TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

46 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's really a lot of luck and timing... you say under 4d10h, is that with or without Incubate? Sometimes it's wise to let it get down lower timed if it's been Incubated. The cracking seems good, the views are possibly a little low, though not too bad, what kind of unique views did they have? All the stuff I'm saying is just speculation on the best chances based on collected stats, it really is a lot of random luck.

Thank you! All were without incubate, UV's around 500-600. A few of the crew want to keep trying but I'm done and will try to trade for them lol.

Oh,men,it seems sth wrong happened when I breed my MercuryRL3Uq.gif with my Female Hellhorse.

BTW,Refusal won't change the fire,all other 3 situations will change(Saturn and Jupiter changed fire color with a new egg,Venus got Indigo fire with "don't show much interest",Mars shows refusal and was not changed,only sth strange with Mercury,1 new egg and schrödinger fire color)

At first 1 egg was produced successfully and I see Mercury's fire turned cyan,

image.png.0311c800c1bd21efde0aea4fa74abcde.png

But when I set him into my signature,the fire seems still Red-yellow.

image.thumb.png.2f0794735817e147eb61d37ec57f1415.png

image.thumb.png.2ea0a5aeb2eaf8aad4f1187a5adafe36.png

Well,there is nothing abnormal now,after about 1 hour.

Edited by NEX-Trishula

I caught two dark Shumogas in the AP, both CBs, a few days ago do it is possible to get a dark Shumoga this way (though you need to be very lucky).

For people willing to EQ, if your eggs are unaffected by the first Earthquake, keep Earthquaking and only use kill at last resort. You can do several back to back EQs. Of course, this is only if you have multiple Green dragons.

I never realized just how many pebble dragons I've collected over the years... 46 of them. At least I won't run out. 🤣

4/4 success on using Kill to get dark Shumogas (all around 5 days without incubate, with holes in eggs)! I'm not going to risk using EQ at all.

@NiomedesThat’s some incredible luck there. When I kill an egg, it just dies. I think some newer players don’t know that you can do multiple Earthquakes so I was highlighting this possibility.

Tan Ridgewing (m) and Olive (m) don´t change the colour of the flames.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

@NiomedesThat’s some incredible luck there. When I kill an egg, it just dies. I think some newer players don’t know that you can do multiple Earthquakes so I was highlighting this possibility.

I thought so! I'd never used Kill to force an egg before, I knew it was possible, but I'd always muuuccchhh rather wait until it reaches 4d and hatches normally. I just always have eggs I don't wanna risk with EQ that always ALWAYS get killed whenever I try lmaooooo

I just tried to EQ two CB Shumoga eggs. I'd influenced both, but hadn't incubated them. One was at 4D 2H; the other 4D 5H. Both had large holes.

Both eggs were unaffected by two EQ attempts. Both were killed when I tried the 'kill egg' option :( 

The list gets shorter and shorter, I don't think there are any more colour changes at this point. But of course we still have to check for science. Unfortunately the rest of my pyros still need a day or more to grow up, so there may not be much to test by then.

Is anyone else finding EQ’d Pyros/Shumos are stubborn to grow up at 4 days? 

Its happened a second time where they didnt insta grow up, and took 5-6K views before growing. Many clicks also. 

My white Shumos were not stubborn, at around 2500 views when grown. The one Pyro unaffected by EQ also insta grew. Is this just a side effect of EQ? They all were around similar views at the point of 4days.

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

yeah pretty sure forced hatchlings (either by kill or EQ) need more views to grow.

Ahh I see, I never knew this! Thanks :)

Did some EQing last night for dark shumogas, got 5/7 death and 2/7 survivors that I caught. The last egg to die sucked up 8 EQs by itself. Thankfully the two that lived made a pair, but that just means I need to do this again later to obtain more.

6 hours ago, NEX-Trishula said:

Oh,men,it seems sth wrong happened when I breed my MercuryRL3Uq.gif with my Female Hellhorse.

