TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

I tried 4 full parties (mixed genders, 2 went for the male BBEG and 2 for the female BBEG) and all of them failed. :lol: I guess it's not my lucky day. Need to catch more, probably. Good luck to everyone else!

5 hours ago, Solaries said:

I’m on my iPad and I toggled ON for Request Desktop Website. I was able to highlight two dragons—wasn’t successful in highlighting more, though.

Also, tried adventuring while egglocked and failed three times.

My default is Desktop, but I tried Mobile as well, in case that helped, and sadly no go for either option. Good luck with your next attempts!

They keep telling me one dragon cannot be found? If I add only 2 to the party it works, but I can only highlight 3 and then it tells me they cannot be found.

Why????

4 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Also I failed to summon a female Scourgekeeper with a fully female party, so if gender does influence your chance, it doesn't guarantee it the way a single-gender Zyu set guarantees the Sino's gender.

I didn't even realize the Zyu set 'could' affect the Sino's gender. I never paid attention. Out of the 10 I have 6 are male, so it's pretty much even split. I either got lucky and did it right without knowing or the gender ratio balanced itself out. 

This new mechanic system sounds more and more fun with all the elements. This has been an awesome birthday release. And I'm so thankful it's not as overwhelming as last time. The dragons were amazing, but only so many egg slots and too many pretties. This time is a totally different encounter. 

Thank you to everyone who made it happen. Mods, Artists, TJ, y'all rocked this year. Not many click sites can say their pride and joy is old enough for its driver's license. :D

Edited by Syiren
typos... wow.

47 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Well, I just tried it and can confirm: It is possible.

BBEG.jpg.008c03fa19e58b01de6e0a717c6c65d3.jpg

Got 3 out of 8 tries. I consider this a success. I also tried breeding a pair of them and they gave no egg. BUT they also didn't outright refuse each other so maybe that means we might be able to create PB lineages?

Ohh, nice! Congrats!

Also, shouldn't it be "villain", not "villian"? :lol:

19 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Ohh, nice! Congrats!

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Also, shouldn't it be "villain", not "villian"? :lol:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. The text also uses the plural a couple of times eventhough only one dragon was used but I suppose it is too difficult to have the code distinguish here between a party of one and an actual party. XD

So I tried twice, once with 3 adventurers and once with 4. Both fails. Trying to figure out if which types you choose makes a difference, if you don't use all 6. Like, the group has to be balanced in strengths/weaknesses or whatever. 

It's awesome to see people succeeding, and with different tactics. This is something I most likely won't remember to do every 2 weeks on the dot but it's an interesting mechanic. 

I succeeded with two male dragons against a female enemy; it really makes me wonder if the genders of the dragons play an important role here

image.png.0f62a0fb6cc1d4f032b3a01755480781.png

Edit: can also confirm successful summons 'retire' the used dragons.

image.png.38fc903a43dcf353136e3a1a138d1c98.png

Edited by Myoukin

Got 3/8 successes as well when I tried each of my adults solo. I linked them in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread if anyone wants to see them. The successes were with female Murkling vs female Scourgekeeper, male Astralophyne versus male Scourgekeeper, and female Fanalea versus female Scourgekeeper.

Edited by songwithnosoul

I felt motivated from all the successes here, so I just went ahead and ventured my first try despite being scroll locked. To my surprise I was lucky^^

adventure1.png.3de530ddb95794e9f5db578da5f61e74.png

My so far only grown up female though was too absent minded xD

adventure2.png.a27161ee19542b856137aa1ac558f23d.png

Success with just two, happily! Decided to go with a less obvious battle combo of a Pyrrhichios and Fanalea.

Would still really like a solution to the issue of not being able to highlight multiple dragons for adventuring on an iPad, though.

I have one full set almost mature, a second full set of eggs and a couple eggs of a third set. I am kind of confused on how to get the 7th egg though. Are there multiple ways to achieve that?

41 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

Got 3/8 successes as well when I tried each of my adults solo. I linked them in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread if anyone wants to see them. The successes were with female Murkling vs female Scourgekeeper, male Astralophyne versus male Scourgekeeper, and female Fanalea versus female Scourgekeeper.

That’s a really good success rate, better than my pairs of adventurers!

47 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Edit: can also confirm successful summons 'retire' the used dragons.

image.png.38fc903a43dcf353136e3a1a138d1c98.png

Edited 43 minutes ago by Myoukin

That is really good to know!

My first attempt failed but I should be able to try with my second set this weekend.

59 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I succeeded with two male dragons against a female enemy; it really makes me wonder if the genders of the dragons play an important role here

Tried the same combo and failed!

After my above 1 success and 1 fail I tried three more, 1 x single and 2 x double parties, all failed (male/s against a female).

I have a feeling there is no straight "recipe", there's also RNG dice rolling involved XD

Edited by Su_Halcon

Can someone explain how we determine whether it is a male or female?

Also, how many dragons does it take to go on an adventure?

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Can someone explain how we determine whether it is a male or female?

Also, how many dragons does it take to go on an adventure?

You're able to pick whether you go after a male or female by choosing the gender at the bottom (after selecting your party).

From the looks of things, you can take anywhere between one to six dragons per try.

8 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

You're able to pick whether you go after a male or female by choosing the gender at the bottom (after selecting your party).

From the looks of things, you can take anywhere between one to six dragons per try.

Awesome! Thanks. :) 

Now I have another challenge…

I'm on an iPad and, from what I've read, no one has figured out how to select more than one adventure companion.  🧐

For those having issues on iOS, I've seen people saying two finger press / tap? works for selecting multiples. I don't have one of these devices to try it myself, though. 

7 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

For those having issues on iOS, I've seen people saying two finger press / tap? works for selecting multiples. I don't have one of these devices to try it myself, though. 

That actually worked for me! 

Unfortunately, my guys failed their adventure:

CC38CA71-B7B4-4864-9C44-26D00D2DA5F0.thumb.jpeg.436456efded9c3b293e5c58c8786c1eb.jpeg

ETA: forgot to mention my party was all male and I was trying to summon a male.

15 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Yes! Took a bit of experimenting (and I had to do it on dragons to add to a group, as all my Adventurers are pooped out for a couple of weeks), but a single finger tap on the first choice, and then a two finger tap on further choices worked! Thank you! 🎉