TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 hour ago, saltywench said:

The farm is so dark I cant see ANYTHING. Is there a way to brighten it at all? What is the point of decorating something you can't see? Even the lit street lamps are dark. It looks sooo much better through the inspect icon. That's how it should look all the time. Everything is invisible.

1 hour ago, Doll_81 said:

I have found that depend on the highlight tool is what’s highlight on the farm. If it’s dark then that means there is nothing to interact with. It’s always lit with the inspect tool because you can interact with everything. 

Yeah, the farm is only 'dark' when using specific tools (watering can shows everything as dark except what needs to be watered, harvest darkens everything that can't be harvested, etc). I think the issue comes with the fact that when entering the game the watering can is automatically active, so when you first enter the page it's always going to be 'dark' except what is available to water. If the watering can wasn't automatically activated when entering the page it wouldn't look dark from the start. 

If you're viewing someone else's farm, everything is brighter. I think once the event ends everything will brighten up in our own farms as well since there's nothing left to interact with.

if i'm in the middle of tending to a crop at midnight on halloween (well, 12:01 a.m. on November 1), does mean those plants are stuck at whatever stage they're at at that time? :blink:

Edited by trystan

Happy Halloween!! 🦇☠️😈☠️👻🦴💀🖤🦴👁️👁️🦴🧛‍♀️❤️🧛‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🦇🎃🌚alot Ty to TJ & Artists/Spriters for the TOT & the cool event Game..Can't wait for the new Halloween eggies!!!..Have a great Halloween 2021 everyone!!☠️👻

Edited by rachii.xo

3 minutes ago, jJedi_Master_1 said:

How many candies are there to pick up?

49 for this year.

13 minutes ago, jJedi_Master_1 said:

Thanks for the info trystan

you're quite welcome! :) 

When I started my Haunted Harvest I got really frustrated, as did others, with the slow energy while trying to tend to my crops.  Once I figured out what I was doing I calmed down and started to enjoy growing crops. 

Today I decided to work on how I wanted my Haunted Harvest, adding and subtracting various items.  I looked at some the "completed" gardens others posted and got really frustrated.  Try as I might I was failing miserably to make something beautiful. 

I took a break, took my new 10 week old puppy for a drive in the car.  I felt rejuvenated and started again with my garden.  Here is my Haunted Harvest:

finished haunted harvest.png

Edited by Pinch of StarDust
last of crop matured

How space does the Eyestalk need? I currently have it in a 1x1 space or 2x2 if you want to use the grid lines.

2 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Here is my Haunted Harvest:

That's lovely!

I've just started adding bits to mine. It's tricky on the phone.

1 minute ago, Spyridon said:

How space does the Eyestalk need? I currently have it in a 1x1 space or 2x2 if you want to use the grid lines.

It seems to be a gridline 2 x 2 based on this image -

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It seems to be a gridline 2 x 2 based on this image -

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks! I think you're right so I got rid of the eyestalk. I'm guessing the carnivorous plant is another large space one so I'll stick with the glowshrooms.

Wish coins were faster to earn. More than once i accidentally hoed my crops instead of harvesting  thus had to plant over. 😖

45 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Thanks! I think you're right so I got rid of the eyestalk. I'm guessing the carnivorous plant is another large space one so I'll stick with the glowshrooms.

It's 4x4, I left the space of 4 squares between each stalk.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:01 AM, dragongrrl said:

Finished my 50 from this year, now just need the 304 from 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Got 6 of them so far.:D

Just started on 2016 and at this rate, I'll be starting 2014 sometime tomorrow late morning or early afternoon. I might actually finish my backlog this year! :)

Should I harvest stuff as soon as it's ready, or let it grow awhile?

What is the most profitable crop, and how long does stuff take to grow?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I've just started adding bits to mine. It's tricky on the phone.

I’m having a heck of a time doing it on my phone.

7 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I’m having a heck of a time doing it on my phone.

I plan to go to work on Sunday mainly so I can finish mine on a real computer! XD

Are the fences different somehow? I have four fence options but to my eye there seem to be two options twice?

This has been a good Halloween event for me so far:

Got all the past trick or treat sets complete

Got all the eggs for breeds I needed Gender balance on

Got to breed the holiday mate for a few lineages I'm working on

Got five adults and three hatchlings to try for Undeads with

Can't wait to see what the new dragon is. All my eggs/hatchlings will be grown in time for me to grab a full set of 8.

20 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

15 minutes ago, Moondragon007 said:

Should I harvest stuff as soon as it's ready, or let it grow awhile?

What is the most profitable crop, and how long does stuff take to grow?

@Moondragon007, see Shadowdrake's table above. It shows best cost per energy as well as best cost per farming space used. You can also find further info on crops on the Currently Being Released page of the unofficial wiki. Hope that helps. :) https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Haunted_Harvest

Also, @Shadowdrake your data is beautiful! 😍 Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I plan to go to work on Sunday mainly so I can finish mine on a real computer! XD

Are the fences different somehow? I have four fence options but to my eye there seem to be two options twice?

Yeah, that’s what it looks like to me as well. I swear, the blind leading the blind over here lol. 

will we keep whatever plants we have on the farm after the event finishes? or will only the bought decorations stay?

Anyone planning on doing catch and release with the AP this year? I’m a little concerned that if I release any hatchies there, they won’t get seen before a week is up. I might wait a bit. 🤔