BTW,Refusal won't change the fire,all other 3 situations will change(Saturn and Jupiter changed fire color with a new egg,Venus got Indigo fire with "don't show much interest",Mars shows refusal and was not changed,only sth strange with Mercury,1 new egg and schrödinger fire color)

At first 1 egg was produced successfully and I see Mercury's fire turned cyan,

image.png.0311c800c1bd21efde0aea4fa74abcde.png

But when I set him into my signature,the fire seems still Red-yellow.

image.thumb.png.2f0794735817e147eb61d37ec57f1415.png

image.thumb.png.2ea0a5aeb2eaf8aad4f1187a5adafe36.png

Well,there is nothing abnormal now,after about 1 hour.

So wait. Are these all first attempts or second attempts?

Also, that was random that they didn't change. At least it is working now.

I think that image thing was a matter of browser cache. Your pywy's image hadn't updated on the forums yet (according to your browser at least), so it was displaying an older version of the image. Ctrl+Shift+R forces most browsers to clear cache and reload all resources on a webpage (images, scripts, etc). :)

In more pywy news, mine are about to grow up and I'll breed one to a Water dragon to make him bald; in a week or so I'll try to breed him to my other pywy and see if his fire is restored.

(Haven't really seen talk about breeding pywys with different flames. It should be interesting. :))

AOUGH I forgot my water is on cooldown 🤦 Next time lol

Edited by 0x08

I'm torn between hoping color is permanent and hoping its not.

Reason for permanent - less likely to mess with lineages [All other sprite changes (ex. Scaleless Lumina, Glowy Aeons) are temporary]

Reason for hoping it's not - Breeds that caused no color change "locked" the dragon into its base Orange 

Could be fun if it's permanent, but they have a BSA to "unlock" it and allow a color change at the next breeding! It would make them so much flexible in lineage

21 minutes ago, Nightmon said:

Could be fun if it's permanent, but they have a BSA to "unlock" it and allow a color change at the next breeding! It would make them so much flexible in lineage

Oh yeah, they could have something akin to Celestials 'corporealize' that you use before breeding (or just in general) to either reset the flame or allow a different flame to influence their color.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, Charu said:

@FyrebirdWell, do if you want a zombie. Depending on what time it was for Oddsoxdi, they could use it for zombie fodder on the 31st. Else, sadness because it will decay away. It all could work out. 😅

---

My thoughts might be disorganized, but I've rewritten this a few times. I've tried to shorten it but it ain't happening so bear with me. 

I think the discussions and groans from people from another alt forced through EQ bring up an old topic that has been around since BSAs were added years and years ago. Back when Discord was called IRC, a lot of users, myself included, wanted to see Balloons become valued via Float/Levitate. This was a suggestion that people suggested time and time again. It is a suggestion that has often been left on read. I think a lot of frustration for EQ as an alt mechanic comes from the risk EQ carries, as well as no way to mitigate it. Float/Levitate was the idea the community had to solve the problem. If you want to prevent damaging your eggs that you don't want to potentially die, you will have to devote resources. This is normal and is common with other BSAs, chaining multiple together to achieve desired results. Even when EQ was only looked at as the risky way to hatch eggs early, people avoided it because they didn't want EQ to destroy their batch. For those with some luck and for those ND experimenters, EQ was great. For some people like me, we killed an entire batch of eggs and never touched it again. In a way, RNG is flawed, but this is the nature of it and is the only way to balance out something that could be so strong. Incubate is the no risk way and if you want to hatch even faster, EQ was the way forward. There should be risk involved with EQ and I'll never advocate removing the risk. 

EQ isn't forgotten about, a lot of users, such as myself, hate unnecessary risk. I don't have Mortis Cantors because of this. Like at all. I don't want to throw my breeding projects behind a week for it. I'll probably eventually trade for them, but I don't plan to start any breeding projects with Mortis Cantors for this reason. 

