TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

I am also having the issue of energy not regenerating anymore since the midnight rollover. Little panicked since some of those plants have a long grow time. (Absolutely loving the event, though, btw)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the tremendous lag spike; everyone's been really excited! This is my first time back in the cave since 2015, and hoooo a lot has changed. But, it seems like event lag is the eternal constant. XD

Kinda sad that I haven't snagged a Pitfire all week... but I got basically all the other cool dragons that I wanted off the AP. :)

3 minutes ago, ShoeboxWarrior said:

I am also having the issue of energy not regenerating anymore since the midnight rollover. Little panicked since some of those plants have a long grow time. (Absolutely loving the event, though, btw)

I glad (not) that I'm not the only one having this issue. I didn't have time this week to work a lot on mine (and I picked the wrong things to focus on of course) and wanted to get a lot going before I went to bed. Now with the energy not renewing, I can't do much. 😕

So, we have 49 treats for this year.  Is there a list anywhere of how many were in each of the previous years?  Without having to go to that year's thread and hunting it down.

I want to know if I have finished grabbing the ones I missed in past years

8 minutes ago, merathanel said:

I glad (not) that I'm not the only one having this issue. I didn't have time this week to work a lot on mine (and I picked the wrong things to focus on of course) and wanted to get a lot going before I went to bed. Now with the energy not renewing, I can't do much. 😕

Looks like it just came back up! If you haven't gone to sleep yet maybe you can get some growth started :)

12 minutes ago, ShoeboxWarrior said:

Looks like it just came back up! If you haven't gone to sleep yet maybe you can get some growth started :)

Thank you! I did get some, but now it seems stuck again... but I managed to water a few things to get them to start growing.

1 minute ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Anybody else getting "Failed to save" messages whenever you try to do anything in your farm?

Yes, I've been getting that a lot for the last couple of hours or so.  Things disappear and I have to redo them. I think when things disappeared, I got my coins back at least.

3 hours ago, RicFule said:

So, we have 49 treats for this year.  Is there a list anywhere of how many were in each of the previous years?  Without having to go to that year's thread and hunting it down.

I want to know if I have finished grabbing the ones I missed in past years

There should be a list on the wiki somewhere

Happy Halloween everyone!

I got 8 zombie hatchlings and one resurrection. One of my Pitfires Exalted on this Halloween so I'll try the rest on All Soul's Day.

Going to wait until the hours before touching anything on my farm.

Edited by Spyridon

I love this Halloween Event! Collecting all the treats AND managing my spooky swamp ❤️ Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Okay so since the event is about to end, I'll be sharing the treat I made :)

tnhmek.gif

This was the one that I've made - thought someone would have recognized it by now, but this was supposed to be a pumpkin carved to resemble Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (it was a great show ngl). Didn't have (m)any ideas this year, lol. But this one works pretty much I believe, considering what the show is about.

Any reason why fences cannot be placed to connect in corners? Also why cant we put anything to fields next to fences, makes no sense to me lol

or am I doing something wrong.. help! :)

Just now, Joya said:

Any reason why fences cannot be placed to connect in corners? Also why cant we put anything to fields next to fences, makes no sense to me lol

Because the fences take up space. 

43 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Because the fences take up space. 

okay thank you, I was hoping I was doing something wrong tbh :)

53 minutes ago, Joya said:

The fence takes up a 1x2 grid, being situated on the edge of the grid instead of the middle the way plant/obstacles/other decorations are. Also, I recall someone figuring out a way to connect the fences at a corner, but you would have to give up two crop spaces to do it.

Edit: Found the post; it was Kegluneq who detailed it.

You're welcome! It's a very entertaining game! ^^

So, I found a way to connect fences in corners, this is an example, but you wouldn't be able to use the space highlighted in red:

yEMdhxr.png

I'm not sure if I'll keep that but looks cool, after all, fences are cheap. Sorry for the poorly photoshopped pic, if I go pixel by pixel it'd have taken too much time xD

Edited by Myoukin

I am kinda late but Happy Halloween everyone! This year's Halloween event has been so much fun so I appreciate everyone who had contributed in it. I especially loved to see the rooster candy treat! It has been many years since I've had one but it's my childhood's candy and the pixelart looks soooo delicious! 😄💕 

I spent too much time collecting money /:p so I'm just now decorating and didn't realize they take so many hours to grow... It looks like I will have just enough time to grow everything actually which is nice. Really love the decorations!

Edited by Painter

40 minutes ago, Painter said:

I spent too much time collecting money /:p so I'm just now decorating and didn't realize they take so many hours to grow... It looks like I will have just enough time to grow everything actually which is nice. Really love the decorations!

this is me. my "farm" is really an abandoned plot descending into chaos. if i get enough gold in time, it will also be overrun with kittens.

9 minutes ago, miaou said:

if i get enough gold in time, it will also be overrun with kittens.

Everything's better with kittens!

Happy to see so many liked my lil treat for this year! The morphed anatomy of the human eye and a fully developed chicken embryo. It had come up as a random idea from my mind one day and it turned into an amazing concept, one of my favorites for sure.
1oy9qy8.gif

And finally finished the garden! You could say, I bake some "interesting" pumpkin pies... best only have one slice at a time.
Fun event but as others have stated, I also wish it lasted longer or the plants grew quicker to balance the limited timeframe better. But we can atleast see them year round! 

OMMxES6.png