TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

Thinking of names...the sneaky coast ones that are presumably rogue-inspired have a pretty narrow range of possibilities. Maybe something with hooded? 

I was wondering if it was a strange type of hybrid too, when I woke up and, looking at its markings, wondered which twin heads might give rise to it. My first thought was Blancback with Nexus. That turned up nothing.

Then there's the Geminae and the Gilded Bloodscale. That only gave me another Geminae. Their descriptions are similar to this new mystery, but looks like a dead end to that idea.

btw, I have a friend who's a dungeon master. She's trying to figure out this mystery too. She also told me that I seem like a rare cross between a barbarian and a Druid? I myself have never played DnD, but I want to. Since it's just me and my DM friend who lost her playing party when she moved, she said it's impossible to play with just us two. But once our friend from Germany moves over here to the States we can try a campaign. I'm excited for it.

That one bit seemed off topic, and I'm sorry. When I'm trying to figure things out it leads to a blender of other thoughts. It is how I figure things out sometimes. 

Dang this new dragon is tricky. I did roll my D20 and got a 9 for luck. I feel like the only kindness from that was getting splashed with mud rather than tripping into a hunter's trap. lol.

I'm thinking the 7th dragon is going to be similar to the Sinomorphs.  They also don't have views after being summoned.

Happiest of birthdays, DC! Great presents :D

Caught one of each... now to discover what #7 is...

Edited by deblogan

XD  Happy Birthday Dragon Cave 🐉💕 LOL I first saw about this at Twitter. LOL I always like hanging around dragon cave and getting the new eggs. I love my Dragons. ❤️  😉   

Alpine feels either wizardly or something wild magic? I don't know much about DnD. 

Was very weird last night when the egg that has no views began cracking sooner than any of the eggs with views, lol.

What fun! 

How about.. once you have all 6 dragons, you get an option like summon, but instead called roll a dice. 

Maybe you get a different egg of each 6 for a different throw number bracket, with the 7th reserved for a d20 throw?? 

I'm going with some sort of action that sees all 6 dragons combine to do something though definitely and liking the fact that you can still keep the breeding rules, but still use all 6 as a group to do something :)

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave 

It's been like watching someone grow up, I've known you since you were 2 and now you hit sweet 16 ❤️❤️

Edited by nerys

Happy birthday, DC, and many happy returns!

Got the eggs, now where's that 7th biome?

Come on, there must be another biome, we've been talking about this for years! <hope on>

Dang, i want to have 2 of each but with only 8 egg spaces... I hope its not a one day thing :"D

Congrats to 16 years!

Glad and happy to be part of it.
Now off to the hunt and hopefully getting a few eggs.

Update: My DM/GM friend just notified me. She's gone through every species minus these 6 new ones and none of them have a "Summon" option. So we can assume that it very more than likely involves these new guys.

I don’t play D&D but these hatchies are absolutely gorgeous. SO excited to see the adults!

14 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

Awesome!

This pleasant egg was placed in the path of a refreshing breeze. Forest. Sorts between Astaarus and Avea.

This shady egg seems to be lurking just out of sight. Coast. Sorts between Honey Drake and Hooktalon.

This egg has delicate markings that curl around its shell. Jungle. Sorts between Falconiform and Fell.

Grabbing this tiny egg makes you feel reckless. Desert. Sorts between Frostbite and Galvanic.

When you tap on this shell, the hatchling inside taps back. Volcano. Sorts between Pyrovar and Radients.

Cold lightning arcs out from this egg’s shell if you try to touch it. Alpine. Sorts between Thunder and Tideweaver.

I've been trying to look up words that could be part of the breed name, so far I've come up with these:

Forest: something with Aura, as aura is Latin for breeze. It will likely also be a Cleric or Druid as the hatchling description has it "studying magic and curative plants".

Coast: something with Honor or Hood, as they both work for a Rogue. Honorless, honor among thieves, "hooded"? Could also be "hoodlum" since the hatchling likes to play mean tricks on others.

Jungle: something Far or Fast, as both work for a Ranger. It definitely is a Ranger rather than a Druid since its hatchling description calls it "watchful, and good at blending in with the foliage". Rangers are known for needing to blend in, while Druids are less "you're not supposed to see me" and more "I'm one with nature".

Desert: something with Frustrate or Fury, since both work for a Barbarian. The hatchling becomes fierce when it gets upset and frustration tends to be the end result of getting upset, though fury would flow better in a breed name.

Volcano: this one's tough, the only ones I could think of were Quest, Question, Quick, Quirk and Racket. None of them really work for a Bard that well. Hatchling strikes up a drumbeat when it gets excited, so could be a non-English word that has to do with drumming?

Alpine: easily Thunder-something. Hatchling's "wild bursts of magic leave ice crystalizing all over the place", so possibly Thunder Sleet or Thundersnow which are real terms?

Seventh: not quite sure since we don't know where it sorts. Hatchling "seems to enjoy setting traps for unsuspecting passersby".

Too bad we have no Artificer, Blood Hunter, Monk or Paladin dragons to go with these.

Edited by Beldarius

7 minutes ago, Beldarius said:

Volcano: this one's tough, the only ones I could think of were Quest, Question, Quick, Quirk and Racket. None of them really work for a Bard that well. Hatchling strikes up a drumbeat when it gets excited, so could be a non-English word that has to do with drumming?

Quinto is a type of smaller drum, so maybe something like that?

5 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Do you perhaps use a blue light filter for your computer/phone at night? 😹

Not that I'm aware of, but anything's possible! ;)

Stage twos are lovely, too! :D

D&D inspired dragons is hilarious to me, cuz I've been binge watching Critical Role like crazy lately XD

4 minutes ago, blackhilllife said:

So the 7th dragon is 2 headed?

*zooms in and squints* Good lord, it is a two headed! That second head was really hard to see lol

1 minute ago, DragonNeko said:

*zooms in and squints* Good lord, it is a two headed! That second head was really hard to see lol

Dang, I was kinda hoping we would see a cool metal prize mate. Oh well!

10 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

D&D inspired dragons is hilarious to me, cuz I've been binge watching Critical Role like crazy lately XD

I've yet to watch Critical Role - I intend to binge-watch everything once I'm done with my thesis.

In the meantime I've been reading every 5e book I've got my hands on, just so I can create characters to play with. (As I'm a librarian, my favorite idea is a Rogue who owns a bookstore, and also steals rare books for clients for a fee. Essentially a kind of bookseller phantom thief.)

I'm going to name my Coast Rogue after him. 👌

Edited by Beldarius

8 minutes ago, blackhilllife said:

So the 7th dragon is 2 headed?

Two-headed? Awesome! From the new sky or island biome. :D

Seriously, please not another summoned critter. There must be other exciting ways to get new dragons.

Gendered hatchies look great. I was expecting the mystery of the 7th one to be discovered by now, but I guess not.

13 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

I never did finish Critical Role, but I DID watch all of the current Vox Machina!