TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

11 hours ago, Shin'a'in said:

Happy Birthday!!!

Dragcave and neopets have been my sanity life savers since the inception of both sites. Long live both.

As for the new releases I’m probably going to have to wait at least a day or two for things to relax again before even thinking of attempting to get any of them.

Why is this post, of all things, what makes me seriously consider going back to Neopets after 10-15+ years of being away?

Welp, tried everything I can think of, until and unless a BSA or Summon occurs. I clicked everywhere in the image. Clicked on the hatchlings, tried changing “view” to “get” and “trap” to see if that would do anything. Went to TJ’s profile and clicked everywhere. Went to the Market. All the Biomes. Clicked all the headers and links I could.

I'm on team new biome, though a new summon would also be pretty spiffy.  New biome was the first thing I thought after reading the description.  Has anyone already tried clicking all over the map or examining the code for it?

I hope the ideas people have when there's a New Breed Mystery get mined for next year's tricks, because there are so many good ones.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dragon Cave!  May the dragon snacks be plentiful in all your bounteous biomes!

1 hour ago, Melusina said:

I'm on team new biome, though a new summon would also be pretty spiffy.  New biome was the first thing I thought after reading the description.  Has anyone already tried clicking all over the map or examining the code for it?

I hope the ideas people have when there's a New Breed Mystery get mined for next year's tricks, because there are so many good ones.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dragon Cave!  May the dragon snacks be plentiful in all your bounteous biomes!

I have inspected the page and there weren't any new map areas from what I could see, all areas were the biomes that already exist

I always feel like we need more ice and electric dragons so I'm quite interested in the new alpine breed. I love the color scheme as well!

My friend who is really not listening suggests putting all 6 around a table, and then summon the GM dragon. lol. Help. I'm too amused by this. 

Edit: Also mentioned rolling for initiative. Help me. xD

Edited by AsymDoll13

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's so interesting because this is definitely a brand-new mechanic, whatever it is.

The question is, is this a new mechanic that will impact the players, or is this just a new mechanic TJ is using for this specific dragon to show us that it's not a normal "catch in biomes/breed it as a hybrid"?  I don't think we'll be able to answer that until somebody figures out how to get the eggs ourselves.

Re: the new biome idea being floated by some folks:

I'm wondering about that--maybe, if that is what's going on and it's introducing a new area to get eggs, it'll be something that opens up when TJ's dragons are all adults rather than when a player has an adult of each one?

I cannot believe they are still flooding. A full 24 hours (well, 25 hours now) of new-release flood, we haven't had *that* in so many years!! 

....... Could that possibly be a clue, too? The fact that these are flooding much longer than usual? .... I'm going to think every little thing is a clue, lol.

Okay but hear me out (apology if this has been suggested before).

D&D is all about creating a story together, right? What if in order to obtain the 7th dragon, descriptions are involved in some way?

Also, since I'm one egg slot short of getting them all, I feel very tempted to quake my eggs... but not yet!!

Edited by corruptedunicorn

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!

🎊🎊🎊

Oh, is the seven egg the two-headed hybrid? :3

15 minutes ago, corruptedunicorn said:

Okay but hear me out (apology if this has been suggested before).

D&D is all about creating a story together, right? What if in order to obtain the 7th dragon, descriptions are involved in some way?

Also, since I'm one egg slot short of getting them all, I feel very tempted to quake my eggs... but not yet!!

That is actually a very good idea!

Okay so, it didn't happen on purpose, I was just a dumb, but all of the new eggs I caught died. And the electric one you catch in the alpine biome... well the dead egg sprite shows up not as the usual dead egg shell but a pile of ash with a tiny plume of smoke over it. I don't know if this is new info or can lead to the seventh egg, but it's weird.

https://dragcave.net/view/TSceY

Edited by Dragonmouse23

I managed to snag one egg from each biome instantly. Kind of a nice surprise since I am really sick right now. Now to figure out the 7th egg. I am still missing dragons from last years anniversary. I have been on this game since it was pretty new. I love collecting the eggs and seeing the dragons they change into. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!!!! 🎉🎂💗🥳🎈🐉

13 minutes ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

Okay so, it didn't happen on purpose, I was just a dumb, but all of the new eggs I caught died. And the electric one you catch in the alpine biome... well the dead egg sprite shows up not as the usual dead egg shell but a pile of ash with a tiny plume of smoke over it. I don't know if this is new info or can lead to the seventh egg, but it's weird.

Oh wow! That's interesting. Have you looked at it's action page to see if there is any new action listed? 

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh wow! That's interesting. Have you looked at it's action page to see if there is any new action listed? 

I did and there's nothing new aside from the sprite. I also checked all my BSA options and the egg never came up so it's genuinely dead. I had it warded, but out of excitement and arrogance, I maaaaay have pushed them into too many sites. I can't remember if I incubated it or not unfortunately, but it died from overviewing I know that much. 

Edited by Dragonmouse23

47 minutes ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

To save your latest eggs, do keep them away from sites for a few hours at least, or even fog them. I saw your newly caught eggs have quite a few views already, so it’d be a real shame to lose them too!

Very interesting little pile of ash, though!

I'm so glad they are still dropping. 8 egg slots is usually more than enough, but with a release of 6 dragons - big oof.

Still, I'm VERY excited about this release as a D&D lover myself, the descriptions alone are just 10/10. Thank you so much for this release and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DC! =D

Thank you for bringing this game into the world, TJ!

Happy Birthday DC! 

I love the look of the new eggs and hatchlings so far! The ones from the alpine, forest, and jungle are my favorites. I’m excited to see how the seventh dragon is collected, hopefully it’s not as difficult to obtain as Staterae Xenowyrms.

All of the hatchies are so gorgeous.  So much talent.  Thank you Spriters and everyone involved in this wonderful birthday celebration.  And now for the looooong wait to see what the adults look like.  I know they will all be fabulous.  :)  

2 hours ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

strange idea, but maybe summoning the seventh dragon requires the death of the other six... Kind of don't want to try it though. 

20 minutes ago, Nokturna said:

strange idea, but maybe summoning the seventh dragon requires the death of the other six... Kind of don't want to try it though. 

Oh my gods, I hope not 😮  But I have never seen a dead egg shell turn into a pile of ashes before,  so there is something different and suspicious going on.  I hope we don't have to kill the new eggs to get the seventh one.   

3 hours ago, Dragonmouse23 said:

Okay so, it didn't happen on purpose, I was just a dumb, but all of the new eggs I caught died. And the electric one you catch in the alpine biome... well the dead egg sprite shows up not as the usual dead egg shell but as a pile of ash with a tiny plume of smoke over it. I don't know if this is new info or can lead to the seventh egg, but it's weird.

What if it has the same method as a phoenix? Like a phoenix rising from the ashes and gaining new life? Arising from the ashes as a new egg after 24hrs? Phoenix was associated with the sun. So it can be retrieved the next morning or something.. Crazy right? 

😁

Edited by Zack

Are they started to combine with other eggs?

Edited by D-wing

I'd assume that the alpine egg just has a new and unique dead egg sprite. Being a magic user it may be a funny take on them sometimes blowing things up, or accidentally zapping things. Including themselves. Makes me think of wild mage which probably is the best but most annoying thing a party can have. xD