TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I plan to go to work on Sunday mainly so I can finish mine on a real computer! XD

Are the fences different somehow? I have four fence options but to my eye there seem to be two options twice?

I haven't used any but i believe they are different based on which edge of the square they line up with. Of course since you cant move anything it's trial and error for which is which. 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Are the fences different somehow? I have four fence options but to my eye there seem to be two options twice?

47 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Yeah, that’s what it looks like to me as well. I swear, the blind leading the blind over here lol. 

From what I can tell, the top fences in the menu can only go along the top and right sides to the crop borders while the fences underneath them can only be place on the bottom and left sides of the crops (assuming the crop spaces are all filled with plants/decorations/obstacles).

2 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

From what I can tell, the top fences in the menu can only go along the top and right sides to the crop borders while the fences underneath them can only be place on the bottom and left sides of the crops (assuming the crop spaces are all filled with plants/decorations/obstacles).

Ohhhhhh. That would explain why they won’t go very far in certain directions. 

3 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Ohhhhhh. That would explain why they won’t go very far in certain directions. 

Yup, and they also seem to take up the dirtpatch spaces on the outside of the crops to fit, which is why objects can't be placed on one side of the fence or the other (sad because I really wanted to have one of my cats peeking through a fence).

Edited by Myoukin
typos

7 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Yup, and they also seem to take up the dirtpatch spaces on the outside of the crops to fit, which is why objects can't be placed on one side of the fence or the other (sad because I really wanted to have one of my cats peeking through a fence).

Oh. Well heck. 

Are 2g Pitfires not capable of having Exalted forms?

1 hour ago, Library_gremlin said:

Are 2g Pitfires not capable of having Exalted forms?

I certainly hope so; otherwise, one of the prizekins I traded for won't be able to keep up a checker pattern. Did you try it just now; if so, what did the message say?

51 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I certainly hope so; otherwise, one of the prizekins I traded for won't be able to keep up a checker pattern. Did you try it just now; if so, what did the message say?

I’m brain dead. I totally forgot that I have to try and kill it. I misremembered how I did it and thought there was another option. *headdesk*

6 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I’m brain dead. I totally forgot that I have to try and kill it. I misremembered how I did it and thought there was another option. *headdesk*

Lol, it's better than the alternative (not being able to form change), so at least it was a good learning experience~

2 hours ago, Myoukin said:

(sad because I really wanted to have one of my cats peeking through a fence).

It's possible. But it will still leave an empty space in front of the fence.

3 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

It's possible. But it will still leave an empty space in front of the fence.

Yeah, that's sadly the conundrum; you can't have goodies on both sides and have to leave one side or the other empty. There's also the inability to put grass/dirt tiles under decorations and obstacles, but that's a slightly different issue.

4 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Yeah, that's sadly the conundrum; you can't have goodies on both sides and have to leave one side or the other empty. There's also the inability to put grass/dirt tiles under decorations and obstacles, but that's a slightly different issue.

It would have been really nice to place pumpkins on top of wooden tiles for example.

And you need to be careful in the order you place things, you have to work from the back to the front having previously thought about what you want to go in front of what, because sometimes the pixels get mixed up. If you suddenly want or forgot to add something that is behind something else, when placing it, you can see it "on top" of what is in front of it, then you have to destroy everything you have already bought and buy it again in order for everything to look normal again. It doesn't happen with all the pieces, but...

Man the last three Halloween's are super hard to get. I've seen Omens a little but can't seem to see a Pitfire, had to check their wiki because I totally missed them last year. Hopefully will have luck soon!

I'm liking the farm but with work haven't been able to play much. I'm always for fun pixel art!

Everybody Happy Halloween!! Finally I succeed in grabbing all of the previous Halloween eggs. 

Also I'm filling my farm with 101 kittens. Treats are really cute too! 

7 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Thank you! :)

Urgh. I miscalculated the eye stalk size.

I think I've normally got a pretty good eye for measurements but I've been continuously set back by miscalculations and the fact that you can't just replant a plant somewhere else without starting it from scratch or gaining back materials like it was with the Snow War games. I'm worried that I may not be completely satisfied with how my garden looks in the end with how little time there's left.

And I'm grieving that the cauldron isn't bigger and can't be placed at the perfect center of the garden - I'd have loved a giant bathtub-sized cauldron bubbling up mischief in the middle! Why big enough to hold a person? You mind your own business and you won't have to find out!☠️

That said, I have very much enjoyed the game and think a Halloween garden was a fantastic idea for an event!🪴

Just wish the energy recovery was faster and that it was possible to simply move stuff without losing everything.

Here's mine so far. I plan on just growing more pumpkins once I have enough gold. ^^

Capture.JPG

do we have until when to decorate our gardens? hope its not until tomorrow because it's a very shot time period =/

The event is so lovely, truly! And the treat banner is amazing! :D

Though- If anyone knows- How do you remove obstacles like rocks? ;-;

Do you need to be a certain level?

3 minutes ago, QueenAquariusDragon said:

The event is so lovely, truly! And the treat banner is amazing! :D

Though- If anyone knows- How do you remove obstacles like rocks? ;-;

Do you need to be a certain level?

At level 10 you get a pickaxe to remove rocks (and decorations that you have mis-placed) and at level 20 you get an axe to remove stumps.

Is there any way to fix any of the bugged plants? Nearly 90% of mine won't grow including some expensive ones. I am completely out of money and would like some of the stuff to be grown so I can actually decorate it.

2 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

Is there any way to fix any of the bugged plants? Nearly 90% of mine won't grow including some expensive ones.

Oh! Did you check if they "need space to grow?" One of my acorn squashes didn't grow because it was right next to another plant ;-;

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

At level 10 you get a pickaxe to remove rocks (and decorations that you have mis-placed) and at level 20 you get an axe to remove stumps.

Ohhhh! I see, thank you so so much! (3

Hopefully I have some time to get the levels! X)

10 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

Is there any way to fix any of the bugged plants? Nearly 90% of mine won't grow including some expensive ones. I am completely out of money and would like some of the stuff to be grown so I can actually decorate it.

Yeah, it looks like you have planted some of your items too close together. You may need to use your pickaxe to remove about every other one, to let the others grow. :(

Check the wiki's Currently Being Released for more information about space requirements, etc.

Just got my first 2015 ToT! Only 302 left to find in total, so I don't think I'll get them all this year sadly but I'm having a lot of fun anyway!

Pasifeon figured out how to add a crow so that it looks like it is sitting on top of a stump.  

Using that idea I added 2 crows, with one looking like it is sitting on the hay bale, to my Haunted Harvest:

806131389_finishedhauntedharvestwith2crows.png.1e2f9a88d966c1729a2070d05445dff8.png965340140_2crows.png.2c2219cad0bcd960807ae3a81ce90b68.png

Edited by Pinch of StarDust