I'm hoping that this:

...is at least confirmed.

But it raises the question of "why EQ?" What is the benefit to choosing to EQ an entire batch over individually egg smashing? Why would we use EQ to attempt to force the eggs? Are the chances different? I'm confused as to why it was brought up that Infinis wanted to encourage EQ use when it might be possible to just force the eggs via kill? Someone help me out here because I don't use EQ at all, but I thought the chances for kill and EQ were similar. The recent new information brings much confusion to this new alt and I wonder if it was something patched in for a hotfix? Perhaps per Infinis? If EQ was the intended way to obtain this alt, then this would have been a perfect way to acknowledge the decade's old feedback and give the Balloon value with Float/Levitate. 

Infinis is very well known for their sprites that people enjoy. I'm looking forward to the adults because I've always preferred adult sprites. People will naturally be passionate about wanting to collect as many pieces as possible, especially for artists known for their talent. Everyone seems to be raising eyebrows at another EQ alt, which I 100% agree is questionable. New and quirky ways to get dragons is cool. DC is unique in that the puzzle on new releases forces the community rub its braincells together and figure it out, together. That's a part of the community that makes DC unique. Like some others, I don't like recent trend towards risky methods and some of the forced interaction with the community. I'm hoping that this thread leads more towards those steering the DC boat to being more open with feedback. The community isn't unreasonable with requests and has always historically thought VERY HARD about the full implications of changes. I think they should at least be acknowledged or worked with if the community is overwhelmingly supporting something. 

I appreciate this^

Id love a levitate/float ability on balloons, so then we would have no reason to even remotely complain about eq.
Problem solved!

On 8/24/2021 at 3:34 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

So we now have two Earthquake varients and we still have the old un-updated "You cannot attempt to kill this hatchling because you have used this action 5 or more times in the past several weeks." penalty and the two weeks of dead eggshells on the scroll penalty.

This- 
Like, I already dont want to kill eggs, but I also get punished if my eq roll was unlucky-
It was already emotionally penalised for me, and also mechanically penalising. 
Like....why?
No hate to the spriters, I just...really wish we'd stop using the EQ mechanic for alts.

It really just makes me dread checking the game during release. attempt to get the new breed, and once I have at least 1, never do it again, and it innevitably becoming an entirly forgotten alt to me. Just because of how its obtained.

Since people here seem to be getting up in arms about any critisism, id like to clarify im not demanding or hating them for it, I just 'wish' for it. After all, we play games for fun.
So asking for something to stop being prevalant I, and some others deem 'not fun' or rather 'stressful' isnt a huge stretch. Just a suggestion. 
Personally I play DC to relax. something nice to check on daily. Eq personally stresses me out, being rng based, even if you prepare to use it 'properly'. Locking egg slots with dead eggs. 

I do however love the lore behind them, its intresting, and makes me like them, its just the mechanic that i dislike. I love the sprites, and lore, I just wish it was more like... warding or hatching them late made the pales, and kittish were the result of lack of positive bsas. Not a negative one. 

Hopefully ppl wont hate me for stating my opinion.

I bred 2 of my Pyros to Water dragons & got the bald versions. XD Both times I had no egg. Since it was yesterday I forget if it was a refusal, or no interest, or just no egg form their mates.

I also agree with Halo-Cat that it's not fun to have to use a "negative" BSA in order to get an alt & then be penalized for it by losing a kill slot, killing the egg, or losing the hatchie by having leaving your scroll. Not hating on the sprites or artist, just not happy about the mechanism. While I  do have a bunch on my scroll, it was STRESSFUL trying to get them. I can't wait until I get the last one so I can concentrate on get the others.

Tested Bronze Tinsel, Aegis Pacified and Enraged, and Citrine Gemshard. All orange. Also added to spreadsheet. I got eggs from the two Aegis and no interest/no egg from the other two.