TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

9 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

Id love a levitate/float ability on balloons, so then we would have no reason to even remotely complain about eq.
Problem solved!

This would also solve the problem of people who want to play solo or just don't like to impose on people (like me); yeah, 2/3rds of the forum users don't mind holding onto something if you ask in the correct thread, but I hate not being able to do something for myself and having to ask other people for help. I find I end up not using earthquake as often because they involve so much planning around hatch times to make sure the stuff you don't want to quake isn't affected (not to mention the whole 'dead eggs locking up slots for 24 hours' thing). If we had a BSA that could protect our important eggs from earthquake without having to send them away, I feel like it would quell a good portion of the dissent around the mechanic.

Another thing I've played around with is the idea of Pillow dragons having a 'Cushion' BSA that would work similar to how Purples function; they would either minimize the chance for the egg to die as a result of a quake or increase the chance of the egg surviving a quake or remaining unaffected.

25 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

Id love a levitate/float ability on balloons, so then we would have no reason to even remotely complain about eq.
Problem solved!

Can report no change (orange) for Aquilo, Bronze Prize and Scimitarwings.

I'm afraid of mucking up the spreadsheet, so if anyone wants to add the info, feel free!

Py_3.PNG

Py_2.PNG

P1_1.PNG

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

This would also solve the problem of people who want to play solo or just don't like to impose on people (like me); yeah, 2/3rds of the forum users don't mind holding onto something if you ask in the correct thread, but I hate not being able to do something for myself and having to ask other people for help. I find I end up not using earthquake as often because they involve so much planning around hatch times to make sure the stuff you don't want to quake isn't affected (not to mention the whole 'dead eggs locking up slots for 24 hours' thing). If we had a BSA that could protect our important eggs from earthquake without having to send them away, I feel like it would quell a good portion of the dissent around the mechanic.

Another thing I've played around with is the idea of Pillow dragons having a 'Cushion' BSA that would work similar to how Purples function; they would either minimize the chance for the egg to die as a result of a quake or increase the chance of the egg surviving a quake or remaining unaffected.

This! I prefer to play solo too. I'm not comfortable handing over precious eggs to someone I don't know.

I also like the idea of having a BSA to counteract Earthquake so I don't end up killing stuff I don't want to kill.  Or maybe tweak EQ so it only affects the eggs you want. Don't knwo if that can be done or not; I'm just tossing out random ideas. XD

I had to try Deep Sea again, because it made no sense to me why breeding with them would not extinguish the flames.

image.png.36d0e901a151fd3e1034e0d343b98307.png

Same result, so it was not a glitch. I am sad. :(

@Halo--Cat I couldn't agree more with you about loving the dragons but hating the mechanic and hoping that this will not be a popular trend for dragon concepts.

4 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I also like the idea of having a BSA to counteract Earthquake so I don't end up killing stuff I don't want to kill.  Or maybe tweak EQ so it only affects the eggs you want. Don't knwo if that can be done or not; I'm just tossing out random ideas. XD

Agreed, I feel like having something to reducethe chance of a negative effect or increase the chance of a positive effect would at least let people feel like they have more control over the process instead of 'pray RNGsus doesn't forsake you'.

For earthquake itself, I always saw it as an AOE type of deal, which is why it would effect everything on the ground regardless of whether it's hidden or not and why something like float/levitate would work well to negate it; an earthquake won't be able to touch something that was lifted off the ground (why flying type Pokemon are immune to ground type attacks), so it would be a way to make sure certain eggs are safe (as well as give Balloons some much needed love and attention).

Adding results here since I had a few grow up! (Don't know how to work the spreadsheet thingy)

Pyropellis x Sinii Krai = no change

Pyropellis x Monarch = no change

Pyropellis x Melismor = no change

Edited by Uther_Pendragon

32 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Can report no change (orange) for Aquilo, Bronze Prize and Scimitarwings.

I'm afraid of mucking up the spreadsheet, so if anyone wants to add the info, feel free!

I got the Aquilo and Bronze Shimmerscale; somebody had already done Scimitarwings

13 minutes ago, Uther_Pendragon said:

Pyropellis x Sinii Krai = no change

Pyropellis x Monarch = no change

Pyropellis x Melismor = no change

These are all done.

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I got the Aquilo and Bronze Shimmerscale; somebody had already done Scimitarwings

Thank you!

