TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Well tomorrow after zombie stuff I'll be EQing a full batch of Shumogas, let's see if I get luck or destruction.

Does anyone know if there is any benefit (or disadvantage I guess) to EQing eggs with, for example, 3d left as opposed to 4d? I know that to have a chance of success they need to be 24+h old, but past that point do we have any idea if the chance increases as the timer ticks down? This is assuming they'd be at a high cracking stage anyway, big holes probably.

Oh wow. I bred a Pyropellis with a Hellfire, looking to get a different colour flame on the baby, but I didn't realise that the flame on Dad would change to match his mate. That's awfully cute. I might have to make them exclusive mates now.

4 hours ago, DarkDragonfly330 said:

RIP 6/8 of my shumoga batch died and I ran out of greens so I can't try to hatch the last 2. No alt hatchies for me for 2 weeks :(

it's actually 24 hrs iirc, not 2 weeks

34 minutes ago, love_HP said:

it's actually 24 hrs iirc, not 2 weeks

But OP ran out of greens, the BSA takes two weeks to reload

19 hours ago, Myoukin said:

This would also solve the problem of people who want to play solo or just don't like to impose on people (like me); yeah, 2/3rds of the forum users don't mind holding onto something if you ask in the correct thread, but I hate not being able to do something for myself and having to ask other people for help. I find I end up not using earthquake as often because they involve so much planning around hatch times to make sure the stuff you don't want to quake isn't affected (not to mention the whole 'dead eggs locking up slots for 24 hours' thing). If we had a BSA that could protect our important eggs from earthquake without having to send them away, I feel like it would quell a good portion of the dissent around the mechanic.

Another thing I've played around with is the idea of Pillow dragons having a 'Cushion' BSA that would work similar to how Purples function; they would either minimize the chance for the egg to die as a result of a quake or increase the chance of the egg surviving a quake or remaining unaffected.

This. I think this is long overdue. Especially now that we have multiple breeds that require using EQ to get all the variants, it would be really nice to have an option to protect other eggs.

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

Well tomorrow after zombie stuff I'll be EQing a full batch of Shumogas, let's see if I get luck or destruction.

Does anyone know if there is any benefit (or disadvantage I guess) to EQing eggs with, for example, 3d left as opposed to 4d? I know that to have a chance of success they need to be 24+h old, but past that point do we have any idea if the chance increases as the timer ticks down? This is assuming they'd be at a high cracking stage anyway, big holes probably.

The closer to hatching the better your chances. 

I had 5 out of 6 hatch after a few rounds of earthquake today, ranging from 3d11h to 5d 12h. The youngest one (5d 12h) was the one that didn't survive.

6 hours ago, kzspot said:

Thank you to all the people who bred in the name of science. So cyan color just with female hellfire and hellhorse, and not male? That's. ........  unfortunate.

In fairness male hellfires and hellhorses are orange, so it makes sense!

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

The closer to hatching the better your chances. 

I do know that, but since an egg can hatch at 4d already I was wondering if the odds were even better at lower times or if it didn't make a difference anymore. At least there shouldn't be a reason that it's worse if they're more ER.

Managed to force a shimunga out via kill but... it is white?

Did I do something wrong or will it turn black later?

Edit: never mind it is darker than the other one and the text changed to.

Edited by Seph

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

In fairness male hellfires and hellhorses are orange, so it makes sense!

Red with orange, not yellow-orange.

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Red with orange, not yellow-orange.

Yea yeah sure the dragon itself is red if you want to get into the semantics I guess - flame's still a classical orange though 

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Bwhm.png

Yes?  I fail to see the point here considering my original statement was "yea tbf the males are orange so it makes sense for them to make orange Pyros" - not to mention there isn't even a red Pyro variant so I genuinely don't understand what the issue is here .--.

So i tried to earthquake shumoga eggs all survived but none turned skittish, am i doing something wrong?

1 minute ago, Cleo said:

So i tried to earthquake shumoga eggs all survived but none turned skittish, am i doing something wrong?

Did the eggs end up hatching?  Unlike Cantors, just surviving isn't enough sadly

Edited by Falorni
grammar fixes

oh so they must hatch even though they are not under 4 days old? cuz they didnt xD

1 minute ago, Cleo said:

oh so they must hatch even though they are not under 4 days old? cuz they didnt xD

Yeahh EQ/kill has to specifically hatch the eggs for the babies to turn out skittish - surviving and letting them hatch "naturally" doesn't work 😕

1 minute ago, Falorni said:

Yeahh EQ/kill has to specifically hatch the eggs for the babies to turn out skittish - surviving and letting them hatch "naturally" doesn't work 😕

Im not sure how EQ works cuz i never used it that much, can it hatch an egg that is 4 days or older? or an egg still has to be under 4 days old?

1 minute ago, Cleo said:

Im not sure how EQ works cuz i never used it that much, can it hatch an egg that is 4 days or older? or an egg still has to be under 4 days old?

I'm not really an EQ expert since I mostly avoid it but there's some valuable info both earlier in this thread and in the Earthquake Science one linked below 😄  Best of luck in any future egg scrambling endeavors!

48 minutes ago, Cleo said:

Earthquake is trying to force the egg to hatch regardless of how much time it has left, which is why it has a chance of killing the egg. Earthquake can have four different results; the first two are the ones that create the skittish/dark alt:

1. It can force hatch the egg, the hatchie runs away and you catch the it (turns into a skittish/dark alt)
  2. It can force hatch the egg, the hatchie runs away and you miss it (turns into a skittish/dark alt and is sent to the AP)
  3. The egg remains unaffected (will hatch normally as the snuggly/light alt)
  4. The egg cracks open and the hatchie inside dies (dead egg taking up a spot for 24 hours and will hang around for two weeks before disappearing)

I am jubilant! Luck was on my side today!

Out of 3 kill attempts on Shumoga eggs, 2 survived and I will have a pair of CB dark Shumogas! The first two attempts were a couple days ago where I had one sucess, one death. Third attempt was just now and was a sucess.

All three eggs were at less than 5 days with a big hole when I used Kill. First two were at 4d 23h and the third was at 4d 12h.

22 hours ago, Dalek said:

No. I was answering you? Orange pyros don't change colours. However, if breeding an orange and a green together, the result might be that the green flamed Pyro changes back to orange. This is just a theory until its actually comfirmed

Eh, misunderstanding then... I mean breeding pyros with other breeds and how it's a shame that so few pyro x non-pyro breedings give us non-orange pyros.

Like just one breed for the non-flame pyros, I expected at least a handful of the water aligned dragons to give us the same result.

Edited by caya

1 minute ago, caya said:

Eh, misunderstanding then... I mean breeding pyros with other breeds and how it's a shame that so few pyro x non-pyro breedings give us non-orange pyros.

Like just one breed for the non-flame pyros, I expected at least a handful of the water aligned dragons to give us the same result.

I think of it along the same vein of hybrid breeding; just like there's only a certain breed (or breeds) that change the flame color of the Pyros, hybrids that can only come from breeding two (or more in cases like Pennybrights) specific dragons together.