TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

The lack of energy makes this game more frustrating than fun :( 

I have to wait for energy to water and harvest, nothing really grows since I can't water it and it's just... not very fun.

I really do wish we could get energy faster, or that it wasn't capped at 100. So much I want to do and can't right now!

Nevertheless I am loving this little game.

My eggs have all hatched, so I guess I will go haunt the AP until I get enough energy to do something in my garden.

How will the crops be saved when the event ends? Will they be frozen at whichever stage they are in at the time or will they autogrow to the final stage? I really hope they'll be frozen as they are since that would give more room for variation.

Sorry if someone already answered this but how do you get rid of all the rocks and stuff cluttering up your garden?  All I can do is sut the weeds and I only have room to do anything on the first couple plots.  I can't even decorate the other parts because they're so full.

1 minute ago, Lady Meli said:

How will the crops be saved when the event ends? Will they be frozen at whichever stage they are in at the time or will they autogrow to the final stage? I really hope they'll be frozen as they are since that would give more room for variation.

I am hoping they stay frozen at the stage they are in! I have stopped watering the glowshrooms I planted to leave them as decoration.

Just now, Vic said:

Sorry if someone already answered this but how do you get rid of all the rocks and stuff cluttering up your garden?  All I can do is sut the weeds and I only have room to do anything on the first couple plots.  I can't even decorate the other parts because they're so full.

You get more tools at higher level (pickaxe for rocks at lvl 10, axe for stumps at lvl 20).

The Currently Being Released page of the Dragcave Wiki has all the info on tools and crops. 

Every trick or treat year (except 2010) is complete for me and I doubt I'll finish 2010 again this year [only got 63 of the 94]

Eh, maybe next year will be the year I finish it.

And I now have all the treats going back to the first year!  I love them!  A huge shout out to @TJ09 for adding them to trick or treating starting last year!  Since my first Halloween here was 2018, I had a lot of ground to make up!  Last year, I got all the way back to the 2012, I think, and now I've got them all!  Thanks, TJ!

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I really do wish we could get energy faster, or that it wasn't capped at 100. So much I want to do and can't right now!

Yeah, it feels like should be either-or, not *both* slow energy-gain *and* a 100 cap. I did a quick calculation that I could've had almost 200 energy when I woke up this morning, based on the gain rate and how long I was gone. That would've been so helpful. 

It's cool to actually see the crops grow right before my eyes, I watered everything after being away for sleep and as soon as I finished watering half my crops immediately grew!

You know what would be really great? If when you go to plant a seed it highlighted the squares it would take up when fully grown, instead of just the square where you are putting the seed! Unreasonable demand?

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You know what would be really great? If when you go to plant a seed it highlighted the squares it would take up when fully grown, instead of just the square where you are putting the seed! Unreasonable demand?

This would be awesome. Maybe I'm just a bit dense about this, but while I understand the idea of the grown-crops taking up, say, 2x2 on the grid, I'm still unsure exactly how that's put into practice. Like, in any 2x2 square there are multiple spots to put down the actual seed, where exactly does it need to go? Using the grid mock-up posted on the previous page, if I put a pumpkin seed where the black is, would it grow? Or does it need to be on the other left-most square? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but yeah it would be nice to actually know how much space is needed before you plant the seed.

image.png.3af740a8d673b95fdc9c6d5d5c0f8bb2.png

Saweet! I just nabbed four Kohraki eggs that I missed cuz of family illness.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Definitely this!

21 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Are people sharing their gardens in a thread somewere? I would really like to see some ^^

Yes, this is a thread that was shared a few pages back.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

This would be awesome. Maybe I'm just a bit dense about this, but while I understand the idea of the grown-crops taking up, say, 2x2 on the grid, I'm still unsure exactly how that's put into practice. Like, in any 2x2 square there are multiple spots to put down the actual seed, where exactly does it need to go? Using the grid mock-up posted on the previous page, if I put a pumpkin seed where the black is, would it grow? Or does it need to be on the other left-most square? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but yeah it would be nice to actually know how much space is needed before you plant the seed.

image.png.3af740a8d673b95fdc9c6d5d5c0f8bb2.png

It will move to the right spot as it grows as long as it has enough space.

I had planted one right at the very left edge of the garden. When I looked later it had moved over one space once it hit its next stage of growth.

I don't see the cauldron on my list of things to buy. I am at level 50, so thought I should have everything.

Is there a way to move/delete decorations?

The mobile version is being a pain and caused me to misplace a couple decorations (which are taking up valuable space) and I can't seem to remove them

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I don't see the cauldron on my list of things to buy. I am at level 50, so thought I should have everything.

@purplehaze Huh...I'm also at level 50. Mine is near the top of the list of decorations, as shown below. Maybe refresh your page again and see of it shows up?

Screenshot_20211029-143038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3806991d3a066765f73394496de6fa99.jpg

4 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Mine is near the top of the list of decorations, as shown below. Maybe refresh your page again and see of it shows up?

Thank you! Refreshing did the trick. I never thought to do that because everything else showed up when it should! That was the only item missing. Odd.

I've had to refresh the farm a couple of times for watering to show up, and although I've looked after stuff meticulously, a couple of plants have just stalled, so there is the odd blip.

The farm is so dark I cant see ANYTHING. Is there a way to brighten it at all? What is the point of decorating something you can't see? Even the lit street lamps are dark. It looks sooo much better through the inspect icon. That's how it should look all the time. Everything is invisible.

I have a final count of 43 zombie fodder hatchling attempts waiting for Halloween. I can't wait.

I just have to remember to try them all in the first 15 minutes. XD

19 minutes ago, saltywench said:

The farm is so dark I cant see ANYTHING. Is there a way to brighten it at all? What is the point of decorating something you can't see? Even the lit street lamps are dark. It looks sooo much better through the inspect icon. That's how it should look all the time. Everything is invisible.

I have found that depend on the highlight tool is what’s highlight on the farm. If it’s dark then that means there is nothing to interact with. It’s always lit with the inspect tool because you can interact with everything. 

i like the game but i find very inefficient the fact that we can't reposition what we bought. Destroying it and buying it again is too much a waste of money, and since it can be hard to place everything in the right spot this is preventing from advancing. I do feel like i haven't enough time to farm properly to have enough money to do all of that

. I do hope that next year we will be able to replay halloween past games, as it was for christmas ones in previous holidays events.