".

Sorting the eggs into a group (like forming a party) didn't do anything either.

Thank goodness for top of the hour drops, got the other three I needed ❤️ Now I can go to work without fear

Congratulations on the 16 years TJ, and all you egg hunters. I'm just gonna watch the carnage.

Maybe the dread egg is the main villain of a campaign. Maybe even based on D&D dragon, ya know, because of the frightful presence they have.

Edited by blockEdragon

ok so Two things I just realized:
1) The new eggs are featured on the DM screen on the first posts artwork:

2022-05-21.png.6aa964634f74d2d7903a72824c08bcbc.png

2) Maybe new biome?

1916072549_2022-05-21(1).png.8e9b46564f2c4ebe230174cfb86fbbf4.png<- could fit one right there on these empty islands. Nothing screams new adventure like uncharted territory!

1 minute ago, IzzyCat91 said:

ok so Two things I just realized:
1) The new eggs are featured on the DM screen on the first posts artwork:

2022-05-21.png.6aa964634f74d2d7903a72824c08bcbc.png

Omg I did not notice that.

was also checking the artwork for each biome hoping for like an easter egg clue somewhere. so far no luck 😕

Got my 6, now to figure out how to get #7!

56 minutes ago, laevsk said:

Does anyone else think TJ and the artists who worked on this are sitting back laughing their heads off as we try to figure this out? *LOL*

I had that thought when we had last year's birthday release! Whenever a new mechanic and cryptic wording happens I'm always thinking, okay the people who actually know what's happening must really be enjoying all our frantic guessing. 

It's past 1am and I really should get to bed, maybe you all will have that 7th egg figured out by the time I wake up? lol

The new egg has no views or anything like the Sinomorph. Maybe you have to do something to be able to make it appear on your scroll.

13 minutes ago, rachii.xo said:

does anyone else think this might be a new biome? 

1rnb07b.png<-- here??

yes I had suggested the same thing above but am not 100% sure

🎂Happy Birthday, sweet sixteen! so many eggs! Great!

maybe all new eggs summon to get the strange green one-?

Edited by lamel

Happy 16th birthday! :D 

With the 7th egg, I looked up D&D (theme of the release) + 'dread' (seeing as that's in the description) and everything dread-related in D&D seems to be either about death or sickness of some kind. For example, 'clawing dread' might refer to a Dreadclaw (medium undead). There's also the 'Domains of Dread' which could point to a new biome? I might be overthinking it.