TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

I catch from abandoned eggs 2g egg of Pyroplellis dragon. 

I don't know what the color he has be but them parents is female Rainbow copper and green-fire Pyroplellis. 

If someone know what the color of fire has be at my dragon? :'D 

6 minutes ago, Selever said:

I don't know what the color he has be but them parents is female Rainbow copper and green-fire Pyroplellis. 

Your dragon will be orange, as they only change on being bred.

9 minutes ago, Selever said:

That's something I haven't seen discussed since we found out breeding can change the parent's flame; do the babies inherit the parent pyro's flame or do they start off with the default like the parent did? I would guess the former since the information talks about parents giving their flame to their offspring, but then that begs the question of whether their flame will be permanent.

Edited by Myoukin

Just to confirm, you can get a hatchling with the kill option, right?

I don't want to have to Earthquake my eggs all the time.

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Just to confirm, you can get a hatchling with the kill option, right?

I don't want to have to Earthquake my eggs all the time.

Indeed, you can kill the egg and catch the hatchling as it scampers out.

13 hours ago, Tini said:

we aren't capable of knowing yet. Nothing can breed a second time.

I know. I meant for future breedings

2 hours ago, Myoukin said:

do the babies inherit the parent pyro's flame or do they start off with the default like the parent did?

They start off with the default orange flames. Now that we have the encyclopedia, you probably have seen enough hatchlings for the sprites to be revealed, showing that all of the hatchlings have orange flames.

Just now, Fyrebird said:

They start off with the default orange flames. Now that we have the encyclopedia, you probably have seen enough hatchlings for the sprites to be revealed, showing that all of the hatchlings have orange flames.

We know the CB adults start off with orange flames, but have we had any second gen breedings mature into adults yet to tell us if they start out with an orange flame or if they inherit their parent's flame as their lore would indicate? That's the question I'm positing.

Perhaps the 2G babies don't show their inheritance right away. We'll have to wait until they're all grown up, I think.

5 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Perhaps the 2G babies don't show their inheritance right away. We'll have to wait until they're all grown up, I think.

Considering there's no greyed out sprites that would indicate hatchies being capable of showing flame inheritance, I can only assuming the differences will only show once the dragons mature into adults. The golden question is pretty much will the second gens inherit the parent's flame or will they start out adulthood orange the way their parents did? And if they do inherit it, will it be permanent or temporary?

I'm currently trying to keep my scroll clear of anything but Shumogas to try an EQ. Failing! I just can't pass up some stuff. Guess when the time comes I will have to try to find someone to hold a couple of other eggs. XD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I'm currently trying to keep my scroll clear of anything but Shumogas to try an EQ. Failing! I just can't pass up some stuff. Guess when the time comes I will have to try to find someone to hold a couple of other eggs. XD

Know the feeling - I ended up just using kill because I'm too impatient to clear my scroll :P  

I just forced three Shumoga eggs (using kill which seemed safer) and was exeptionally lucky, I've got three living hatchies on my scroll. But I think I'll not test my luck any time soon again. 1 - I am pretty sure it will desert me if I keep pushing it and 2 the hatchie description breaks my heart

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s very skittish and hides if approached.   vs  Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It loves snuggling and will approach anyone for attention.

*sniffs* I've destroyed my hatchies trust in other people.

Anyone else feel guilty for having simulated proper wild hatchings for their tame Shumoga eggs?

Edited by Laura-Lana

I don't think the dark shumogas really like me, EQ gave me 0/7, low time eggs all with big holes. They are super pretty but this is why I probably won't be collecting more than a couple.

A huge thank you to whoever recently earthquaked their shumoga eggs, cause I just managed to find a caveborn skittish hatchling in the ap. I’m very happy to have welcomed one onto my scroll now after my failed attempt. :) 

1 hour ago, Laura-Lana said:

Anyone else feel guilty for having simulated proper wild hatchings for their tame Shumoga eggs?

OMG yes, I've yet to get a success myself but yeah I definitely feel guilty every time I use Kill, or EQ, or Bite.... I've gotten very good at avoiding looking at the flavor-text for adult kills, that one breaks my heart. But I do it anyway because zombies. The skittish hatchie is especially guiltful though, the idea that because we forced it out of it's shell early it seems to distrust us. (Which, actually, the adult description shows that forcing is the 'natural way' in the wild, logically I would think they would evolve over time to be brave and strong when force-hatched because it's the norm....)

So this just happened!

1028966096_Screenshot_20210831-2053092.thumb.png.1efb3f3c387c58277cc8bfe047c2f4ba.png

Guess I'm starting a new lineage. 😂 I like the pairing though. I think it looks really nice.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

OMG yes, I've yet to get a success myself but yeah I definitely feel guilty every time I use Kill, or EQ, or Bite.... I've gotten very good at avoiding looking at the flavor-text for adult kills, that one breaks my heart. But I do it anyway because zombies. The skittish hatchie is especially guiltful though, the idea that because we forced it out of it's shell early it seems to distrust us. (Which, actually, the adult description shows that forcing is the 'natural way' in the wild, logically I would think they would evolve over time to be brave and strong when force-hatched because it's the norm....)

Good to know I am not the only one! And yes the text for killing adults tears my heart apart too. I don't think being distrustful of others and their motivations is automatically a contradiction to being brave and strong, so that part works for me. It just pains me to read it because the other description shows that evolution hasn't taken away the shumogas ability to trust and be affectionate if they aren't forced.

MissK.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you that next time it will work better. That result would drive me crazy.

2 hours ago, Lovecats said:

So this just happened!

1028966096_Screenshot_20210831-2053092.thumb.png.1efb3f3c387c58277cc8bfe047c2f4ba.png

Guess I'm starting a new lineage. 😂 I like the pairing though. I think it looks really nice.

I thought magis changed the flame colour?

7 minutes ago, Laura-Lana said:

MissK.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you that next time it will work better. That result would drive me crazy.

Thanks. Can't say I'm happy with it yeah, but I guess I'll have to get more CBs when I'm unlocked tomorrow. 

Edited by MissK.

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

they do, it just doesnt show the changed color until you click back on to their page. 

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

i thought so too....

edit - thanks Lexi, you posted while i was typing my reply

i wonder if we have any data for (1) breeding one of the colors Pyropellis with another dragon that makes a different color or (2) breeding a 2G Pyropellis  with (a) the same breed as the non-Pyropellis parent or (b) to another flame-color changing breed -  to see what happens to its flame color (there might not be any 2G adults yet, but i'm putting it out there)

Edited by trystan

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They do, it just doesn't show up on the breeding page itself and happens directly after the breeding. If you look at the dragon shown, it has green flames.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ETq3H

Edit: lexi beat me to the punch XD

Edited by Myoukin
typos

57 minutes ago, trystan said:

i thought so too....

edit - thanks Lexi, you posted while i was typing my reply

i wonder if we have any data for (1) breeding one of the colors Pyropellis with another dragon that makes a different color or (2) breeding a 2G Pyropellis  with (a) the same breed as the non-Pyropellis parent or (b) to another flame-color changing breed -  to see what happens to its flame color (there might not be any 2G adults yet, but i'm putting it out there)

We've maybe another day or so until the 2gs are grown up, and the same goes for being able for the originals to breed again. So at the moment, no data [though in regards to 2g and up...current theory is they go orange by default due to lack of different hatchlings *also, I imagine that regardless of back flame color/lack of flame that the Pyropellis parent breathes orange fire - hence why the hatchling is orange by default when "lit ablaze by its parents"*]