This is the current list (according to the spreadsheet) of what has NOT been tested. I expect these are all orange, but FOR SCIENCE! we will test them all!

Please let us know (or update the spreadsheet if you want) if you have tested any of these.

~@~

Alcedine Wyvern (Brown)
Cantormaris (Tutela)
Dark Green (alt)
Flamingo Wyvern
Floret Alstro (Purple, Gold, Peach)
Floret Iris (Purple, Peach)
Freckled
Gemshard (Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst)
Gold-Horned Tangar
Harvest
Heartseeker
Heartstealing
Holiday 2007 (Holly)
Holiday 2008 (Yulebuck)
Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer)
Holiday 2012 (Wrapping Wing)
Imperial Fleshcrowne
Khusa
Lunar Herald (bronze, silver, gold)
Neotropical
Prize - Western (gold)
Pyralspite - Spessartine
Pyropellis (Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Flameless)
Radiant Angel
Ridgewing (Purple)
Risensong
Rosebud
Sakuhana
Seasonal (Spring, Autumn)
Setsong
Speckle-Throated
Spinel (Green)
Spotted Greenwing
Xenowyrm (Chrono, Obidar)

Edited by Fyrebird
Update

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Agreed, I feel like having something to reducethe chance of a negative effect or increase the chance of a positive effect would at least let people feel like they have more control over the process instead of 'pray RNGsus doesn't forsake you'.

For earthquake itself, I always saw it as an AOE type of deal, which is why it would effect everything on the ground regardless of whether it's hidden or not and why something like float/levitate would work well to negate it; an earthquake won't be able to touch something that was lifted off the ground (why flying type Pokemon are immune to ground type attacks), so it would be a way to make sure certain eggs are safe (as well as give Balloons some much needed love and attention).

yes exactly!
I have like...2 balloon dragons, and it would give me a reason to get a ton, and actually use Earthquake. 

Just tried breeding with a Dark Green alt, orange flames did not change. 

The thing I'm most disappointed about right now is that it seems the unlit/bald version is *only* from one specific breed, Water dragons, instead of water-element or breeds specifically said to have some sort of coating/slime/etc. Looking at the current data it seems very few breeds will actually affect the flame at all, I'm still holding out some hope that maybe it's just a 'not always' thing and some of the confirmed-orange may actually change color sometimes? It's just such a cool new mechanic to play around with and the different colors being confined to only 2-4 breeds each makes it less so. Just my opinion, of course.

Still waiting for the rest of my hatchies to grow up to get the pretty flame babies.

In other news, I EQ'ed my 5 Shumoga eggs last night, 4 died (all had S1 to S3 cracks and around 5 days), and 1 was unaffected. I have bad luck q_q

57 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

This is the current list (according to the spreadsheet) of what has NOT been tested. I expect these are all orange, but FOR SCIENCE! we will test them all!

Please let us know (or update the spreadsheet if you want) if you have tested any of these.

~@~

Alcedine Wyvern (Brown)
Cantormaris (Tutela)
Dark Green (alt)
Flamingo Wyvern
Floret Alstro (Purple, Gold, Peach)
Floret Iris (Purple, Peach)
Freckled
Gemshard (Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst)
Gold-Horned Tangar
Harvest
Heartseeker
Heartstealing
Holiday 2007 (Holly)
Holiday 2008 (Yulebuck)
Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer)
Imperial Fleshcrowne
Khusa
Lunar Herald (bronze, silver, gold)
Neotropical
Prize - Western (gold)
Pyralspite - Spessartine
Pyropellis (Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Flameless)
Radiant Angel
Ridgewing (Purple)
Risensong
Rosebud
Sakuhana
Seasonal (Spring, Autumn)
Setsong
Speckle-Throated
Spinel (Green)
Spotted Greenwing
Xenowyrm (Chrono, Obidar)

I updated the list because someone was listing breeds so you may want to double check ;)

I wonder what happens if you breed 2 different colour pyropellis together. Do they swap colours or do they both turn red since they technically breathe red fire (default)? 

Also if I breed two purple pyros together do they both turn red or stay purple? 

Just locked at the Google spreadsheet again and it's such a shame that so few dragons create the other colours.

But overall the mechanic is really cool and I enjoy the breed. Can't wait for my new eggs to hatch.

