TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Yes. No moving them, only destroying and replacing them.

RIP that one raven I purchased. Thanks for the quick response~

1 hour ago, OMGitsKairi said:

So glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! I was super excited to find it. 🥰

Also @Rykan Yeah, big Nightwish fan here! Crossing my fingers that the North American concerts don't get postponed yet again, I managed to land 2nd row seats for the Lowell, MA show!

If you two (and any other NW fans out there) take a peek in the Lyrical Lineages thread, you'll see I've got a dozen Nightwish lineages already finished, including The Greatest Show On Earth and Master, Passion, Greed. I'm hoping to finish Dead Boy's Poem in about 5 hours, when the final pair grow up, I'm about 3 weeks (I hope!) from finishing Bye Bye Beautiful, and I'm about halfway done with The Poet and the Pendulum. (This one's taking forever, because I apparently didn't choose the two breeds' relative rarity well, and I keep getting stuck waiting on the proper breed to show up.) Edited to add, I happily breed for free, if you see a lineage you'd like a sibling from. 😊

So, yeah... I squee'd loud enough to startle my cats when I spotted that little pendulum treat!

Edited by catstaff

I finally caught up on all Tricks and Treats from years past. Now I have no idea what to do with myself while waiting for my eggs to hatch 😆🍬

Just finished up the 2018 treats and got my first 2017:

image.png.74ff6b1c5e2961b0f3ca8d6b0a86a8ae.png

He looks so alone out there, and he howls every once in a while.

can someone please tell me at which lvl do we start getting extra energy?

and.. is there a way to change back pitfire dragons to their normal forms?

Edited by Meruru

38 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Also @Rykan Yeah, big Nightwish fan here! Crossing my fingers that the North American concerts don't get postponed yet again, I managed to land 2nd row seats for the Lowell, MA show!

If you two (and any other NW fans out there) take a peek in the Lyrical Lineages thread, you'll see I've got a dozen Nightwish lineages already finished, including The Greatest Show On Earth and Master, Passion, Greed. I'm hoping to finish Dead Boy's Poem in about 5 hours, when the final pair grow up, I'm about 3 weeks (I hope!) from finishing Bye Bye Beautiful, and I'm about halfway done with The Poet and the Pendulum. (This one's taking forever, because I apparently didn't choose the two breeds' relative rarity well, and I keep getting stuck waiting on the proper breed to show up.) Edited to add, I happily breed for free, if you see a lineage you'd like a sibling from. 😊

So, yeah... I squee'd loud enough to startle my cats when I spotted that little pendulum treat!

Nightwish? *perks up*

Any Devin Townsend fans here?

39 minutes ago, ADN6 said:

I finally caught up on all Tricks and Treats from years past. Now I have no idea what to do with myself while waiting for my eggs to hatch 😆🍬

Keep staring at them like me?

Man, don't think I'm going to have anywhere even remotely close to enough time to decorate my garden :( I've been doing my best to check in every chance I can, but everything grows soooo slowly it's ridiculous. I've only made it to level 7, and am STILL waiting on my first round of acorn squash to be big enough to be worth harvesting. I have no idea how people have already managed to get to all the other plants...

Just collected my last Trick or Treat for the year. Shout-out to all the spriters, you did a fantastic job! My favorites were the Doctor Who spacesuit, the rams skull with the candles, the horsehead, and the animated parrot.  Thank you so much!

49 minutes ago, Meruru said:

can someone please tell me at which lvl do we start getting extra energy?

At level 10 you start getting 2 energy every five minutes.

49 minutes ago, Meruru said:

is there a way to change back pitfire dragons to their normal forms?

Not to my knowledge. Once they've been slain and exalted, they'll stay that way.

24 minutes ago, Wandering4Ever said:

Man, don't think I'm going to have anywhere even remotely close to enough time to decorate my garden :( I've been doing my best to check in every chance I can, but everything grows soooo slowly it's ridiculous. I've only made it to level 7, and am STILL waiting on my first round of acorn squash to be big enough to be worth harvesting. I have no idea how people have already managed to get to all the other plants...

