TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

is there a post that's collected the different things you can plant and the coins you can collect from them at each of the stages?  i know some plants can be harvested and you get some coins, but they can also watered again and they grow to another stage and give more coins when harvested.  i'm rubbish at keeping track of what stages my various plants are in, but if i know the max number of coins i can get, that's much more helpful.

if there isn't already a post, can the wisdom be shared?

here's my current crop:

my corn is harvestable for 4 coins, my parsnips for 2.  and my glowshrooms for 6 (but i kinda like them as decor, so.....) XD

thanks!! :D

I just kinda wish harvesting didn't take so much energy.

By the time I've harvested a round of crops I have no energy left to water the next rotation 😅

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

...and my glowshrooms for 6 (but i kinda like them as decor, so.....) XD

Same! 1st growth stage of glowshrooms make for great decorations. I have added mine in among my wilderness area for extra spookiness 👻

Screenshot_20211028-120636_Chrome.jpg.401ac386ffa65e403b43f9bd7227570d.jpg

On 10/25/2021 at 6:45 PM, heibangbls said:

This is my first time doing Trick or Treat submission I'm so happy XD

fadPRye.gif

Late seeing this since I hardly go to the forums anymore, but SWEET!!!!! "The end... the songwriter's dead... the blade fell upon him..."

I never fail to be astounded by your artwork.

7 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Same! 1st growth stage of glowshrooms make for great decorations. I have added mine in among my wilderness area for extra spookiness 👻

nice!

i've also kept some of my rocks, stumps and logs too.

Spoiler

haunted garden.jpg

Edited by trystan

4 hours ago, Maru-chan said:

I am REALLY happy about getting the treats from the past years. I've completed 2021 and 2020 now, and I've got seven from 2019 and I loooove them 🥰

Me too! I'm halfway thru 2018, after missing 2014 and 2016-2020. I think I'll finish by the end of the week. :D

My hunting is not going as smoothly as I'd like, having miss-clicked some breeds where I already have my first 8 cbs, Caligenes and Graves. I still need 3 cb Marrows, then 6 Pumpkins. I have a cb pair of Desipis, need 6 more, and picked up the 8th Cavern Lurker, then I'll focus on 2016 to 2020. I know, with the demand for Pitfires, Arcanas and Omens, that they are going to take longer.

Marrows will always be my favorites, followed by the Caligenes. :wub:

My garden, at level 46, finally seems to be growing with enough water. The rain on Sunday must have been a big help! ☺

I echo others with the hope/wish for faster energy (and a longer event, goodness I'll miss this gardening when it's over!). Also echoing the idea of glowshrooms being great decorations, I'm still mostly harvesting the crops I put down but I already have a plan for certain areas of my garden and glowshrooms are definitely among the 'must keep in the end'.

nyaarrr the energy takes too long to build back up! I still haven't managed to clear my field so I can start decorating my farm!

I learnt the hard way that with some of these Holiday games you have to be very careful and specific with the layering, but I just can't connect the fences in the corners, it doesn't let me do it.

Is someone experiencing the same or know any solution?

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

Late seeing this since I hardly go to the forums anymore, but SWEET!!!!! "The end... the songwriter's dead... the blade fell upon him..."

Huh! And here I thought I was the only one to recognize it! 😂 that’s so cool 

12 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I learnt the hard way that with some of these Holiday games you have to be very careful and specific with the layering, but I just can't connect the fences in the corners, it doesn't let me do it.

Is someone experiencing the same or know any solution?

Nope, I'm having that issue too and thought maybe I could put a tree or lamp in the corner to cover up the open space. But that's not working either since the fence item placement takes up the space there...I hope it can get fixed, or I'm going to have to break down the fences on one edge and deal with an empty border around the field.

I am struggling hard to decorate my field

Fences dont connect at corners, they got some wierd extra space that prevents you from doing that (which isnt shown + you cant place anything there like a path) and the field is somewhat uneven?

Cant place my Gate right at the middle ;_;

Time to make it a fence/gateless beauty

17 minutes ago, DarkPhoenix1191 said:

Nope, I'm having that issue too and thought maybe I could put a tree or lamp in the corner to cover up the open space. But that's not working either since the fence item placement takes up the space there...I hope it can get fixed, or I'm going to have to break down the fences on one edge and deal with an empty border around the field.

I was thinking in doing something like that too, and it seems you're right about fences taking that space, I have some acorns planted and they're not growing to the max because of the fences.

1 minute ago, Yubelchen said:

I am struggling hard to decorate my field

Fences dont connect at corners, they got some wierd extra space that prevents you from doing that (which isnt shown + you cant place anything there like a path) and the field is somewhat uneven?

Cant place my Gate right at the middle ;_;

Time to make it a fence/gateless beauty

I'll try with the wooden fences late, they seem to use one space.

3 hours ago, catstaff said:

So glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! I was super excited to find it. 🥰

Not sure if it was intentional, but when placing the "Path (dirt)", you cannot place anything on top of said placed path. You also can't get rid of it, and now I'm stuck with a lot of empty space I can't use as nothing is allowed to be placed on top of it.

Well.. Okay, this year I really feel the 'welcome in work-life'. I have no time to participate in the event properly. I should be hunting for pitfires as I just got 2 last year (don't now why...). I managed one so far.. Propably the only one. They are so rare, haven't seen a single one in the last few days when I have the time to get to the site. And the game.. Yeah. I think I would have loved it. But this year.. no chance. Have managed to get to level 19 so far and am nowhere near to start thinking about decorating. So, no nice garden for me...

Am I whining? Yes! But just bare with me (or ignore me). Work is stressing at the end of the year. 😁

9 minutes ago, Umi said:

You also can't get rid of it

You need the pickaxe to remove it. You unlock that at level 10.

Does gardening end Nov 1st? I don't know if I have enough time to even get the coins to decorate my farm.

14 minutes ago, Bison said:

Does gardening end Nov 1st? I don't know if I have enough time to even get the coins to decorate my farm.

Midnight as the 31st rolls over to the 1st.

2 hours ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Dang is it hard to get even one pitfire, rare bois

Yeah, people be hoarding those like toilet paper in the spring of 2020... 🙈

Possibly a stupid question, but how do I move decorations? Can you, or can you only delete and replace them?

Just now, Jet Raptor said:

Possibly a stupid question, but how do I move decorations? Can you, or can you only delete and replace them?

Yes. No moving them, only destroying and replacing them.