TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

7 minutes ago, Zack said:

What if it has the same method as a phoenix? Like a phoenix rising from the ashes and gaining new life? Arising from the ashes as a new egg after 24hrs? Phoenix was associated with the sun. So it can be retrieved the next morning or something.. Crazy right? 

😁

I like that idea very much  👍  I hope that is how we can get the seventh new egg.  :)  

phoenix.jpg

15 minutes ago, Zack said:

What if it has the same method as a phoenix? Like a phoenix rising from the ashes and gaining new life? Arising from the ashes as a new egg after 24hrs? Phoenix was associated with the sun. So it can be retrieved the next morning or something.. Crazy right? 

😁

Funnily enough, my boyfriend suggested the same thing LIERALLY right before I got to your post XD (no he does not play DC OR DnD lol)

You know what else is interesting, on the wiki, the egg sequences for the nr's are fogged out in places:

Lightning, Shady, and Reckless have stage 1 missing (so does the Green Delicate egg)

Breezy and the "bard" eggs have stages 1 & 3 missing

Mystery egg has stages 1 2 3 and "dead: missing

O.o ?

WELL - only TJs eggs were available, so if the wiki people didn't happen to see the mystery ones at stages 1,2 and 3... and neither of them died, so...

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WELL - only TJs eggs were available, so if the wiki people didn't happen to see the mystery ones at stages 1,2 and 3... and neither of them died, so...

Ah fair point, I suppose (am really grasping for clues now lol)

Speaking of, on the main post the screen the dragons are behind has an image on it...am back to thinking about a new biome because that screen image, kind looks like the view you would see looking out from that blank spot on the map mentioned on previous pages. (the blank islands in the middle right of the map) Maybe?

3 hours ago, blackmagicrose said:

I managed to snag one egg from each biome instantly. Kind of a nice surprise since I am really sick right now. Now to figure out the 7th egg. I am still missing dragons from last years anniversary. I have been on this game since it was pretty new. I love collecting the eggs and seeing the dragons they change into. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!!!! 🎉🎂💗🥳🎈🐉

If you have accumulated enough market shards, you can buy breeds you missed in the marketplace (when you go to the cave, at the top right of the page, next to your profile name, that number with the little shard icon).

That might also help, I would have never gotten Staterae Xenos without the market.

Happy Birthday DC - great job by TJ and all the artists who helped create this fantastic game!

As for the new mystery dragon - what if they live somewhere underground? Would fit with the crystals and that they are not directly visible? Now we probably need to figure out where we can access this possible Underground Biome...

25 minutes ago, KakashiMorph said:

If you have accumulated enough market shards, you can buy breeds you missed in the marketplace (when you go to the cave, at the top right of the page, next to your profile name, that number with the little shard icon).

That might also help, I would have never gotten Staterae Xenos without the market.

Thank you. Last time I looked it didn't have them available for me and now it does. LOL. Still have no idea on the new mystery egg. LOL

5 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

I like that idea very much  👍  I hope that is how we can get the seventh new egg.  :)  

phoenix.jpg

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Funnily enough, my boyfriend suggested the same thing LIERALLY right before I got to your post XD (no he does not play DC OR DnD lol)

You know what else is interesting, on the wiki, the egg sequences for the nr's are fogged out in places:

Lightning, Shady, and Reckless have stage 1 missing (so does the Green Delicate egg)

Breezy and the "bard" eggs have stages 1 & 3 missing

Mystery egg has stages 1 2 3 and "dead: missing

O.o ?

Haha... i'm going to test it anyway

And I don't play any other games except this one. So Idk about DnD. But after Izzy mentioned about wiki I checked it.

So these are the possibilities...

AddText_05-22-04.07.32.jpg

AddText_05-22-03.53.11.jpg

5 hours ago, Reykur said:

I'd assume that the alpine egg just has a new and unique dead egg sprite. Being a magic user it may be a funny take on them sometimes blowing things up, or accidentally zapping things. Including themselves. Makes me think of wild mage which probably is the best but most annoying thing a party can have. xD 

What's the point of it if it's going to disappear after a few days? ☹️

Edited by Zack

1 hour ago, Zack said:

😁

Oh, that would be very interesting!

Oh, GON. I like  phoenixes, but I really hope we don't have to sacrifice our dragons to get the new secret ones. That's nerve-wracking enough for pitfires (and I accidentally ended up permanently killing one of those,too).

9 hours ago, Talisraye said:

Unless this person has a different scroll than their forum name, their eggs are all the normal ones. 

interesting.

