TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

Happy Birthday to all the players, artists, mods and TJ! It's wonderful to see the Cave persevering with all the insanity of the last few years.

💖❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖💜💙💚💛🧡❤️💖🥰

Sixteen YEARS, wow. (I've "only" been here for 14 of them, but gosh they flew by!)

Happy birthday DC! :wub:

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Hmm. Gemshards and Firegems were first to come to mind, but not totally sure that makes sense based on the egg/description. We have plenty of 'sets' (Coppers, Cantors, etc) but not sure what would fit. The idea of it having something to do with a holiday dragon is both really exciting and terrifying, lol.

Fire Gems were what came to mind for me from appearance, but I would think that if it was related to one of those multi-color breeds we might see more than one color variation.  There is, however, no sort of "summon" option for Fire Gems.  I cannot confirm on Gemshards as I don't have a full set of adults of each color.

I can't think of any specific dragons from visuals that would be likely parents or "summon" style group-generation but then, there's no reason to assume the egg resembles anything that the generating breeds look like, it could be wildly different.

It's also possible it's some sort of new breed that you get when you use a BSA on an existing one?  Or maybe an entirely new mechanic's been added we have to find?  (That would fit the "Adventure" idea but...)

1 minute ago, alyelle said:

(I've "only" been here for 14 of them, but gosh they flew by!)

This is so interesting, if I think about it I realize I remember most every single new release that I've been around for (even though my memory about real-life experiences often sucks!). 

9 minutes ago, Syiren said:

It feels like a hybrid of some kind.... maybe even a new Summon BSA maybe?

This was my initial thought; they may function the same way as the elemental trio (Ice/Thunder/Magma eggs) or Zyumorphs. 

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Dragon Cave!

Thanks, TJ for the enjoyment that you continue to provide for so many people.

And thanks to everyone else who has helped in any way over the years.

Wait! I found a clue! It's got to be a summon of some kind, look at it's views and clicks!
unknown.png

All ( - ) Just like another summon dragon!

unknown.png

Now we just gotta figure out which set calls this new dragon forth!

It's not gemshards, I can confirm. I had no BSA for them. 

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Wait! I found a clue! It's got to be a summon of some kind, look at it's views and clicks!
unknown.png

unknown.png

Good eye!  Maybe the new ones?

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

It didn't even occur to me to think that maybe the 7th egg would be summoned by the other 6 new ones! Dang, if that's true we won't know for sure for awhile. 

edit: That could tie in to 'adventures', too, since you have to 'travel' to all 6 biomes to collect the 6 breeds...

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Hah!  that would honestly be really interesting, force us all to wait until we have an adult of each of the new drops in order to get it.

6 minutes ago, Syiren said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

That's because Sinomorphs show up as adults. I'm pretty sure Littol trees are the same, as they're instantly frozen.

Hm.. this is super interesting even as a potential summon. The Sino doesn't have views/clicks because it's summoned as an adult already., so doesn't grow- summons that do grow (guardian of nature) get views from what I remember. The only other similar thing is the leetle tree, which is immediately frozen so doesn't grow.  As an egg this one probably should grow? It's also definitely tracking being viewed somehow, as it was able to get sick

Strange... it still has a timer until death, too. 

I also think it might be important that we must go on "adventures" to get this particular egg. Not sure what exactly that could mean, though...

Edited by stormydreams

1 minute ago, ravensunset said:

As an egg this one probably should grow? It's also definitely tracking being viewed somehow, as it was able to get sick

I wonder, then, if this is a case of "there's now a breed in the cave that will transform into a different breed if you get X number of views while it's an egg"?  But then, yellow saphs have numbers...

Hm, the mystery deepens!

Happy birthday DC!

Some D&D/ TRPG eggs? Looks funny.

Not sure how many egg should get for every variant. 1?

5 minutes ago, stormydreams said:

Strange... it still has a timer until death, too. 

I also think it might be important that we must go on "adventures" to get this particular egg. Not sure what exactly that could mean, though...

Yeah, there's definitely *something* with how this egg behaves that requires specific behavior of some sort--we just need to figure out what.

My goodness those drops are going fast! I managed to get two towards the start but now I can barely even click they are going so fast. DC's Birthday is always such an active time around here, lol. 

Sheesh, haven't been able to pick up a single egg, even though I've been here since the 12:00 drop! Gotta work on my lightning refreshing skills :) 

I'm definitely scratching my head at this one for sure. Leetle Tree and Sino are both frozen, yet the GoN is clearly a growing egg. If this mystery does revolve around the adventurous aspect hence this theme.... I can only hope to roll a Nat 20 for luck. lol.

I find the artwork in TJ's opening post of interest...2 dragons with evil grins shooting what appears to be "dragon craps", which might indicate there is some sort of a gamble you need to take to get that 7th egg.  Or maybe I'm just tired from staying up late to grab the new releases (got one of each except for that currently elusive 7th egg).

The Mystery Egg is so interesting because it doesn't quite fit any clear pattern.  It lacks visible views like a Sino, but it's clearly an egg you grow like the GoN (yet TJ's GoN has views)

Dragons that require a BSA, are Hybrids, or require a set number of views to turn all show as having views rather than the blanks.

This might indicate that there's some sort of new mechanic introduced that we have to uncover.  Which would be in keeping with the adventure theme.  But it could also simply be a case of misdirection, and/or just to keep us from easily puzzling out what needs to be done.