TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

6 minutes ago, rottencoeur said:

And how am I supposed to make them grow if putting them on sites kills them?.

I never put mine on any site until they are at least 12 - 16 hours old. 24 hours if I won't be able to watch them.

When they are older they are tougher.

During releases there are always more people on the sites, therefore more views than usual.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I never put mine on any site until they are at least 12 - 16 hours old. 24 hours if I won't be able to watch them.

When they are older they are tougher.

During releases there are always more people on the sites, therefore more views than usual.

oh thanks for the info, I had no idea! This is the first time I catch a release so soon, I had no idea it was so hectic

Plus I put the eggs on site right before going to bed, so I wasn't able to keep an eye on them, bad choice on my part (╥﹏╥)

6 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

To save your latest eggs, do keep them away from sites for a few hours at least, or even fog them. I saw your newly caught eggs have quite a few views already, so it’d be a real shame to lose them too!

Very interesting little pile of ash, though!

8 minutes ago, rottencoeur said:

lol same thing just happened to me!! Luckily I managed to get them all again asap

It kinda puzzles me tho, the only click site I use is the allureofnd, and I genuinely can't remember the last time I had an egg die from overviewing. Are there more users than usual looking at eggs or are these eggs just more "frail" than others? 

And how am I supposed to make them grow if putting them on sites kills them?..  (・・ ) ?

So for the last year and a half I've had a really good system of putting eggs into sites. I just got really cocky with the new ones and Ward.
I use Silvi's Lair until my eggs get to 400 - 500 OV, then they get put into AllureofND and sometimes ALSO ValleySherwood. After about 600 OV they are put into ValleySherwood if they weren't already, along with DragonBreedersCave. Once they're hatchlings I place them also into TheHatchingClub and DragHatch. I used to use EggDropSoup but having to add your whole scroll and then remove specific ones if you need is too tedious.

This run I stupidly placed them into all of the sites I use and planned to pull them out before Ward wore off. I apparently slept past the time frame of Ward or it didn't help with the amount of views they got. Mistakes, but it happens. I got all six shortly after so it's no problem.

I don't think it's players viewing them more than other eggs. Halloween was worse than this in those respects. The amount of neglected people managed to get from the views then was WILD. So I'm going to er on the side of them possibly being more fragile? Or again, my mistakes.

4 hours ago, Zack said:

What if it has the same method as a phoenix? Like a phoenix rising from the ashes and gaining new life? Arising from the ashes as a new egg after 24hrs? Phoenix was associated with the sun. So it can be retrieved the next morning or something.. Crazy right? 

😁

4 hours ago, Nokturna said:

strange idea, but maybe summoning the seventh dragon requires the death of the other six... Kind of don't want to try it though.

I did have all six die. I have looked through all my BSA options 24 hours later, and still don't have the dead ash pile egg show up as an option. I did try a Summon for a GoN just to see, but it failed. I enjoy the phoenix idea. What if there has to be two ash piles? Since the seventh one is a two headed?

My initial guess for the special thing behind the last egg was a specific time. I'm also wondering if Teleporting does anything...

Since some people have been saying the 7th egg is the DM... What if it behaves as a normal egg, but its stats are hidden from you, like a DM hiding their dice rolls? Since the egg/hatchling is sick, and begun to crack normally at the same time as the other eggs, this suggests it is in fact gaining views, even if we can't see them.

4 hours ago, D-wing said:

Are they started to combine with other eggs?

I just checked the Cave and only the new releases in the biomes...

No one's figured out the Seventh Egg, yet, eh,,?

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

You know what else is interesting, on the wiki, the egg sequences for the nr's are fogged out in places:

Lightning, Shady, and Reckless have stage 1 missing (so does the Green Delicate egg)

Breezy and the "bard" eggs have stages 1 & 3 missing

Mystery egg has stages 1 2 3 and "dead: missing

O.o ?

I mean that’s mostly because by 5 am when I was getting up, the eggs were already past stage 1 cracks.

and since TJ’s “dread” eggs didn’t die, and no one else seems to have them, we can’t have documented the dead egg for that yet.

19 minutes ago, Mnkn10 said:

Since some people have been saying the 7th egg is the DM... What if it behaves as a normal egg, but its stats are hidden from you, like a DM hiding their dice rolls? Since the egg/hatchling is sick, and begun to crack normally at the same time as the other eggs, this suggests it is in fact gaining views, even if we can't see them.

I like that theory, no stats for the DM would make sense with the theme. Would be fun if there was indeed some actual adventure we had to go through to get the 7th egg though.

5 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I like that theory, no stats for the DM would make sense with the theme. Would be fun if there was indeed some actual adventure we had to go through to get the 7th egg though.

I mean, we still don't know how to actually obtain it, so who knows? I personally think you just use the other 6 to summon it, but it could be something more complex.

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave. Thanks for the many years of fun I have had!!

Looking at the hatchling descriptions, I was thinking that the Alpine and Jungle dragons may share something with this 7th dragon? The Alpine dragon has crystals along its back, and the Jungle dragon likes to play tricks. This new dragon does both. I am sorry if someone already suggested this, but maybe there is a connection?

