TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

Yay! Happy Birthday DC! 🎂

Trying to decide if I should save a slot for the elusive seventh, or just fill up now.

Got burned by the Staterae trick once, never again. 🤣 Rather make sure I get them first time round.

I thought about today all week, then forgot!  I was hoping not to have so many different ones, though.  I am too old to waste hours over days trying to get even a pair of each.

Maybe he'll take pity on us and have them drop profusely over the next few days.  If not, I may have to just give up.

But, thanks for them, and maybe the outlook isn't as dismal as I expect it will be.

Happy Birthday Drag Cave

I hope the new dragons/eggs aren’t a limited release only available today but Che sera sera whatever will be will be.

No, they are a permanent release.

Happy Birthday!!!

Dragcave and neopets have been my sanity life savers since the inception of both sites. Long live both.

As for the new releases I’m probably going to have to wait at least a day or two for things to relax again before even thinking of attempting to get any of them.

With no idea of what is going to happen with the 7th Egg, having tried a number of possibilities.  I'm just going to stop with the six that I have and wait for further developments...  keeping my last two spaces open... 

The suspense is killing me, lol

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No, they are a permanent release.

Thank you for telling me this  :)  

That is very good news because it means eventually I (and everyone else who wants them) will eventually get a chance to collect them when the rush for them dies down.

Luck was BRIEFLY on my side cause I only JUST managed to snag one of the desert ones so five more to get before eventually lazily figure out how to get the seventh one.

ohhh we are starting to get s2 hatchies! Still absolutely in love with the bard and magic one. ❤️

I am so unsure wether I should use up my leftover slots for doubles of some or wait until we know how to get the 7th egg. If it will only be obtainable after the others grow that'd be a waste, if not I'll be locked and maybe regret it. Dilemmas.

(edit for stupid typo)

Edited by Reykur

1 minute ago, Reykur said:

ohhh we are starting to get s2 hatchies! Still absolutely in love with the bard and magic one. ❤️

I am so unsure wether I should use up my leftover slots for doubles of some or wait until we know hoe to get the 7th egg. If it will only be obtainable after the others grow that'd be a waste, if not I'll be locked and maybe regret it. Dilemmas.

My exact thoughts as well lol

I kept a slot just in case but just filled it. If we find out we don't have to wait for adult dragons, then I'll just send a duplicate to the AP.

I went ahead and filled my slots. Figure that I can always abandon one of the eggs if the possibility of getting the 7th egg materializes. ;)

Okay so, so far it looks like the electric one is an eastern, the pastel one is a western but with multiple wings, the tapping one is wingless, and the mystery 7th a wingless two headed. Lost of different types, that's fun. I can't really tell how many legs the foliage ones have...was wondering if they might be wyverns. 

7 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Okay so, so far it looks like the electric one is an eastern, the pastel one is a western but with multiple wings, the tapping one is wingless, and the mystery 7th a wingless two headed. Lost of different types, that's fun. I can't really tell how many legs the foliage ones have...was wondering if they might be wyverns. 

Now that jungle and forest also have s2 hatchies I think they both have four legs plus a set of wings.

But still very nice variety in types!

Since the Mystery hatchie has two heads, maybe it's a cross of two two-headed dragons?

8 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Since the Mystery hatchie has two heads, maybe it's a cross of two two-headed dragons?

I don't think it's a simple hybrid, though. The whole implication of "adventure" surrounding it, plus the empty view counter, would make it unlikely to just be an ordinary hybrid. 

Hmm perhaps the slinky boi (third last species) is a drake? It's got struts..?

Edited by Shadowsearcher

Happy birthday to the site! It's always so awesome to see the longevity. Grabbed one of each of the six biome eggs and am excited to roll investigation for the seventh.

26 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Now that jungle and forest also have s2 hatchies I think they both have four legs plus a set of wings.

But still very nice variety in types!

Ah yes, now I see them properly. They all look so different though! And we get a wingless pygmy too.... That's a new sub-type isn't it?? Actually, if the mystery one is not an eastern, it would be a wingless two-headed which is also new...

@Shadowsearcher Pretty sure the eggs were all regular sizes aside from the pygmy, so they shouldn't be drakes. 

Edited by MissK.

Happy birthday DC!

So... which breed's head do we have to cut off to make it grow two new ones and turn into that 7th egg? Staterae probably? :P

Edit: Oh hey, maybe it is a Hydra dragon, that would fit the adventure theme - it just doesn't really help with the question of how to get them...

Edited by Confused Cat

I finally got all 6 of the ones in biomes! I'm hoping we figure out something soon but I know it'll probably be a lot of trial and error before we do!

17 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Ah yes, now I see them properly. They all look so different though! And we get a wingless pygmy too.... That's a new sub-type isn't it?? Actually, if the mystery one is not an eastern, it would be a wingless two-headed which is also new...

@Shadowsearcher Pretty sure the eggs were all regular sizes aside from the pygmy, so they shouldn't be drakes. 

Ah nevermind