TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

Just now, WWECornSerpent said:

I find the artwork in TJ's opening post of interest...2 dragons with evil grins shooting what appears to be "dragon craps", which might indicate there is some sort of a gamble you need to take to get that 7th egg.  Or maybe I'm just tired from staying up late to grab the new releases (got one of each except for that currently elusive 7th egg).

I think they're playing dnd--but either way, the whole "rolling the dice" idea remains the same. The devious expressions of the dragons definitely stands out to me. 

3 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

Weird thought...Sino X GoN?

Why does that sound so awesome?

ETA: Just tried with all my GoN's. One no interest and two eggs. One black and the other yellow normal. 

Edited by Syiren

1 minute ago, stormydreams said:

I think they're playing dnd--but either way, the whole "rolling the dice" idea remains the same. The devious expressions of the dragons definitely stands out to me. 

I've never played dnd which may be why I didn't catch the connection.  With luck, when I get up in the morning, the mystery will be solved.

Will there have some certain goals that need to be met in order to increase it Views/ UV?

6 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I can only hope to roll a Nat 20 for luck. lol.

+1. XD

4 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

I find the artwork in TJ's opening post of interest...2 dragons with evil grins shooting what appears to be "dragon craps", which might indicate there is some sort of a gamble you need to take to get that 7th egg.

It's a tabletop gaming setup, not a craps setup--the twitter announcement alt text for the image is "Two dragon silhouettes behind a DM screen overlooking a tabletop that contains a map of the Dragon Cave world." which makes me think there's likely to be something more than the usual mechanics at play here.

Edited by KageSora

5 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

I find the artwork in TJ's opening post of interest...2 dragons with evil grins shooting what appears to be "dragon craps", which might indicate there is some sort of a gamble you need to take to get that 7th egg.  Or maybe I'm just tired from staying up late to grab the new releases (got one of each except for that currently elusive 7th egg).

HaHa.  I thought they were in a cereal bowl. LOL 😆  I have no imagination.

30 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Wait! I found a clue! It's got to be a summon of some kind, look at it's views and clicks!
unknown.png

All ( - ) Just like another summon dragon!

unknown.png

Now we just gotta figure out which set calls this new dragon forth!

Yep, my thoughts exactly when I saw the dash marks. Can’t wait to see them!

Happy birthday DC! 🥳

Edit: I’m thinking the new birthday eggs summon the seventh egg. Similar to the Zyus with Sinomorph.

Edited by Solaries

4 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

Weird thought...Sino X GoN?

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

ETA: Just tried with all my GoN's. One no interest and two eggs. One black and the other yellow normal. 

I got a blue zyu egg.  Only have one GoN and one Sino so I can't try any others.

Doesn't entirely rule it out since we could just be unlucky, but I'm thinking unlikely unless even as a new release they're extremely hard to obtain.

Happy B.day!
WTG for a collectors click page. I love it!

Just now, KageSora said:

I got a blue zyu egg.  Only have one GoN and one Sino so I can't try any others.

Doesn't entirely rule it out since we could just be unlucky, but I'm thinking unlikely unless even as a new release they're extremely hard to obtain.

I tried it as well...red Zyu egg.  It was worth a try!

Just now, WWECornSerpent said:

I tried it as well...red Zyu egg.  It was worth a try!

definitely. Wasn't there a famous person that once said, "The greatest success comes after many failures." or something like that? We'll never know unless we try. :)

Has anyone tried with Stats? I would but I just bred most of mine the other night for a lineage project. 

Oh heck, new eggs!

Happy 16th birthday Dragcave, you're finally old enough for a driver's license 😛

Well the hourly drop was a heck of a lot better than the 5 minute drops have been. I only need to get one from the Forest plus the 7th one nobody knows how to get right now.

I have never gotten a CB Stat. Never seen one in the cave or gotten anything valuable enough to trade. 

This new thing is interesting though.  I'd be a bit surprised if the new eggies summoned the 7th, since one is... a pygmy? I have no imagination, so hopefully someone will figure it out soon!

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Has anyone tried with Stats? I would but I just bred most of mine the other night for a lineage project. 

Oooh, that's an idea!  But what to breed them with is the question.  I can't test with GoN or Sino until next week since I've just got one of each of those and one Stat, but...

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Oooh, that's an idea!  But what to breed them with is the question.  I can't test with GoN or Sino until next week since I've just got one of each of those and one Stat, but...

I tried GoN/Stat and got a xeno, so it probably isn't that?

Hm... some of these eggs have suspiciously DnD themes too, what with the "reckless" pygmy (barbarian, anyone?), the shady one evoking the idea of a rogue. The green one has leaves -> druid, lightning one sorcerer? Not sure about the breezy one, the gold bits look kind of like a knight helmet though, so maybe paladin or something, or the tapping one. Interested to see what they become! And, of course, how to get the fancy one on the end. 👀

Edited by BubblesAreShiny

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Honestly hoping it's not Stateraes since they're already pretty difficult to obtain.

I'm wondering if you need the new ones from the biomes to get the 7th, like a boss monster summoned by the smaller monsters.

Not Stat X Sino.  Just hope you don't have to earthquake or kill a Stat egg (changes it like Pitfire).

Happy birthday.

But nothing is dropping at the 5-minute mark ...

Happy Birthday, DC!!

I can't grab a single egg. The last drop was gone in a single refresh!! Guess I'll try in the morning...