TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Once we finish out the untested ones, we'll need to go back and split the orange into ones that don't change (at all) and ones that turn it orange, but we can't test that until second breedings so it's not a rush.

30 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I thought it was only spitfire, is there another one that we know has coloured flames? There are more fire-breathing breeds of course but I thought no unusual colour was specified.

iirc female Astaarus is blue but doesn't change them to blue. i think there was also another one listed somewhere in the previous dozen pages, but i don't have time to reread. and Amarignis, i would argue, is more purple than orange but they breed orange.

this is just referring to sprites. i've no idea if there are dragons with descriptions that imply a certain color and it doesn't follow that color.

Edited by steeve

41 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Updated list for those who can't access or don't want to access the spreadsheet:

Flamingo

Floret Astro (all 3 colours)

Floret Iris- Peach and Purple

Gemshard- Amethyst

Heartseeker

Heartstealing

Holiday 2007 (Holly)

Holiday 2008 (Yulebuck)

Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer

Holiday 2012 (Wrapping Wing)

Lunar Herald (silver, gold)

Pyropellis (cyan, green, blue, purple, flameless)

Risensong

Rosebud

Sakuhana

Setsong

Spinel- Green

Update to the list

3 minutes ago, steeve said:

iirc female Astaarus is blue but doesn't change them to blue. i think there was also another one listed somewhere in the previous dozen pages, but i don't have time to reread. and Amarignis, i would argue, is more purple than orange but they breed orange.

Ohh yeah true I forgot about Astaarus. For Amarignis I believe Dohaerys, the artist, mentioned that they aren't regular flames but magic manifesting that way, so it's probably intended behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Dalek said:

Updated list for those who can't access or don't want to access the spreadsheet:

Flamingo

Floret Astro (all 3 colours)

Floret Iris- Peach and Purple

Holiday 2012 (Wrapping Wing)

Pyropellis (cyan, green, blue, purple, flameless)

Risensong

Sakuhana

Setsong

Spinel- Green

Another update to the list. All the breeds removed that were there originally are no changes

2 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Has anyone tried Pyropellis and Magnesiums?

Magnesiums are 2headed and therefore incompatible with Pyros

20 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

just tried again with spitfires and they are for sure orange :( thats upsetting...

They would look really nice with the cyan variant.

Only thing that hasn't been tried is the gold alstro (bronze egg).

4 minutes ago, MissK. said:

They would look really nice with the cyan variant.

hopefully we'll have a way to make flame colors stick so the cyan flame pyros can be paired with the Spitfire.

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Only thing that hasn't been tried is the gold alstro (bronze egg).

That and the colored flame Pyros, but we obviously can't do anything about them yet until they get off of cooldown.

10 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

hopefully we'll have a way to make flame colors stick so the cyan flame pyros can be paired with the Spitfire.

This is where second-stage testing will be important — we'll find out if all those orange results are really orange, or "no change."

And find out if the first breeding sets the color permanently, or if it changes with every breeding.

But we'll probably be in a new topic by then, as this one is likely set to be closed soon.

3 hours ago, Tini said:

Once we finish out the untested ones, we'll need to go back and split the orange into ones that don't change (at all) and ones that turn it orange, but we can't test that until second breedings so it's not a rush.

I will be doing this once we can start a second round of breeding.

How many unique breeds are we up to with this release. I have 286.

I just tried my hand at trying to hatch two of my shumoga eggs with an earthquake, but sadly neither of the eggs survived this time around. I did successfully hatch a copper egg that was also on my scroll, so luckily there is some good news here. I might try getting a few skittish shumoga again later when I don’t have other eggs on my scroll, but I might just trade for them instead. I think it’s cool to see another dragon variant that can be obtained though a bsa though.

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

How many unique breeds are we up to with this release. I have 286.

I'm not missing any and I also have 286.

I know it's too early to tell for sure yet, but I'm super-hoping the flame-color change is either permanent or there is some way to make it permanent. If it does change with each breeding I'll have to collect even more Pyropellis(es?) than usual to designate some as 'never breed again' after I get the desired color. (I'm especially saying this now after bald-ing my newest Pyro, I love the little baldy so much!)

11 hours ago, Shokomon said:

So wait. Are these all first attempts or second attempts?

Also, that was random that they didn't change. At least it is working now.

All the first, I'm not so fast for the second,maybe next week(lol)

11 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I think that image thing was a matter of browser cache. Your pywy's image hadn't updated on the forums yet (according to your browser at least), so it was displaying an older version of the image. Ctrl+Shift+R forces most browsers to clear cache and reload all resources on a webpage (images, scripts, etc). :)

In more pywy news, mine are about to grow up and I'll breed one to a Water dragon to make him bald; in a week or so I'll try to breed him to my other pywy and see if his fire is restored.

(Haven't really seen talk about breeding pywys with different flames. It should be interesting. :))

AOUGH I forgot my water is on cooldown 🤦 Next time lol

Browse cache?Maybe it's the point,but I'm too late to try with another browser,however,thank you for your suggestion.

BTW,I hope they can exchange the fire color when bred with each other,while the bald ones get reignition.

~~ Trumpet fanfare! ~~

We've officially tested every dragon out there against the pyropellis, except for the alternate colors of pyropellis itself. As expected, there are no new additions to the list of dragons that change the colors.

• unlit/bald: breed with water dragon (the specific breed, not any water element) 
  • green: breed with copper (any), exalted pitfire, arcana, or magi
  • cyan/light blue: breed with red fire gem, female hellfire, female hell horse
  • indigo/dark blue: breed with brimstone, carina, falconiform
  • purple: breed with green fire gem, omen wyrm

Next week, we check secondary breedings! Then we'll find out if the "no change" are really that, or if they will change them back to orange (or possibly some of each!), and whether pyropellises with different flame colors affect each other.

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

~~ Trumpet fanfare! ~~

We've officially tested every dragon out there against the pyropellis, except for the alternate colors of pyropellis itself. As expected, there are no new additions to the list of dragons that change the colors.

The general public thanks you all pioneers of science!

RIP 6/8 of my shumoga batch died and I ran out of greens so I can't try to hatch the last 2. No alt hatchies for me for 2 weeks :(

2 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

~~ Trumpet fanfare! ~~

• unlit/bald: breed with water dragon (the specific breed, not any water element) 

Thank you to all the people who bred in the name of science. So cyan color just with female hellfire and hellhorse, and not male? That's. ........  unfortunate.

10 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Easier to do a Cliff's Notes:

Shumoga aka "toothpaste" eggs: forced hatch (eq or kill on EGG) required to get dark variant.

Pyropellis egg: adult flames change color when bred to specific mate. Spreadsheet of results is here. Short version:

Edited to add: no interest and no egg will still change the color. Refusal does not. No word yet (of course) if change is permanent on first breeding.
Some breeds still left to test for science, but we expect that to be the full list.

Appreciate this thank you.