6 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

I wonder what happens if you breed 2 different colour pyropellis together. Do they swap colours or do they both turn red since they technically breathe red fire (default)? 

Also if I breed two purple pyros together do they both turn red or stay purple? 

Unfortunately, 2 orange pyros bred together don't change colour and unfortunately, no one has had adults long enough to test breed two other flame colours together

Just now, caya said:

Just locked at the Google spreadsheet again and it's such a shame that so few dragons create the other colours.

But overall the mechanic is really cool and I enjoy the breed. Can't wait for my new eggs to hatch.

If its not locked, then its fully possible that a green pyro bred with a blazeback can bring the orange flames back

orange pyralspites stay orange.
chrono xenos also stay orange.

if someone could add this to the spreadsheet i'd be thankful.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/uF2jP

https://dragcave.net/lineage/x2ayn

i'm really hoping some of these breeding mechanics are oversights. it seems odd that some of the dragons with colored flame don't produce colored flame, and that the only dragon that makes them bald is water?? hopefully the changes don't change per mate, so maybe at least we'll be able to forever have cool flame colors with different mates. that would at least lend a degree of control to which sprite we have, instead of just each one reverting to orange after the first mate.

Updated list for those who can't access or don't want to access the spreadsheet:

Floret Astro Purple and Gold

Floret Iris- Peach and Purple

Pyropellis (cyan, green, blue, purple, flameless)

Risensong

Setsong

Spinel- Green

Edited by Dalek

41 minutes ago, Dalek said:

If its not locked, then its fully possible that a green pyro bred with a blazeback can bring the orange flames back

I'm confused as to why you quoted me for this? As mistake?

Edited by caya

Just now, caya said:

I'm confused as to why you quoted me for this? As mistake?

No. I was answering you? Orange pyros don't change colours. However, if breeding an orange and a green together, the result might be that the green flamed Pyro changes back to orange. This is just a theory until its actually comfirmed

20 minutes ago, steeve said:

i'm really hoping some of these breeding mechanics are oversights. it seems odd that some of the dragons with colored flame don't produce colored flame, and that the only dragon that makes them bald is water?? hopefully the changes don't change per mate, so maybe at least we'll be able to forever have cool flame colors with different mates. that would at least lend a degree of control to which sprite we have, instead of just each one reverting to orange after the first mate.

I thought it was only spitfire, is there another one that we know has coloured flames? There are more fire-breathing breeds of course but I thought no unusual colour was specified.

I've not been well and only paid minimal attention to my new eggs (stuck them on ND and forgot about them). So I have 4 orange pyros, but looking at TJ's and seeing mentions of EQs I've missed a lot. Can someone point out what page I should start reading from to find out what's the what? Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Updated list for those who can't access or don't want to access the spreadsheet:

Cantor- Tutela

Flamingo

Floret Astro (all 3 colours)

Floret Iris- Peach and Purple

Gemshard- Amethyst

Heartseeker

Heartstealing

Holiday 2007 (Holly)

Holiday 2008 (Yulebuck)

Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer

Lunar Herald (silver, gold)

Pyropellis (cyan, green, blue, purple, flameless)

Radiant Angel

Ridgewing- Purple

Risensong

Rosebud

Sakuhana

Setsong

Spinel- Green

Update to the list

11 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I've not been well and only paid minimal attention to my new eggs (stuck them on ND and forgot about them). So I have 4 orange pyros, but looking at TJ's and seeing mentions of EQs I've missed a lot. Can someone point out what page I should start reading from to find out what's the what? Thank you.

Easier to do a Cliff's Notes:

Shumoga aka "toothpaste" eggs: forced hatch (eq or kill on EGG) required to get dark variant.

Pyropellis egg: adult flames change color when bred to specific mate. Spreadsheet of results is here. Short version:

• unlit/bald: breed with water dragon (the specific breed, not any water element) 
  • green: breed with copper (any), exalted pitfire, arcana, or magi
  • cyan/light blue: breed with red fire gem, female hellfire, female hell horse
  • indigo/dark blue: breed with brimstone, carina, falconiform
  • purple: breed with green fire gem, omen wyrm

Edited to add: no interest and no egg will still change the color. Refusal does not. No word yet (of course) if change is permanent on first breeding.
Some breeds still left to test for science, but we expect that to be the full list.

Edited by Fyrebird