*raises hand sheepishly* I have no life, no job, and am literally active on DC a good 8+ hours every day. That said, just based on how slowly the plants grow and how long it takes to build up energy (and that some actions apparently take multiple energy points) I definitely see how this can be a difficult event for people who usually have limited time on DC. Unfortunately this is a bit of a running theme with DC events, a lot of them have had limitations like this where you can only do so much at once and then have to wait or only have limited resources, for an event that's only playable for one week and given how much time and effort must have gone into *making* the game I wish there wouldn't be these sort of restrictions. 

i didn't realize there are different base farms to start from until a friend showed me a screenshot of hers. i'm so jealous of the logs with bright eyed critters hiding inside!

so my (probably dumb) question is, is there a way to buy or otherwise obtain "obstacles" for your farm? :3

7 minutes ago, miaou said:

i didn't realize there are different base farms to start from until a friend showed me a screenshot of hers. i'm so jealous of the logs with bright eyed critters hiding inside!

so my (probably dumb) question is, is there a way to buy or otherwise obtain "obstacles" for your farm? :3

You'll unlock them all eventually. Everything. I can't tell exactly at what level but I'm level 50 and have everything unlocked, all seeds, all obstacles.

Obviously they cost coins.

Edited by Kegluneq

7 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

You'll unlock them all eventually. Everything. I can't tell exactly at what level but I'm level 50 and have everything unlocked, all seeds, all obstacles.

Obviously they cost coins.

oh hurrah! thanks for giving me hope and motivation!

5 minutes ago, miaou said:

oh hurrah! thanks for giving me hope and motivation!

You're welcome! It's a very entertaining game! ^^

So, I found a way to connect fences in corners, this is an example, but you wouldn't be able to use the space highlighted in red:

yEMdhxr.png

I'm not sure if I'll keep that but looks cool, after all, fences are cheap. Sorry for the poorly photoshopped pic, if I go pixel by pixel it'd have taken too much time xD

Is there a way to undo a fence? I accidentally dropped it nowhere near where I wanted it to go. 😕

3 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Is there a way to undo a fence? I accidentally dropped it nowhere near where I wanted it to go. 😕

No, there's not. You have to use your pickaxe to remove it and buy another fence. But it costs just 1 coin ^^

Does anyone know how many energy points you get per hour? Or how long it takes to get the max allowed 100?

6 minutes ago, White Fox said:

No, unfortunately. Your only option is to destroy and buy a new one. :(

How many treats were in the first year of ToT? I have 94 but I'm not sure if that's all of them. 

Loving the event so far, can't wait for the new release! 🦇🎃👻

38 minutes ago, saltywench said:

I need some flowers and shrubberies , Deadly nightshade, Hemlock, Foxglove....hehehehe

Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, Skunk Weed?

I just found I still have no CB Grave after noticing that I have no CB Arcana,when searching for Kohraki.

It was too hard to catch them all, in last year,with no Platunum Thropy.

Maybe I can finish it in this year.

It won't be harder than catching Pitfire or Kohraki,I guess.(2 Pitfires & 3 Kohrakis caught in this year)

Well,only one more Arcana needed at present.

Edited by Nothing-to-say-or-see

52 minutes ago, Denwayasha said:

How many treats were in the first year of ToT? I have 94 but I'm not sure if that's all of them. 

Loving the event so far, can't wait for the new release! 🦇🎃👻

There are 94 for 2010, looks like you got them all!

2 minutes ago, Nothing-to-say-or-see said:

I just found I still have no CB Grave after noticing that I have no CB Arcana,when searching for Kohraki.

It was too hard to catch them all, in last year,with no Platunum Thropy.

Maybe I can finish it in this year.

It won't be harder than catching Pitfire or Kohraki,I guess.(2 Pitfires & 3 Kohrakis caught in this year)

It took me until this month to realize I only have 1 adult CB Black Marrow, all these years somehow it totally escaped me! Thankfully the older breeds seem to sit around the biome a lot.

I just found the little Nightwish pendulum, I was so excited to see it! Kudos to the creator. I see some others above also hope to see them on tour next year ❤️

I'm mostly I lurker here but I just wanna say thanks to everyone who made this event possible ❤️❤️ it warms my spooky heart