TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Question - if I get the Eye stalk and carnivorous plant and don't harvest, will they stay as decorations?

7 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Question - if I get the Eye stalk and carnivorous plant and don't harvest, will they stay as decorations?

I think so, mine has been fully grown and in my garden since yesterday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

I think so, mine has been fully grown and in my garden since yesterday afternoon.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tawanda001 said:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the two sets of metal gates? Seems like the ones that face the same way are simply copies of each other? I can't tell any sort of difference so why are there two of each? Inward and outward swing?

They are placed on the inner and outer edge of the tile respectively so they can be placed at the outer edges of the field on all sides 

Ah, thank you, my eyes are not the best, I could not tell. I shall enlarge, lol.

So, for people who are trying to get more Pitfires this year, how are you going about it? Are you getting your goals for the 'regular' adult first and then any more you catch goes towards the 'exalted' goals, or are you planning on dividing however many you get between regular and exalted? 

(Because I'm really unsure how I want to do it, my 'scroll goals' are relatively high and include variants separately and I'm unsure if it would be better to concentrate on only regulars this year or have a few of each...)

edit: Okay I'm really annoyed now. Apparently late last night before bed I accidentally planted pumpkins instead of parsnips, all clumped together. I was wondering why they weren't growing, I'd planned on planting a ton of parsnips since they take so little space but apparently I actually planted pumpkins. So I've just had to destroy about 20 coins worth of crop in order to allow a few of them to actually grow.

Edited by HeatherMarie

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

So, for people who are trying to get more Pitfires this year, how are you going about it? Are you getting your goals for the 'regular' adult first and then any more you catch goes towards the 'exalted' goals, or are you planning on dividing however many you get between regular and exalted? 

(Because I'm really unsure how I want to do it, my 'scroll goals' are relatively high and include variants separately and I'm unsure if it would be better to concentrate on only regulars this year or have a few of each...)

For me, 4 of my original 8 Pitfires will turn into Exalted on this Sunday Halloween. The other 4 will remain normal. The four new ones will be split between 1 pair of Exalted and 1 regular.

I'm having way too much fun with this game. It would be awesome if this game was used to integrate a crafting system.

I'm planning to Exalt all pitfires I grab, be them CB or AP. I hasten to add I've been able to catch nothing yet!

26 minutes ago, BirdSniff said:

I'm having way too much fun with this game. It would be awesome if this game was used to integrate a crafting system.

XD Sounds like you would like Stardew Valley. 

So... apparently you can't put things on the path type item? Would be cool if i can put stuff on patches of grass

so if we want to decor, the ground has to be the original sprites :0

I do agree with what's been said earlier with the game though - nowhere near enough energy given.

Okay so TJ said on first page there's 50 treats this year but... only have 49 in my basket and no more spawning?

4 minutes ago, Ladywizard said:

Okay so TJ said on first page there's 50 treats this year but... only have 49 in my basket and no more spawning?

One has been removed because it was shown publicly before being submitted

12 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Interesting--when the non-holiday eggs go under 4 days, they crowd into one more line in the AP.  I wonder if that's intended.

This was implemented for Valentine season I think, because people where complaining about the AP blocked with all holiday eggs during holiday season and the normal eggs running out of time behind that holiday wall.

6 hours ago, 0x08 said:

image.png.a58f4ef2d2e4468bfbb09778bbbc4da5.png

The 45 degree jack-o'-lantern joins the fray.

That's perfect! :D

3 hours ago, Stromboli said:

I like the combination of acorn squash and cabbage. 😀

2062286779_ScreenShot2021-10-27at12_22_36PM.png.671a087438da280593da2883ddb6c434.png

Ooh yes, nice combo!

2 minutes ago, Natsuharu said:

I only got 49 treats for this year--- is there a glitch or are there only 49? @_@

There are only 49 now.

15 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

This was implemented for Valentine season I think, because people where complaining about the AP blocked with all holiday eggs during holiday season and the normal eggs running out of time behind that holiday wall.

That, I know, thanks.  :)  The new bit was taking over more than one row.

i love all the treats this year but i think the andean [not sure about censors so insert alternate word for rooster] of the rock is my favorite, he’s so dynamic! 

I love him too! Lil orange guy.

I've started getting 2020 treats with only 41 of the 2021 treats in my basket. I know one was removed, but that still leaves eight I don't have. Does anyone know what might be up with that?

Yunno, I really really *really* wish these holiday-events were available to play year-round, even off-site. We have the off-site Valkemarian Tales that gives us year-round access to all the RPG-type events we've had, but some of the others would be awesome to have more access to as well. The gardening thing has really grown on me and I would love to be able to play around with it for longer than a week, and the holiday cooking and decorating games would be so much fun to play more often! (And yes, I'm *still* sore about the tetris game because it's my very favorite DC-event game we've ever had and as many different block/tetris-type games as the internet has I have yet to find one that has all the same elements I love about the DC one...)

@Kazeko If your username is the same, I looked at your trick or treat page and it looks like you have all 49 of this year's treats.