TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

So, while I think there's a decent chance that there'll be a mechanic involving the other 6 ("party") dragons to get the 7th ("DM") dragon...  I wonder if it'll be more involved than just a simple Summon action?  The OP hints at "adventure", perhaps some new mechanic or feature unlocked once you have all of them?  Or, possibly, once TJ's mature?  Then again, the "adventure" could simply be the "catch and raise them, then use the "summon" option to get the 7th".  It really hinges on exactly what "adventure" is mean to indicate--something deeper or just a fun way to talk about "yeah catch and raise these like you do the others"?

9 minutes ago, Joya said:

Yes not sure I was just clicking like nuts 😳

Anyway seems I will have to wait 5 hours before I can abandon an egg, would be sorry to have to do that but I will have to do that get at least 2 free slots..

How long will the eggs be dropping? Hope it will not be too late

7th egg may be perhaps a breed of some of the six ones? (guess :))

Don't abandon them, try trading them instead. There will be lots of other people who have mis- or doubleclicked. 

I always fill up my slots with AP eggs and leave only the number of slots free that I want to fill with a certain breed. Then I click like mad. When I got my egg(s), I abandon the next number of AP eggs to free up slots, and repeat the clicking in the next biome. That way, I can't catch too many of one type. 

Edited by HPhaeton
wrong word

1 minute ago, Joya said:

How long will the eggs be dropping? Hope it will not be too late

7th egg may be perhaps a breed of some of the six ones? (guess :))

I assume they're here to stay, though we have no idea what their rarity will be.  If they're relatively common then it won't be too hard to get them after the dedicated drops stop.  I can't recall how long those last, though, before reverting to the usual mingled drops of everything.

Oooh, that'd be interesting if the 7th was a hybrid from 2 of the others!

Happy 16th Birthday DC!

I managed to catch one of each at the top of the hour. No clue about D&D and my son (the expert one lol) is snoring, so I will rely on the cleverness of you lot on how to get the mysterious 7th egg :D

Hope these are not rare eggs, I NEED at least a pair of each, but slots limit 🙄

17 minutes ago, KageSora said:

So, while I think there's a decent chance that there'll be a mechanic involving the other 6 ("party") dragons to get the 7th ("DM") dragon...  I wonder if it'll be more involved than just a simple Summon action?  The OP hints at "adventure", perhaps some new mechanic or feature unlocked once you have all of them?  Or, possibly, once TJ's mature?  Then again, the "adventure" could simply be the "catch and raise them, then use the "summon" option to get the 7th".  It really hinges on exactly what "adventure" is mean to indicate--something deeper or just a fun way to talk about "yeah catch and raise these like you do the others"?

That's what I was hoping for as well! Maybe you have to form an adventuring party - the "adventure" itself could just be a narrative thing, or it could be an actual minigame/story like we've seen in some of the holiday events.... sounds like an intense mechanic, but hey, it's the birthday release, so who knows?

1 minute ago, Stormphoenix42 said:

That's what I was hoping for as well! Maybe you have to form an adventuring party - the "adventure" itself could just be a narrative thing, or it could be an actual minigame/story like we've seen in some of the holiday events.... sounds like an intense mechanic, but hey, it's the birthday release, so who knows?

It would be interesting if it were a semi-interactive means of introducing a new mechanic or something to the site, but that might also be way overthinking it, haha.

Happy birthday to DC! Wow, it's already been 16 years. @_@ 

Anyways, all I need are an Alpine and a Coast. Of course, once they hatch, I'll have to prowl for a 2nd to get a m/f pair.

25 minutes ago, Kiyoura said:

Happy birthday to DC! Wow, it's already been 16 years. @_@ 

Anyways, all I need are an Alpine and a Coast. Of course, once they hatch, I'll have to prowl for a 2nd to get a m/f pair.

Count yourself lucky; my scroll goals call for two pairs of everything.... Ideally, FOUR pairs !

So what if, to summon the DM and actually be able to run the party properly you'll have to work out the 6 other dragons schedule and find that one day of the month were none of them have exams, appointments, late night shifts, date night, suddenly feel sick or forgot to bring their character sheet. :P Typical roleplay group shenanigans.

I hope that is not it and it will actually just be a summon like for zyus and sinos or something similar in terms of difficulty at least. A short text adventure would be a really fun mechanic aswell.

1 hour ago, Joya said:

Yes thank you, that seems to be working much much better didn't know!

But somehow I ended u p with double of some eggs and now my limit is full, how did this happen??
image.png.14053870575b701d088f7ccbddd6d469.png

I got 5 different ones, but 3 duplicates

There is a different new egg in each of the 6 biomes, thus 6 new eggs.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

When did egg seven turn teal? I could have sworn it was a reddish shade when I saw it at 2 a.m. :blink:

Do you perhaps use a blue light filter for your computer/phone at night? 😹

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!  Managed to pick up 4 lovely new eggs - but now I'm full!  Really need to get that silver trophy . . .

6 hours ago, Shadowsearcher said:

seems to be impossible for me to catch any.

same- i'm so worried about the drops stopping before i can get them

Man, these drops are rough lol. I can't even catch one of them. Hopefully they're cheap in the market because at the rate I'm going that's where I'll be getting mine.

57 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Count yourself lucky; my scroll goals call for two pairs of everything.... Ideally, FOUR pairs !

lol! Well, at minimum I want a pair of every CB, but I generally try to go for more. And I eventually stop collecting CBs when I don't use the last few for breedings.

Okay sorting wise, the ones from the forest go right after Astaarus. The ones from the jungle go right after Falconiform. The Desert ones go right after the Frostbites. The alpine ones go right after the Thunders. The only one I'm not sure about are the volcano's since I'm scroll locked at the moment and can't get those.

WB

21 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

same- i'm so worried about the drops stopping before i can get them

Me too-the flood will end sometime, I think.

4 hours ago, Shadowsearcher said:

Me too-the flood will end sometime, I think.

i have seen that the hourly drops give a better chance than the 5 min ones. so i hope we can get some then hhhhhhh

They ARE a permanent release, guys....

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But not always as easy to catch after the release.  If it wasn't for the Market, I would have zero CB Staterae and only some of the various CB Cantormaris.  And don't even get me started on the metallics!

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

4 hours ago, WWECornSerpent said:

But not always as easy to catch after the release.  If it wasn't for the Market, I would have zero CB Staterae and only some of the various CB Cantormaris.  And don't even get me started on the metallics!

^this, i can nebver find what im looking for after the release mass drops, for months sometimes. So yeah
missing the actual drops worries me, as it should lol