As a long time gamer, I'm betting there is a dungeon crawl or other "adventure" to retrieve the last egg.  Something to release or Summon the egg from where it's 'lost' or something. No new biome required, just a new action they take.

And while characters die in games, I don't think TJ would require a sacrifice. For zombie and ND, many of us are willing to, but not everyone is, and I don't see a birthday dragon being put out of reach like that.

48 minutes ago, Zack said:

What's the point of it if it's going to disappear after a few days? ☹️

Just for the fun I guess? Unless it turns out there is in fact more to it. ^^
But same could be said about all egg sprites. We can never keep them anywas and some breeds do have unique cracking sequences. Depending on when you are online you will not even see them happen for your own eggs.

If we actually have to sacrifice that cute little alpine dragon to get the DM then I'll not get a lot of them if any. 😨

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC! And a big thank you to everyone involved in bringing us this relaxing game, may it last many more years.

I love the D&D theme of this release, gives me something to do between waiting for new episodes of Vival la Dirt League's NPC D&D videos. :wub:

So that 7th egg... the fact that no one has figured it out yet makes me lean towards the theory that we need adults of the other 6 new breeds. Which gives me hope for a cool new mechanic but I also hate waiting. XD I guess the hybrid theory is out the window, I tried various combinations of two-headeds and Xenos (because those dragons behind the screen in the picture gave me Xeno vibes) with no luck.

I am wondering... the Alpine egg, you can see the hatchling peek trough in stage 5 of the egg... one set of eyes. In the mystery egg, the same eyes are visible in stage five, but two set of eyes? All the other eggs are 'normal'. Maybe coincidence... but my gut feeling says there is more to it (but what, i don't know)

May_lightning_crack_5.gif May_dread_crack_5.png

5 hours ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

Okay so, it didn't happen on purpose, I was just a dumb, but all of the new eggs I caught died. And the electric one you catch in the alpine biome... well the dead egg sprite shows up not as the usual dead egg shell but a pile of ash with a tiny plume of smoke over it. I don't know if this is new info or can lead to the seventh egg, but it's weird.

https://dragcave.net/view/TSceY

Sorry about your dead eggs. :(

But I have to confess that little pile of ash made me chuckle. It takes 'new dead egg sprite' to a whole different look.

20 minutes ago, Cynatica said:

I am wondering... the Alpine egg, you can see the hatchling peek trough in stage 5 of the egg... one set of eyes. In the mystery egg, the same eyes are visible in stage five, but two set of eyes? All the other eggs are 'normal'. Maybe coincidence... but my gut feeling says there is more to it (but what, i don't know) 

No mystery about that - it's a two-headed dragon, so it's got two pairs of eyes. ;)

23 minutes ago, Astreya said:

@Shadowsearcher @Talisraye

Or it was a glitch? We had glitches with wrong eggs before.

hmmm

55 minutes ago, Cynatica said:

May_lightning_crack_5.gif May_dread_crack_5.png

I also feel like this is the (first?) set of eggs that have visible hatchlings inside.

36 minutes ago, Shadowsearcher said:

hmmm

I also feel like this is the (first?) set of eggs that have visible hatchlings inside.

Witchlights also blink at you. ;)

And there's Albinos, of course.

Thanks, TJ and Spriters! I love the eggs and the hatchis.

38 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Thanks, TJ and Spriters! I love the eggs and the hatchis.

I n t e r e s t i n g

50 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

And Celestials.

7 hours ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

Okay so, it didn't happen on purpose, I was just a dumb, but all of the new eggs I caught died. And the electric one you catch in the alpine biome... well the dead egg sprite shows up not as the usual dead egg shell but a pile of ash with a tiny plume of smoke over it. I don't know if this is new info or can lead to the seventh egg, but it's weird.

https://dragcave.net/view/TSceY

lol same thing just happened to me!! Luckily I managed to get them all again asap

It kinda puzzles me tho, the only click site I use is the allureofnd, and I genuinely can't remember the last time I had an egg die from overviewing. Are there more users than usual looking at eggs or are these eggs just more "frail" than others? 

And how am I supposed to make them grow if putting them on sites kills them?..  (・・ ) ?

2 minutes ago, rottencoeur said:

lol same thing just happened to me!! Luckily I managed to get them all again asap

It kinda puzzles me tho, the only click site I use is the allureofnd, and I genuinely can't remember the last time I had an egg die from overviewing. Are there more users than usual looking at eggs or are these eggs just more "frail" than others? 

And how am I supposed to make them grow if putting them on sites kills them?..  (・・ ) ?

It could really depend on how old they were when you put them in and how many views they had.