13 minutes ago, Aetherstarite said:

Looking at the hatchling descriptions, I was thinking that the Alpine and Jungle dragons may share something with this 7th dragon? The Alpine dragon has crystals along its back, and the Jungle dragon likes to play tricks. This new dragon does both. I am sorry if someone already suggested this, but maybe there is a connection?

Good idea. Maybe once the eggs hatch and grow up we could try breeding them, but then again it's a one-headed to one-headed thing so there's a small chance that can produce a two-headed.

*this breaks all kinds of rules*

The fact that the NR eggs are still kind of flooding the biomes makes me wonder if we'll need 2 of each. I'm probably wrong though tbh lmao.

Could the hidden wilderness page possibly come into play? Maybe we'll have to "adventure" through it in a sense in order to find the 7th egg?

23 minutes ago, wraitheon1 said:

The fact that the NR eggs are still kind of flooding the biomes makes me wonder if we'll need 2 of each. I'm probably wrong though tbh lmao.

Could the hidden wilderness page possibly come into play? Maybe we'll have to "adventure" through it in a sense in order to find the 7th egg?

I was wondering about the wilderness page too! I clicked through a few pages yesterday and didn't see anything unusual, but maybe the eggs need to grow up first. It'd be nice to have another use for the wilderness, it's just been kind of... there for so long.

Yeah same, I remember being on the site as a kid and wishing there was a way to adopt dragons from the wilderness, like even just the hatchis you see would be cool if you could adopt them somehow. Even if you had to use a BSA or something

1 hour ago, Shadowsearcher said:

Good idea. Maybe once the eggs hatch and grow up we could try breeding them, but then again it's a one-headed to one-headed thing so there's a small chance that can produce a two-headed.

*this breaks all kinds of rules*

That is true, but maybe the ashes can be used for something later on! I'd like to know if the Jungle one turns to ash, or if ALL of them turn to ash when killed. There might be something special, like a BSA, but we simply won't know!

5 minutes ago, Aetherstarite said:

I'd like to know if the Jungle one turns to ash, or if ALL of them turn to ash when killed.

I'm pretty sure the person who first posted about it had lost all their eggs to sickness, but only that one had turned to ash.

29 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm pretty sure the person who first posted about it had lost all their eggs to sickness, but only that one had turned to ash.

Thanks for the info!

38 minutes ago, Aetherstarite said:

That is true, but maybe the ashes can be used for something later on! I'd like to know if the Jungle one turns to ash, or if ALL of them turn to ash when killed. There might be something special, like a BSA, but we simply won't know!

Hi, I lost all of my eggs to over-viewing. One of each kind. The only one turning to ash was the Alpine egg, and I searched multiple times at different points to see if any BSA options were available for any of them. I also tried to Summon a GoN just to see what would happen but it failed. I have a guess that one of the new dragons has a BSA of their own. Or potentially we'll go on an adventure and discover a new biome? D&D can go in any direction so it could be anything.I'm excited to find out.

You can view them on my scroll. It's not a fun sight, I've never had this many dead eggs at one time I've just made bad choices lately lol

Edited by Dragonmouse23

It looks like regular eggs are starting to appear in at least some of the biomes, now.

I was wondering if it might be item-summoning (get an item to use to summon the egg, instead of summoning it being a BSA) (I'm on GPX, so that's where I got the idea) but I think that would be far more effort to put on the site than it would be worth. I'm just glad it won't be a fetch-quest thing - do x to get a, use a to get b, use b to do y, etc.

Happy birthday DC! I can't believe you've been a constant in my life for the past 13 years... how time flies! Here's to many more! ❤️

I managed to get one egg from each biome, very intrigued by the mysterious 7th.

3 hours ago, Husky51 said:

I just checked the Cave and only the new releases in the biomes...

No one's figured out the Seventh Egg, yet, eh,,?

I have spotted a Glaucus Drake in Coast Biome:
image.thumb.png.aafb61d398912ab61de7d4a2b005150d.png

And a Mistlet Pygmy in the Forest.

And others in other biome. The old eggs are starting to trickle in now.

Edited by Sheriziya

On 5/21/2022 at 1:07 AM, BubblesAreShiny said:

Hm... some of these eggs have suspiciously DnD themes too, what with the "reckless" pygmy (barbarian, anyone?), the shady one evoking the idea of a rogue. The green one has leaves -> druid, lightning one sorcerer? Not sure about the breezy one, the gold bits look kind of like a knight helmet though, so maybe paladin or something, or the tapping one. Interested to see what they become! And, of course, how to get the fancy one on the end. 👀

I'm reminded of the old D&D cartoon, for some reason...

14 minutes ago, Quill's Shadow said:

I was wondering if it might be item-summoning (get an item to use to summon the egg, instead of summoning it being a BSA) (I'm on GPX, so that's where I got the idea) but I think that would be far more effort to put on the site than it would be worth. I'm just glad it won't be a fetch-quest thing - do x to get a, use a to get b, use b to do y, etc.

Don't give them any ideas!!!  lol